A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by RebeccaCullen »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

A little confused as to why the house was being drawn, and I hoped that nothing bad would come to Bella and Renee.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.

They wouldn't have let her go to the house.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?

I think he knew she wanted to worry, and gave her the choice whether or not to have it done.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
I was shocked I imediately thought that maybe Renee would come back because of Bella leaving forks and James would use her to get Bella to come to him.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
Because she knows that they won't let her go and they would call Edward righjt away and James would know if she did and kill her mother, he told her not to bring or tell anyone or her mother would die.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
She broke contact and she knew that she had to resist because she needed to focus on what she had to do, She had to get away from them and she knew that-that was going to be hard enough.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix? I knew James was there.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on. She wanted to save her mom.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact? He gave up.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I was kind of worried what would happen. But I knew everything would be ok in the end.

She knew they would try to stop her and just go themselves which would just complicate things.

I'm not really sure on this one. She might have been able to break it.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
YouAreMyLifeNow
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by YouAreMyLifeNow »

I was like :o . Whats happening at Bella's house? And then i read on..........

I think Bella thought that she would be able to save her mom and she truely thought that James would hurt her mom if she told Alice and Jasper. I also think that she thought that they wouldn't let her go if she told them so she dicided to keep it to her self.

I think he gave up when she .......nerver mind. I'm not sure....I think it could go eather way
I know i spell bad
Twi Mafia~Sarina Santoro
Twilight lover: Because sometimes fantasy is better than reality
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I don't remember my initial reaction, but I can imagine I was worried about anything serious happening to Renée or Bella.

They wouldn't have let her go (on her own) and she wouldn't risk Renée getting hurt.

I really don't know. I think she resisted, but it could've been Jasper who gave up.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i was like ohh snap! james knows where they are...

-bella thought that she was protecting alice and jasper by not telling them, but she was actually just putting herself in more danger haha.

-i dont know, she was resisting, but i think it was jasper who gave up.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was scared to death. I didn't know why or what was gonna happen, but I knew it wasn't gonna be anything good.

Because she is so worried about Renee that she's not tihnking straight anywats. Besides, they would never had let her go.

I think that he saw that he was only upseting her more and backed off.
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

Shock, and I was honestly scared.

She was afraid that her mom would die if she did.

I'm not sure.
~Bee Marie
eclipserox
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by eclipserox »

The fight was coming to Phoenix.

She knew that they would not allow her to go meet James or they would insist on going with her. James had said if she didn't meet him alone he would hurt her mother.

In the books, it is said multiple times that Jasper's power works on her. It does seem like proximity is necessary for his power to work. When Bella goes to the bathroom in the airport, she uses the excuse that Jasper will keep her calm to ditch Alice. When Bella breaks contact, his power is not as strong.