A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
oh shoot! we have a ballet studio in pheniox and now bellas mothers house...what the heck is going on?? :lol:

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on?
because they wouldnt be able to resitst getting involved and that would get bellas mother dead. i think bella was smart with that decision.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
neither. i dont think its possible to resist it and i dont think jasper simplely just gave up. i think that when she said she dindt want to go to sleep he listened.
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

I got goosebumps. When I realised what was going on I was actually terrified, I could feel my heart beating really fast and just wanted everyone to be ok!

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on?

Cos she doesn't want anyone to get hurt because of her. When I was reading this, I was in 2 minds. On one hand, I could understand what she was doing, and why she never told anyone what was going on, but at the same time I was desparate for her to tell Alice and Jasper cos I didn't want anything to happen to her!

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?

I think Jasper realised that Bella needed to break down a little. Sometimes it's better to get it out, rather than try to sleep it off.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I thought that Bella was going to go there. She did.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
Because she knows she has to escape from them, and obviously they wouldn't let her.

I think he knew she was scared and nervous, so he didn't thought there was something else going on.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

Not completely shocked. When Alice first drew the ballet studio and Bella recognized it to be almost identical to the one she went to in Phoneix, I thought James might go to her house.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.
She knows they will stop her. She's not taking any chance of getting her mom hurt. She wants to end this with just her.

I think she successfully resisted. As powerful as Jasper's gift is, I think there are a few exceptions with how strong some feelings are, or if you concentrate hard enough.. or maybe knowing he's doing it can help you focus more.
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

I knew immediately that Bella was going to end up in ballet studio. I guess you could say it was destiny, no matter if she tried not to go.

She didn't want to see them get hurt. She already felt bad that any of the Cullen's could end up dead. She is a very self-sacrifice type of person. She felt this was all her fault and she wanted to bear the burden.

I don't think he gave up, but to just let her be. To not force her to feel a certain way.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

I was horribly alarm for her mother…

I don’t know. She trying to protect them I guest. She doesn’t like the fact that all the family Cullen risk their life for her. She’s really worried to for her mother and believed that she have a chance to protect her.

I believe that he gave up. There were so many things to set up at this moment, as long she stay calmly in the other room, he can handle that…

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Huh?

She's afraid Alice and Jasper won't let her go, which is correct.

I think he gave up, because I think his power is very strong. If he can calm down an entire room of people, then Bella shouldn't be able to resist it.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

I was like; Oh no! Not Renee!

Because she knew they wouldn't allow her to go, which would've made things way more complicated.

I think he stopped only because he knew that she needed to try to be calm on her own instead of forced. We humans have amazing ways to cope with certain emotions and I think Jasper knew this in being a better option.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Very surprised -- and worried about what James was planning.

Because James told her that he'd hurt her mom if she did, and she believed him.

That's difficult... I think that she probably resisted, since I don't think that Jasper would have given up.
desire4vampires
Wandering Through Town

Post by desire4vampires »

Chapter 21 ~ Phone Call

I was confused because one minute she is sketching the dance studio and the next she is sketching Bella’s home in Phoenix.

She was terrified that James would know that she told them something and kill her mother. Besides, she thought that Alice and Jasper would pick up on something with their abilities. I’m surprised that Alice didn’t see Bella’s in the studio since her decision has been made.

I think that Jasper was respecting her wishes and not using his abilities when she broke pff contact and said “I don’t want to sleep.”