Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
I think it was a low blow as she said but it had to be done, poor Charlie I was really sad for him having to her that twice from the people he loves the most in the world is harsh :cry: .

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
That they are a close family they stick together through thick and thin and that's how it's always been and how it's going to be.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
Because he seemed to like the way the Cullen's lived and was curious to give it a try. What else do you have to do with eternity but try new things.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
He could feel how Edward felt about her and how she felt about Edward and there was no denying they truly loved each other. Plus he knew that Alice loved Bella too so he definitely did not want to hurt her and let Carlisle and Esme down.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far? I thought she was smart--she needed to be to get away from Jasper and Alice!

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship? They understand one another.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali? Because vampires don't have strong connections and he's more peaceful--he knows there are other humans beside Bella.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion? Feeling how different Edward had become, and how much she meant to him.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
I really think it was the only way Charlie would've let her go. If he hadn't been so hurt, I imagine he would've stopped her somehow. At least, that's what I would do if I'd ever have a daughter and one day she'd come home at night and decide to just leave.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
Like it has been said before me: they understand each other (both freaks among freaks) and they also have respect for each other.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
He's tired of the behaviour of James and Victoria and I think he wants another life for himself. Maybe something less dangerous.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
He could also sense other people's emotions about Bella. He knew how much Edward loved her and how Alice and most of the rest of his family also liked her a lot. I think he just assumed that if someone could make all those people love her, she must've been very special. And also ... Maybe he just believes that everyone's worth it. Maybe he thinks every life is worth fighting for?
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

As much as it made me sad, I really do think it's the only way she would have been able to get out.

He obviously has a lot of respect for her, which shows. Alice is one of my favorite characters for many reasons and I like the fact that she's reliable, fun, and truly a great person.

I think that he knew that they didn't stand a chance against the Cullens.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
I was surprised actually. I thought that was so nice. He could probably feel what Edward and the family were going through and how devastated they would have been if something were to happen to her.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-bella went a little far, yes. but at the same time, she need to say something harsh to get charlie to let her go.

-it definetly shows just how close alice and edward are, and how well they understand each other.

-he was probably trying to stay out of a fight with the cullens, seeing as there were only 3 of them and 7 of the cullens. he was also probably curious about the way the vampires up in denali live.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could feel that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
-no i wasnt really suprised that he could feel that she was worth it. jasper knew how much bella meant to edward and if one person meant that much to someone, they were obviously worth it.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I don;t see how else she could have left. It was the only way Charlie would have let her walk out his door.

That they are the closest out of all the 'siblings.' It is evident everywhere.

I think enough was just enough. Perhaps Carlisle made a good impression on him. Maybe he just had a change of heart.

Bella is like a Cullen now. She means something to all of them. And if anything would happen to her, they would be stuck with a deppressed and probably suicidal Edward.
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

I think she went to far. She could've said something else. It bothered me that she said all those things because they were from a very painful past. She really hurt him. He never expected that behavior from his daughter.

That they have a very strong relationship, mostly because of their gifts. Their connection is very strong. It seems to me like the relationship between excellent brother and sister.

Because he was a coward. He didn't want to get into trouble because the Cullens outnumbered them. Besides, they were stronger. The proof is that he didn't care and wanted to kill Bella later.

No. Edward is his brother and he was the only one who was alone. He was ok that Edward had found a soul mate. I think Bella's concern might've lead him.
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

For this, I like to give like... a visual, but more of a real life and personal example.
Okay, so remember THE most hurtful words you've ever heard. Remember how you felt, how badly it hurt and how much you wanted to scream and cry and punch things. Hurts just thinking about it, right?
Now picture your best friend, or you parents, or even your siblings, someone you really care about, saying the same things to you. Now, they know that those words hurt enough the first time, and they went ahead and used them again.

Hurts even more, right?

That's how I think about it. I mean, there were other ways of getting out for Bella, but saying the same thing that her mom said when she left, that's going a little too far.

They are super close. I think this was as close to real siblings Edward ever got. I mean, Edward kind of explained this, but Alice and him had to stick together; they were freaks among freaks.

Ultimately, he knew that the Cullens would win, and he wanted to save himself. He said that, right?

He feels everyone's emotions around him. Of course, him saying that she does matter was touching.
~Bee Marie
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?Considering that it was for Charlie's safety and that he wouldn't have let her go either way, it was a good plan, but it was very hurtful.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?It says that they are very close like an actual brother and sister.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?He's afriad of them.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?He knows how important Bella is to Edward.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I cringed the whole time :? I felt so bad for Charlie. But it had to be done. What else could she say that would be that effective, with only 15 minutes to get out? But poor Charlie, that had to hurt.

They are more brother and sister than anybody in the family. They are both gifted so I think that bonds them. And Edward knows that Alice wants the best for him and she is always right haha sort of. Really most of the time.

I believe him when he says he doesnt want to be involved in the fight. I think he knows that if it came down to it he would probably be killed, so...why risk it? He doesnt care about James and Victoria. They are not family.

I loved that part! It got me teary eyed. Because who doesnt want to hear that "You are wrong, you know...You are worth it" Jasper could probably feel the despair in Bella and it would take one look at Bellas face to know what she felt like.