A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by Dovrebanen »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
I think she did what she had to do. Probably Charlie would have let her go even without her saying those things, but it would have taken time to make up a story. And Bella didn't have time. So therefore it was necessary.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
They have a very special bond. They both have this uniqe talent, and they are able to communicate without actually speaking. And Edward knows that Alice looks out for him, by the fact that she can see the future (even if he doesn't always like what she sees, she is usually right). So they clearly have a very special relationship. Alice is also the one that is the most supportive about Edwards relationship with Bella.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
He left because he didn't want to get involved. I do not think that he left because he didn't want any part in killing Bella, he couldn't care less what happened to her. He just wanted to avoid a fight with the Cullens. I guess he could probably see how close they were, and how they would fight for eachother.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
I was not surprised. Maybe surprised that he said it, but not that he felt it. Jasper has lived with Edward for a long time, and he has probably seen/felt a dramatic change in Edward since Bella came into his life. So he knows how important Bella is, and what she means to Edward. He also knows what loosing her would mean to Edward.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?i htink she did what she had to do so her father let her go

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
that edward and alice is the closets compared to the others maybe since thier are gifted that brings them more together

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
he knows if he choses james side he would end up dead. i dont really know what was going in his head to decide to try the cullens way of life

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
i was surprised that jasper had said that but i guess if she makes her brother happy then he is happy
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
No. It was the last resort. She knew that she didn’t want to go there. She knew that she would go there if he wouldn’t let go. And Charlie was not letting go. She had to do what she could to keep her and her father safe.

He is closest to Alice. There are no two ways around it. Alice is the only one who understands him. He knows that Jasper kind of understands, but it’s Alice who really knows what he is going through. They are both freaks and they have to protect each other.

Part of me says that he is truly intrigued by the lifestyle the Cullens have made. The other half wants to say that he’s just not into fighting.

Absolutely not! I think that everyone says that it’s all because of Edward, but you know what. It’s not just Edward! Part of it happens to be that he likes her too! Alice loves her for crying out loud. Of course he’s going to tell her she’s worth it. She absolutely is. There is no two ways around it.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

She went as far as she needed to, which was actually pretty far. I just hoped that she could repair her relationship with Charlie eventually. I thought her tactic was pretty necessary, but super super upsetting because I really like Charlie.

It says how much they know about each other & care about each other. They obviously have a mutual respect for each other that transcends the relationship they have with their other siblings.

He didn't want to be a part of their hunt. I think he was only a member of the coven because he honestly didn't know where else to go or what else to do.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it? What do you think lead him to that conclusion?

I thought Jasper's talent was more about emitting emotions rather than feeling them, so I was interested to learn just how much he can actually sense in the environment. I think he came to that conclusion based on both Edward & Alice's feelings for Bella.

Image Image Image
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I wished she could have thought of another tactic; even when Renee is in the hospital and Bella wants to get out of bed to comfort her and stop her worrying, I was worrying about how Charlie would be feeling. It really upset me how much she had to hurt him; but she HAD to do it, because there was no other way around it. It was even more heartbreaking in the film, for some reason. I felt so sorry for Charlie, and completely understood Bella's meltdown in the truck afterwards.

It shows the level of respect that they have for each other; the only other person Edward has that much respect for is Carlisle, who he idolises, so it shows how deep the bond between Edward and Alice must be for her to be able to stop him. It makes sense that he would trust her, given his ability to see her visions, but I think it's deeper than that; it's the bond the two of them have formed from having their mind abilities that actually persuades him to listen.

He knew that it couldn't end well, and didn't want to be part of it either way; self preservation would have told him that he, without any gift like James or Victoria, would have been the one to come off the worst when versing seven vampires; plus, James' games had begun to bore him. Denali was the closest thing to a way out for Laurent, to joining another coven and getting out of James' as well as personal danger.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it? What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
I was really touched by that comment from Jasper. His being able to feel emotions, he read it from her; amongst everything else, he felt the sense of worthlessness coming from her that Bella does often feel around Edward, let alone in that situation. And he picked up on that to make her feel better. I thought it was really sweet; it's one of the things that made me like him as a character, despite him being more distant than the rest of the Cullens.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I thought it was necessary. Very sad, but necessary. Charlie wouldn't have let her go any other way.
They both have to stick together. They are very close, and most of it isn't even spoken. It's silently just known that they trust each other. They don't have to say anything out loud. Alice knows Edward very well, and she can see his decisions. She talks to him in her head, and she can get him to listen to reason because of her talent.
He wasn't very closely bonded with them. It was just convenient. He didn't want to die for a silly little mortal girl. He was too interested in the Cullens and wanted to learn more about their lifestyle. He goes to Denali because it's the only way he can do this and get away from James and Victoria.
It did surprise me. I was very happy, because Jasper doesn't say much in the first two books. He's just kind of there. The things that he do say and very meaningful and important, and it's those things that really form his character. He knew how Edward feels about Bella, and he saw how she feels about him. Jasper just stands off to the side and watched everything, and he learns a lot about people.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far? No she did what she had to do so that he would let her go.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship? She's his best friend.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali? I think he didn't want to end up dead and he knew that if he fought with James and Victoria that's what would happen. He doesn't know the Cullens well enough to fight with them and to him Bella's life was not worth fighting for. So he chose to stay out of it. He went to Denali because he was interested in the vegan way of life and wanted to learn more.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could fell that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion? No he can feel what people are feeling so he could feel her self doubt and worthlessness. He came to that conclusion because like Esme he knew Edward was not whole until he found Bella.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far? I don't think that Charlie would have let her leave any other way. As much as it hurt Charlie, I think she did what she needed to do.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship? I think that they are very close to each other. They both have something about them that makes them special, reading minds / seeing the furture. I think that probably makes them closer than the others.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali? He was interested in what the Cullen's were about and how they lived, but did not want to deal with James and Victoria anymore, he seemed to have enough of them and their ways.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion? No not surprised, we knew he could feel and change the feelings around him. I think he felt she was worth it because he can feel how Edward feels about her and the others too.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

boohoo. poor charlie!! :cry: yes, i think she went a little far. i dont think charlie would go after her if she simply walked out after telling charlie she wanted to get out.

they're close, they're buddies, they go way back (more than you know :lol: ), they both know what its like to have this extra ability and thats made them closer, etc.

from the beginning, i didnt think laurant fit in with james and victoria. i didnt blame him for leaving and i wasnt surprised.

i wasnt surprised until i read midnight sun! (yeah, i know *gasp* and all that) before, i was like "oh, thats sweet and comforting" but after i read midnight sun i was like "wait a sec...is this the same guy that tried to calm and comfort her in the hotel??" then i was shocked!
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

A little but I think she had to. It was the only way.

That they're really close, it's nice.

I was grateful to him!

What she meant to Edward. All his family could see him finally happy, like he has never been before. Like Alice said later: "Do you think we want to see Edward's face for the following 100 years if he loses you?" , something like that.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan