A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by Alphie »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by pixiealice »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
Yes, I really did. I know deep down it was necessary, but dang...

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
They are tight. Because of their specials, they can relate to each other better. They are both "freaks" of nature.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
At first, I really liked Laurent. He clued the Cullens in on James tracking abilities. I don't think he was the type of vampire to track and kill for "fun" Plus I think he felt the power amongst the Cullens and didn't want to cross them.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
Feeling and seeing Edwards angst and terror. Jasper is able to read people pretty well, and he is so often in the background that I think he sees way more than anyone credits him.
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far? I thought it was a bit harsh, but she didn't really have a choice.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship? They are very close and trust each other alot. I think their special talents bond them as well.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali? I think he knew trouble was brewing and he didn't want to have to deal with possible vengance from the large Cullen coven.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion? Edward loved her so she had to be worth it.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Ouch. Poor Charlie. But she had to do what she could to get him out of danger, which he would have appreciated in the long run (if she'd ever been able to tell him).

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset
Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?

I think that their ability to speak without words has made them close. They seem to pick on each other like a real brother and sister do. Also, I think that often Edward put a lot of stock in her ability to see the future, so it made him more trusting.

Laurent, I'm pretty sure, knew James was no match against an entire coven of vampires who's sole purpose was to protect this human girl.

I was at first, but then I took a step back. After Edward, Jasper is one of my favorite characters. I think he saw the joy that Bella brought Edward and since Edward was his 'brother' he couldn't deny him that. It was the same thing he had with Alice, after all. And, like Alice had said, no one wanted to be around a Bella-less Edward for the rest of eternity. LOL.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I thought it was mean, and that she id go too far. I could think of something better, and less heart-wrenching.

2. Edward must trust Carlisle and his judgement a whole lot.

3. Maybe he had a change in heart, or wanted another lifestyle. There are many possibilities.

4. Not really. I think it was easy to notice that Bella and Edward were two puzzle pieces, and they fit perfectly together.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think she knew that Charlie wouldn't let her leave unless she really really hurt him. My heart goes out to Charlie in this chapter.

I think Edward really respects Carlisle and knows that he will do what is in their best interest. I think Edward is to worried and angry to listen to reason. I think this chapter really captures the essence of the Cullen family. They are a close knit group.

He knows what James is doing is wrong and he doesn't want a part of it, but he is also not going to get involved because he doesn't' want to deal with any retaliation. I think Laurent is a coward.

Jasper is very attuned to the emotions of those around him. He knows Bella is worth it because she brings life to Edward. Jasper knows that if something happens to Bella, Edward will not be the same, and they will have to deal with his immense depression.
fleurfairy
Settled in Forks

Post by fleurfairy »

I definitely felt bad for Charlie. He had been so good to her and for him to hear the things she was saying must have been really hurtful. I remember hoping that she would apologize to him immediately after she was saved.

I think Alice and Edward have a very strong brother-sister connection. I also think since both have special abilities, they bond over that. And I think Edward trusts Alice the most because she can see the future and she knows what will happen.

In reality, Laurent was a wuss. He didn't want to get on James' bad side, but the Cullens were even more powerful than James. So he should have stuck with them instead of running away.

Jasper saw how deeply in love Edward had fallen. He knew the torture Edward was enduring by resisting to drink Bella's blood. So he figured she must be worth it.
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

Of course she went to far. That was the point. She had to make him let her go, No matter the pain it caused. She had to keep him safe. She was hoping James was listening and would leave Charlie alone. Her plan worked...But oh man did would that hurt. it would hurt just to say it! I hated reading it, but I knew that Bella was doing it to protect him.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullen's. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
That shows you how close they all are. He listens to Carlisle because he is the father and he is the one who "saved" Edward... So it makes sense he would listen to him. Edward and Alice are alike in they have these special abilities that no one has or understands completely. As other posters have said they are the "freaks" even in the supernatural world. They bonds people. Plus Alice is hard not to like. It makes sense Edward would listen to her. She has that ability to make you listen even though you don't want to!

Several reasons... he saw how the Cullen's live. In peace, in one place, as a family. Any one would want that. Maybe he too tired of killing people to live. He saw there was another way. He noticed the bond between the Cullen's. That they were strong, united, and loved each other. Once again anyone would want that. Maybe he also knew that since he helped give them info that James and Victoria wouldn't be to pleased. All this makes Denali look a lot better!
I think it was a little cowardly to run like that. But understandable too. He knew James/Victoria and didn't know the Cullen's. But it also seems smart to aline yourself with a larger and stronger coven!!

Not really. He has known Edward. His feelings up to Bella. He has sensed the change in him. He feels the need to feed on her and what it is doing to Edward. He feels the love Edward feels toward Bella as well. Thus he feels the disgust Edward has for himself because of that thirst for Bella. That is a lot to feel!!!! And he feels what Edward feels when he thinks he is going to loose her. Therefore he knows what Bella means to Edward and what it would do to him if she was dead. It makes her worth it. Does that make any sense. It worked in my head, but typing it and saying out loud...it doesn't sound right. Sorry!!
ImageImage
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

Whatever it takes to keep Charlie alive, was all that really mattered. I don't think she went too far.

They are the closest. It helps obviously, having the powers that they do, but I think it's more that they just click on a certain level.

He probably knew that the Cullens would get James & Victoria! And, like he said...he could get killed by James if he sided with the Cullens and if he sided with James & Victoria, then the Cullen's would kill him. It's self preservation more than anything.

I thought that was a sweet first moment for the two. She didn't -doesn't- feel like she deserves the amount of happiness she has, doesn't feel like she is worth the destruction of a family..It was sweet that Jasper would contradict her.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Bella did what she had to do. She also didn't have time to think at all.

They are connected on a very deep level. Probably much like faternal twins.

He says why, because he isn't interested in getting involved in the fight between James and the Cullens. He was only a part of their coven to cover his own tush.

I don't know if Jasper thinks Bella is worth it, but I do think he believes EDWARD is worth it all.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!