Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by sarah! »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
~ I kept thinking "poor charlie" through the whole thing. :( but it was for his safety.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
~ They are very close. They could be brother and sister.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
~ He didnt want to be involved in the mess that had began in Forks, and he knew he was outnumbered if he tried.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
~ Bella is very important to Edward and Jasper can feel it.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
I think she did what she had to do. She had to make sure Charlie didn't try ot follow her, or suspect anything. When it comes to keeping your family safe, damage is temporary and can be repaired.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
Edward and Alice are obviously very close. I think that being unique even among the unique, sharing the gifts that they do, serves to strengthen their sibling bond. But, I think they genuinely love each other. It's a special relationship.
3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?
Self preservation. He was stacking the odds in his favor. He couldn't really care less what happens to either side. He just wants to live to hunt another day.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
Not at all. I think he and Edward are closer than we know at this moment. And, with his gift, he would be the first to sense the change that happens to Edward when Bella comes into his life, how much happier he is. He loves his brother and wants him to be happy. Bella is the key to that.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Well, her life was at risk. She doesn't really have a choice. She HAS to go.. So I guess, no. She didn't go too far.

It says, they have eachothers backs.. They have to look out for eachother because they are 'the freaks among the freaks' lol. It shows a strong relationship.

He knew that is wasn't worth it. He probably was feeling a little down about killing people and was intriguied by the fact that they can live civilized.

I dont know.. Jasper has always felt things. He just....knows. He senses it.

~Syd
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I think that she had to cut him to the quick so that he'd cut her loose. This was very painful, as much for Bella having to say it as it was for Charlie to hear it and almost as much for me having to read it.

Edward and Alice have a special relationship with their unique gifts--they are able to have totally silent conversations at a distance and they form a great protective team for their family. I think also, that Edward listens to Alice more because she is seldom wrong and, unlike Rosalie, she is concerned about others. They really love and respect each other, as brother and sister.

Laurent seems to be a little more civilized than James and Victoria, but I think he left primarily to stay out of the brewing fight between his former coven and the Cullens. It was good of him to warn the Cullens but it meant that he was burning bridges with James and Victoria and he needed a place to hide. He was definitely acting from self-interest and preservation.

I was at first shocked. Jasper hardly says anything in the whole book. But when I thought about it, Jasper feels others feelings and influences them. He has to know what Bella means to Edward and what it would do to him if her were to lose her. He feels the same way about Alice. Edward's happiness is also very important to Esme and Carlisle and losing her would negatively impact them and Alice. Then there is Bella herself and he's probably been around her enough to get a sense of her caring, selflessness and her love for Edward. I really liked Jasper at this moment.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

1)Pretty intense but necessary considering the situation. No. She had to get away from Charlie and like she said - he's not an imbecile and she needed to make him believe she wanted to get away, quickly.

2)That they are very close as siblings can be. They understand each other. Also because they both are gifted in the "mind" area, there is a connection, a bond.

3)He wanted no part of this hunt. He was embarrassed by them and probably tired of their primitive way of living.

4)Yes, at first. I think seeing the changes in Edward that were brought on by his relationship with Bella and probably there may have been conversations regarding that.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

It was probably very necessary, but dang if that didn't hit like a knife...not wait several knifes..in the chest. :(

They are very close. I think alot of it has to do w/ the way their minds work. She sees the future and he reads minds. Also, Alice was the first to pretty much accept Bella.

He did not want to be involved. He saw both sides of the story.

This really did take me by surprise. I was like Jasper..really?? I think he said this b/c he really beleives in Alice's vision. Well she sees Bella becoming one of them. He also knows Edward really loves her. I'm sure he would do anything for Alice as well as Edward. So he is taking up for Bella b/c she is pretty much family now.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

1. What did you think of the tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
She wasn't really left with a choice because she had to save herself and her father. The things Bella said to Charlie to get out of the house seemed a little harsh but she did what she had to do.

They are obviously very close. I think the silent converstaions they can have, have a lot to do with their connection. He can see her visions and hear her thoughts, and she can see his future. In this situation, Alice already knows his options and what the outcome will be so she'd know best how to calm him down.

I don't think he cared what happened to any of them. His only concern was himself and fleeing to Denali was a way to ensure his safety.

I don't think that he "could" feel that she was worth it. That is not really an emotion. But, he knows how Edward feels about Bella and Jasper loves Edward. Bella is the most important thing to Edward so of course Jasper is going to do what he can to protect her. Alice is probably a contributing factor to the fact that Jasper thinks Bella is worth saving. Alice, like Edward, loves Bella and wants her to be safe. I can't imagine Jasper not doing everything he could to save Bella, just to keep Alice from being upset.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

She had to go to whatever level she needed to get out. Charlie's had 17 years to think about what to say, how to react, should the event with Renee happen again somehow.

He's able to read her mind as she sees the future, thusly enabling him to see the future once she's out of the trance. Seems kinda rocky but getting better, although he did say before that she is the most supportive of him being with Bella.

Didn't want to come between two mates(Edward/Bella). Remains neutral in the case, and can go to Denali to further investigate the Cullens' lifestyle.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could feel that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
Yeah, although I didn't really think it all the way through as to what he could do. To literally feel what others feel, thusly allowing him to control the feelings and turn them how he wishes, if he should please. This lets him know how Bella feels about what is going on, and with him having known Edward for who knows how long, he knows she is worth it.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far? I think it kind of sucked that's what she had to do but she knew she needed to or Charlie would't let her go. I think since she's running to save her life & his it's justified.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship? He has a really good relationship with both of them.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali? I was surprised at that actually. He probably didn't want to get involved.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion? I was a little surprised. But he lives w/Edward and can see & feel how much Bella means to Edward and that he loves her so much.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

no i think that she did what was needed to get out charlie wouldn't let her go any other way

it's a father son realtionship

he's sick of james...don't worry i would be too

he could for lack of a better term feel the love
**Kathryn**