A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Game

Post by golden x sunshine »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response?
-billy was waaaay out of line with what he said to bella, but she handled it really well.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?
-hah yeah. i mean, it couldve been worse.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

-yes ! edward is so hard on himself, even thought he doesnt really need to be. his self-control is better then most vampires could ever hope for.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.
-noo not really. no matter when or how he says it its always soo sweet ! and besides, just because he hadnt said i love you, before, doesnt mean he hasnt shown bella how much he loves her.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?
-of course not ! i still thought she was sweet and motherly.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

Billy was being a bit overreactive, though with good reason from his point of view. But Bella of course was very good with the whole thing and handled it very well.

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?

Yeah, he did good. This is the first boyfriend and he is the father of only one daughter. So, yeah. I approve.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?

Yes and no. I mean, everyone knows he wont hurt her or anything, but thats because he keeps such great control. I mean, if he wasn't so hard on himself, Bella would have died the first day he met her.

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.

SM always kept the books very realistic, and in real life, things aren't always going to have an orchastra playing in the background. So, even though it could have been a big scene, I was happy with how it turned out.

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?

Not really, but I understood her motherly nature better. I was also very sympathetic. I mean, she lost her first born. She had such a heart-breaking past.
OnePerCentClub
Wandering Through Town

Post by OnePerCentClub »

She handled it pretty well. As a teenager, she could've reacted in a total different way, but she was very mature about it, polite but right to the point. Billy was worried, but it wasn't his business.

It was normal, we probably thought it wasn't going to work and I thought he didn't put that much effort in the whole thing.

No, he's just concerned. He knows what he's capable of doing and knows the danger.

No, but I guess another moment would've been the right one. However, he feels it and it's right, he shouldn't wait for any other moment if he feels that way.

That she was a good person, that she was trying to fill the void in her life by "raising" these kids, even when she was not that older than them. Her story is very tragic and all I can think is how sweet she is.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I expected Billy to say something to her, and if I believed as he did I probably would have done the same thing; and if I were Bella I probably wold have reacted the same way.

Yes, most dads act the same way and he really wasn't that bad.

Yes, I do think that he is being hard on himself.

No, because he has said and shown that he loves her in many other ways.

I loved her even more as I learned more about her.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1) What did you think of Billy's conversation with Bella and her response?I think that she responded

2) Did you approve of the way Charlie treated Edward as the first boyfriend Bella ever brought home?Yes, he had to make sure that he would take care of her.

3) Edward talks about his inner turmoil regarding constantly putting Bella into danger. Do you think he is to hard on himself?YES!!!!!

4) Edward finally says "I love you". Were you disappointed in how it came out almost off-handedly.YES!!!

5) We learn more about Esme, was your impression of her changed after learning more about her?I saw that she cares for her adopted children as if they were her own.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

I think I would've reacted the same. I mean, it isn't any of his business.

Absolutely. Ha, I was just glad he called him Edward, and not Edwin. :lol:

Yes. I mean, he needs to understand that it's also Bella's fault.

No. I was just too amazed. He said I love you. Swoon. :D

It was the same. She came more of a mother because of that, though.
~Bee Marie
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1) i would have done the same thing that bella did. what does he have to t do with it?

2) ya i liked that part in the movie with the gun and all

3) heck ya he was too hard on himself. he was right, but he got bella!!!!!! can't he be happy !!!!!!

4) it wasn't as big i'd hoped, but i liked it. simple is easy

5)i liked learning about esme. it was interesting to know how she tried to hurt herself
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

My very fisrt thought? Butt out! BUT..he means well.

Yeah, I mean how else can you handle it. He did ok. It helps that Edward some forma nice family and he is nothing but polite.

Yes.

It worked for me.

Not really, I thought it was sad and it made sense how she was so motherly with her "kids"
Kirume
Settled in Forks

Post by Kirume »

It's none of his business ... I don't like him ..

Yeah .. It's a good for Edward and for him :))

I don't have any idea .. Maybe both of their fault

It's normal...right :o ??

I really like her ... After read 'bout Esme , I love her .
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~i was frustrated for Bella. Its none of his business.

~ ha yes he did fine. it helped that edward is way polite.

~ to a certain extent, yes. hes is hard on himself, but he really technically IS putting her in danger.

~no, i liked it simple and sweet. :)

~i loved her even more... she is such a caring person.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!