A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter 15 ~ The Cullens

Post by lunamia »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?I loved it! They are such a classy family that it absolutely fits them.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.OH ! Carlisle and Esme are my second favorite couple because they are so sweet and GOOD and polite and just lovable. haha They are the PERFECT In-laws.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?I did'nt think anything of it.

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?Um yeah Bella of course. Edward only has to meet one person. Bella has to meet a perfect looking family haha.
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- i was very intersted in how they would put it, i was happy with the way that it turned out, especially in the movie.

2- they reminded me of regular parents, just with a twist, especially in the movie.

3- i thought it was interesting, but wasn't too sure of how it would turn out.i didn't know until the game that it would be such a big deal.

4- i think it would be bella because she hasn't interacted with vampires and also she can't read peoples minds. edward has had a really long time around humans.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
ihadanEdwardRush
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ihadanEdwardRush »

1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?

~~It's like a pretty, wonderful house and I loved it. You know you will think that ordinary people are living there.

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.

~~Carlisle and Esme were both amazing people, opps..i mean vampires! They are easy to be loved because they are nice.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?

~~When I first read it, I had this feeling/idea that this will be turned out to something big and bad in the end. And I was right!

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?

~~I could say it would be Edward. Bella's is like more of "excited" or like "eager" to meet Edward's family and you know Bella, she would take any risk so it's more like of Edward's a lil bit nervous.
Banner by the fabulous MISTY!!! (yeah she rules!)
A proud part of the Gen Y Lexily! <3 my lexlings
ShortStuff_<3
Wandering Through Town

Post by ShortStuff_<3 »

Alphie wrote:1. What were your impressions of the house that the Cullens live in?

2. This is the first time Bella meets the Cullens ( other than Carlisle ) and gets to for an impression based on her experience alone. In other words, Edward no longer describes them for her, she gets to see them herself. In this chapter, she mostly interacts with Carlisle and Esme, what were your impressions of them.

3. There is a brief mention of Alice having seen the visit of other vampires. What was your reaction to this when you first read it? Did you have any idea that it would turn into the large disaster that takes over until the end of the novel?

4. Edward and Bella describe being nervous about meeting/interacting with each other's families as boyfriend and girlfriend. Who do you think is more nervous Edward or Bella and why?
1. Actually i Loved the house, it was very open and light - the exact oppostie of the typical vampiric house.

2. WEll, i certainly thought that Alice was extremely friendly, Esme was the typical mum-figure and Jasper was considerate enough to make an effort to meet Bella and avoid intimidating her. I thought Rose was extrememly hostile in her behaviou [not meeting bella at all] and Emmett (even though he wasn't there Edward said that he was trying to reason with Rosalie) and i thought that that was great coz i proved that he was supportive enough of Edward that he would try and change Rosalie's view on things.

3. No, i just thought that it was a way of introducing Alice's visions, and maybe seeing them in action.

4. I think it is Bella who is more nervous, first becoz of the warning about Jasper, and becoz of the fact that she is worried about his family's reaction to her as a human (as she has seen with Rosalie).
Dear Jacob, I WIN. Sincerely, Edward.
[i'm.betting.on.ALICE] :D
>>> ADRENALINEE RUSSSHHH <<<
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

I loved it. The image in my head was like the perfect house lol. I want to live in it.

Esme seemed really nice and I love her..Carlisle is very interesting and I like his calm demeaner.

I had NO idea! Lol, I didnt really think anything of it until they showed up.

Bella for sure. She is really shy and unsure. While Edward can read minds and is confident. His only worry is Bella.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ I was like "wow, its beautiful!! i want to live there!!"

~ Esme was a very lovable person who you could easily be friends with. Carlisle is very calm which kinda reassures her.

~I didnt think they would actually show up, but if they did, I knew the Cullens would protect her no matter what.

~ BELLA!! because she is meeting a house full of vamps!! and she's shy as well.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I thought it was perfectly fitting to all of their personalities

I thought Esme was very motherly and Carlisle was very gentle. He seemed like he wouldn't hurt a fly (which we know isn't true but you know what I mean)

No I thought there was going to be some interaction but not as huge as it turned out to be.

Edward because he didn't want her to 'run away screaming' and lose her because he loves her too much.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

First impression: wow. The house seems understatedly beautiful. It isn't showy and very homey. It fits with what we see of the Cullen siblings in earlier chapters. They are always together, clearly showing a close bond. Most siblings, even twins, that I know, tend to at least have their own friends at school, their own lives outside each other, no matter how close they are. The Cullens are clearly a family unit, and their home reflects that.
Carlisle and Esme seem very much in love, bonded to one another. They also seem like exceptional parents, supporting their son in his relationship. They are very open and welcoming.

It didn't surprise me at all. The Cullens can't be the only vampires in the world. I did wonder about the nature of the other vampires, wondering if SM was going to spin a world where vampires were these kind of incredibly misunderstood beings who wanted to be compassionate just live to themselves. I didn't think so. But, no, I didn't see this as the conflict it became.

I can't really say. I think the reasons they were each nervous were very different, though equally concerning.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
elizabethswan19
Settled in Forks

Post by elizabethswan19 »

i have a quesetion from this chapter...maybe someone can explain it to me... i feel kinda silly... but on the second page of this chapter bella asked edward where charlie was and edward responds by saying "he left an hour ago - after reattaching your battery cables, i might add. i have to admit i was dissapointed. is that really all it would take to stop you if you were determined to go?" is he talking about the truck? i dont know much about cars... and where is she going? i just dont get this line...
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I thought that it was a perfect reflection of the Cullens--something private, elegant, from another time. I liked that it was open and homey--it's the one place that they are free to be themselves. I found it interesting that the colors were all pale--it made me wonder if they like light colors because it brings light into their home and they have to spend so much time in the grey of Forks and the dark of night.

I loved Carlisle and Esme. They were very gracious and welcoming to Bella. I think it says a lot about their regard for Edward that Bella is the only human who has been to their home and they are so nice to her. They, especially Esme, are so happy that Edward has found his SOMEONE.

I saw the movie before I read the book, so I already knew its significance.

I think that Bella is probably the more nervous. Edward is nervous that Bella will find something out that will send her screaming into the night, but Bella being shy and somewhat lacking in self-confidence has to meet Edward's family. She's really nervous that they won't like her, and maybe a little bit worried about the vampire's home part--it cracked me up when she still kind of expected coffins! Bella also has to deal with introducing her new boyfriend to her dad when she is sooo not comfortable discussing this kind of thing, or anything very personal, with Charlie. Charlie has already expressed his relief/hope that Bella will probably find someone worthy of her in college. He's in for a big surprise to put it mildy.