A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by Alphie »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by deven »

1.bellas most meaningful confession would be when she explains that she is afriad that she cant stay with him even though she wants to and that she wants to more then she should. Edwards most meaningful confession would be when he explains to bella how powerful her scent is to him.

2.i want to read about the fight he said he had with rosalie emmett and jasper after he saved bella for getting smashed by tyler. he said it was the worse fight ever. i want to read about what they wanted him to do!

3.i think humanity was displayed most when they were declaring themselves. it made them vulnerable...something vampires are obviously not. there was somethng human about it. and the same with when bella was laying her head on his chest and her was holding her.

4.MY FAVORITE PART!!!! edward does this a lot later in the story but the first time he does it is on the last page of the chapter. its when he brushes his lips aong her jaw....omg....its my favorite. i just turn to butter when he does that...its just seems so close and sensual!

confessions is my favorite chapter in the book. i love it!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

Bella's is that she FINALLY admits how strong she feels fro Edward. Edward's confession that he can be himself around her is huge as well.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?

GAH! The whole thing! I'm absolutely dying to read Midnight Sun to know what all the backstory is, and what Edward's thoughts were in all their conversations.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of
Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?

I think Bella's statement that she can't "stay" with him is proof that she's aware of the difficulties of a mortal and immortal person being together in a romantic relationship. And when Edward talks about Bella's death, it's also displayed.

P.S. "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" is the best line. EVER. **Sigh**
4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
janinecullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by janinecullenx3 »

1. Bella's most meaningful confession is that she's surprised Edward wants to be with her. She says multiple time 'I can't think that he's meant for me...' or something like that. Edward's most meaningful confession is when he says he can't live without Bella :]

2. I want to read the fight between the Cullen family the most. About staying or leaving, because I want to see why people sided with the people they did. It surprised me...

3. Being together without Bella getting killed. Also the human emotions that Edward is putting through, shows his human side and how vulernable he is willing to become.

4. Gahhh, this chapter was so romantic it was disgusting ! I LOVED IT. But my favorite part would have to be...when Edward first kisses Bella. Eventhough she acts like a maniac, it's cute. Also when Edward just holds her. Every girl needs a guy like that :]
Team Jedward: why choose between two goods?
gordonfan08
Wandering Through Town

Post by gordonfan08 »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? I think Bella's self doubt is her most meaningful confession. She simply can't get over the fact that he wants to be with her. Edward's most meaningful confession is that he has to fight the overwhelming urge to kill Bella just to be with her.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? Since I have already read the first chapter and thus when they officially meet in Biology class for the first time, I am curious to read about his thoughts when he saves her from the truck and afterwards at the hospital.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? They are sharing some of their most darkest secrets with each other and thus brining out a vulnerability that is not just human.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? Simply when he touches her and holds her close.
TwiguyEC
Settled in Forks

Post by TwiguyEC »

Bella's is her explanation of how much she wants to stay with him, forever, even though she can't.
Edward's is how he explains how potent her scent is to him and how he has to fight it to be with her because he can't live with out her.
When he first meets Bella and his reaction to the scent, I know you can already read this in the preview I have read it, but at the time I didn't know about it, and also when he has the biggest fight he has ever had with his brothers Jasper and Emmett and sister Rosalie with Alice and Carlisle on his side and Esme as a neutral.
3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
In the fact that Bella can't stay with Edward because she is human and Edward admits that he can't live without her shows his vulnerability.
When they just sit with Bella's head on her chest and Edward's arm around her shoulders. It shows how they are getting closer and closer and are now able to at least have physical contact. Then also the first kiss was a huge deal for Edward and Bella to be able to accomplish.
The smell of her blood saturated every particle of air in the tiny, hot room. My throat burst into flames.
-Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Edward's describing how powerful Bella's smell is to him compared to everyone else

Hunting trips with Emmett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edward says so many human emotions are coming back to him the more he is with Bella

When Edward kissed Bella and then she "attacked" him hahaha
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I think Edward's admitting how painful it was to be around Bella was quite revealing. We learn how tortured and conflicted he has been all along.

For Bella, I would have to say, that her voicing that she would rather die than stay away from Edward is quite a testimony to the love she must feel.

I would really like to live the experience of meeting Bella through Edwards eyes, and the journey to Alaska. I would also like to see what it's like for him to hunt. I think from Edward's POV we will get further insight into the Cullen family. I'm interested to see how they all act and react without Bella present.

The idea of being selfish in their love is very human. Edward is selfish to risk Bella's life. Bella is selfish to knowingly risk her own life at the potential expense of her friends and family. They put all rationality on the line to be together anyways.

The kiss. Definately the kiss.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

Bella telling him that she isn't afraid of him, she is afraid of being with out him. The way that she trys to describe how she wants to stay with him.
Edwards when he tells her that he couldn't live with himself if he hurt her. When he tells her" You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever." Oh my knees go weak!!!!

When Bella gets to close in the meadow and he jumps up and runs to the edge of the meadow. When he is running around telling her that "I'm the world's best predator, aren't I?, and when he tells her " As if you could fight me off". I want to know that he was thinking about at these moments.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? when they both want to comfort the other. when she can see the pain that her scent caused Edward and when he thinks that he has scared her. They have a need to comfort the other when they think the other is hurting.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? When they are sitting and she put her head against his chest and he puts his head in her hair. I can just picture this and I am like wow!!!!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

Edward's confession "You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing ever."
Bella's confession is non verbal... it's all of her added up that she is "confessing" that it does not matter to her what Edward is and she has no fear of him.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?EVERYTHING!!!!

They both have human feelings of love and passion :)

Without a doubt the kiss! I love when Bella ran her finger along Edwards arm also.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!