Chapter 13 - Confessions

A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by sarah! »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
~edward can be alone with her, and Bella wants to be there.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
~ everything. STEPHENIE, FINISH MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
~ their love!

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
when he listens to her heart. awwww......!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
For Edward, how badly he craves her blood, but how much more he loves her. For Bella, that she loves him back, rather than fears him.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
Being in Edward's head will just be so intriguing. I think reading his thoughts as he confesses these things to her will be great. I don't think Bella is the most adept at understanding what Edward is thinking. The whole lot of it will just be fascinating.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
Especially for Edward, through their vulnerability with one another. Edward is used to being unbreakable. But, you just know that, at that moment, Bella could destroy him with just a few words. And, the same goes for Bella. She holds her feelings close, guards herself. When she lays that open to him, it is just so wonderful.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
When Edward places his cheek against Bella's chest, listening to her heart, and then places her hands on his face to feel how she warmed is normally icy skin. There's just something so amazingly meaningful in that gesture, something so trusting and open and loving. It takes my breath every time.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Bella: Admitting just how much she wants to be with Edward even if she's putting herself in danger--the danger doesn't matter--"that (she'd) rather die than stay away from (him)."
Edward: Explaning just how difficult it is for him to resist her blood, the process he's gone through, and how he's determined to resist because he can't bear the thought of hurting her or killing her because she's "the most important thing to (him) now. The most important thing to (him) ever."

I've actually read MS on SM's site, but what I really wanted to know was what he was thinking when Bella comes into the biology class, where he was when he left and why he came back, what he was thinking when he watched Bella, and the whole of chapter 13. Like many others, I hope that SM will finish MS.

I think it's when they show each other their vulneralbility when they declare themselves. They're both anxious about how the other will react--accept or reject--and they both feel somewhat unworthly of the other's love. It's also when they begin to explore each other and their newly declared feeling--the gentle touching, being careful not to cross any lines, but anxious to be close to each other.

The whole chapter is very romantic, and one of my favorites. I think the most romantic moments were the lion and lamb part, when Edward takes Bella's face in his hands and then proceeds on to listen to her heart, and of course, the kiss. It was too hard to pick just one!
runningali
Settled in Forks

Post by runningali »

Easily that she wants to stay with him, even though she knows that she can't. I am guessing she means the fact that she is immortal, and she is mortal...and the obvious challenges that implies.

Midnight Sun is the *BEST* one of all. I am so hopeful that Stephenie finishes this book, it makes me kind of sick to think that she won't because of one persons (admittedly unforgivable) actions.

I especially want to read the part where they are in the meadow, and what he is feeling when he says to her "I wish you could understand the complexity, the confusion that I feel" (or something to that effect.)

I also want to know more about the nights, when he comes to her room and especially when she asks how his night was and he chuckles and says "pleasant" - you just know he was with her, and I wonder what he heard.

Really, I can hardly wait for the entire book. PLEASE FINISH IT!!!

Edward shows some suprisingly human characteristics...holding her, touching her, his attraction to her as a woman (as opposed to her blood) is very human. When they are in the meadow, holding eachother, it felt very human.

The declarations of love for each other! When he tells her she is his world now...heaven. I also loved when he kissed her, so tentatively and then she just explodes...it was very cute.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

When he tells about how he almost kills her, and how strong her blood is to him, shocking... Bella, how she has always been loving him and can't stay away from him.

The entire thing.. but mostly, their kiss.

Do not remember lol :).

When they are sitting in eachothers arms.. aww. I loved it.
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

Bella- That she is terrified of losing him. She would rather not be alive than to live w/o him now...she's too far in :D
Edward-When he tells her how he almost killed her and at the same time that he loves her.

I have read the partial Midnight Sun on SM's website. I really enjoyed it as much as twilight. Edward is still mysterious to me even w/ all that background info. It was so great to finally understand a little of what he was going through. Sometimes in Bella's head it wasn't alway clear. She really created some awesome characters in this series!! Major props to SM :D

Well, Edward states he is not sure if he knows how to act human in the romance area and b/f area, but he proves us all wrong. He is even better at it than he gives himself credit for. Also, Bella puts her life on the line for love!!! I beleive that says enough!!

Wow, the whole chapter. Hard to pick a certain part. I'd say the 'awkward' (if you can say that?) first kiss. Edward really shocked me being the first to start this. Also, just he little way that they touch each other...they are so careful. Not only are the fighting temptation the human way, but they are fighting it for Edward too.

****One thing that caught my eye the second time I read Twilight was....In the movie when Bella first rides on Edward's back as he is traveling the forest is the whole spider monkey thing...I CANNOT beleive they put that in the movie. Why didn't they stick w/ the real words..."come on, little coward, climb on my back." Why must they change things around....Ugh..
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

I really think Bella's greatest confession is that she would rather die than be without Edward. Edward's biggest confession is definetly how he initially wanted to kill Bella more than anything, but now he couldn't live with himself if anything ever happened to her.

I would want to know what he was thinking while he was watching her sleep. I would also want to know about the intense argument he had with his family, and why Alice (of his siblings anyway) is the only one that is most open to Bella.

I think her humanity and the resurfacing of his humanity are best displayed in the way they were so vulnerable with eachother, but physically and emotionally.

I love when right after their confessions Edward listens to Bella's heart beat. It's cute in a vampire way lol.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Bella: How much she wants to be with him. Edward:How much her blood calls to him.

Don't know.

Not sure. I think it could be that they both want to be together but he knows that he isn't human and she is and that is a huge risk to her. But his human instincts are surfacing so that could change the way Bella saw his humanity. See I don't know lol

When Bella tell him that is is enough when she lays her ear to his chest because he says he doesn't know how to be close to her. Or something like that.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

For Edward, just how much he craved her at first scent and how torturous that first day was for him. For Bella, her desire for him.

Everything. Every -- thing.

The hike from her truck to the meadow through the forest.

Probably laying in the grass together in the meadow, tracing each other's bodies.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
edward lover
Settled in Forks

Post by edward lover »

The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

1. edward's - that he wanted 2 kill Bella
Bella- she knows she can die if she was with edward, but she doesnt care.

2.he going 2 bella's house at night, and wen Bella's gone 2 james..... how he reaches..

3. wen Edward feels her heartbeat..... n hugs her back wen she puts her arms around him.

4. agen, wen he feels her heartbeat, n ''touches'' her for the first time, and of course, the kiss.!!