A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 13 - Confessions

Post by Tonya »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part? For Bella I guess it would be that she would rather die than be away from him. For Edward it would be telling her that his love for her was stronger than his desire to drink her blood after she knew that her blood was extra yummy smelling to him.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? ALL of them I can't wait to get inside Edwards head. I've been fighting the urge to read the portion of it Stephenie put on her website. I want to be able to read it all in the form Stephenie intended for us to read. I wish she would do all the books from his perspective!!!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? Edwards desire to keep her alive (his conscience) and Bella's compassion for him. I think that even if Bella had not appealed to him as a partner he would still not kill her. Bella puts everyone else above herself especially him so it hurts her when she thinks he is uncomfortable.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? When Edward puts his head to her chest and listens to her heart beat. And of course the kiss was pretty hot!
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?Bella's is that she can not live with out him. Edwards is hard to say because there are so many important things that we learn in this chapter about him. I guess I would say how he felt when he first saw Bella and why he reacted the way he did.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? I would say the van almost killing Bella. It was nice to know what he was thinking.... I already read it.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter? Their love for each other. There is nothing more human than love.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? There are a lot of them, When he lets Bella touch his arm and trace her finger around it. After he explains everything he went through not to kill her and then says, that she is the most important thing to him now and ever. The whole page leading up to and when he rested his face and was listening to her heart beat and then says it wont be so hard next time. Okay so the whole chapter is just ....*takes a deep breath*...exhilarating :oops:
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?
this is one of my favorite chapters so i love all. of. it!! not one sentance is worth more than the rest!

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?
im just want midnight sun. now, i could go on and on on my opinian on the situtaion... but i wont.

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?
the fact that they both confess their love to each other!

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?
*sigh*.....*sigh*...once again... all of it!
Betting on Alice.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?

I think this is one of the best chapters in the whole book. I think Bella's most meaningful confession is just telling Edward how much he means to her, that she wants to be with him no matter what he is. For Edward I think it was confessing what he was feeling when they first met in biology, and how he wanted to kill her there and then. When he tells her what he was going to do (make her follow him out the class etc) in order for him to kill her, that must have took a lot of guts to admit!

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?

The meadow scence definately. When she first touches him, when he touches her, when they kiss....I think I may pass out when reading this from Edwards point-of-view!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?

When they first begin to have contact with one another. Especially when Edward places his head on Bella's chest and listens to her heart, and when Bella does the same to him, and he holds her. And when they admit they want each other, forever.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?

Wow, the whole chapter is one which makes me feel...just wow. When they hold each other, when Bella runs her hands over Edwards face, when Edward says "be very still" and Bella says "don't move". Those are the moments that I have to remember to breathe and my heart is beating all wrong. And the kiss. Definately the kiss. No words to desribe that!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
Cullen4eva
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen4eva »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part?I think the most meaningful confession on bellas part is that she doesnt care edwards a vampire and that she still wants to be with him. i think edwards most meaningful confession is that hes never felt more human. Weird i know but thats just me.

2. Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading?The fight between the Cullen Family!

3. The subject of humanity and what it means to be truly human constantly comes up. How is the humanity of Bella and Edward best displayed in this chapter?When they both become less frightened and start touching each other. and admitting that they both want each other and will love each other forever.

4. This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you?Everything. When they talk and when they touch each other :) it was beautifully written.
alicecullenrocks
Settled in Forks

Post by alicecullenrocks »

1. The chapter is entitled "confessions". What do you think the most meaningful confession on Bella's part, and what is the most meaningful confession on Edward's part

most meaning full confession to me is when edward tells bella she is his life, they are in the very early stages of their relationship but already he knows shes his everything and telling her is very brave, she realises its a big step and confesses her need for him, its so lovely

i have read middnight sun and i have to say its my fav so far, pleeeese finish it Steph..pretty please, i sooo wonna know what Edward is thinking in the Meadow chapter while hes laying his heart open.

their emotional vunerability is the most himan thing.

the most romantic thing is edwards patience and thoughtfulness towards bella, constantly checking himself, the way he gently lifts her by the elbow when she cant climb over things but lets go in case his coldness scares her, and later when they hold one another, close but not in the conventional ways a man and woman are together!
very innocent and sweet, super sweet, on our first date i rested my head on my husbands chest and listened to his heart beating, he kissed my hair, he said he knew in that moment he loved me....so this whole chapter brings back wonderful memories for me :D
Marie23
Settled in Forks

Post by Marie23 »

. . Edward tells Bella everything that he has been doing "off page" up until now. Most of these moments will be shown in "Midnight Sun." Which moment are you most looking forward to reading? I am looking forward to Anything that Edward thinks...

This is the chapter where we really see a romance blooming between Edward and Bella. What was the most romantic moment for you? When Edward kisses Bells for the first time. ;)
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I don't have my book with me now so I can't really reference. But on Edward's part I'd say that when he confesses that Bella's scent is so powerful to him, that he wants to kill her as much as he wants to be with her. Something like that. On Bella... well she doesn't talk much in this part does she? I don't know!

When he's in Bella's room, and hears her say his name. That's when everything changed to Edward.

With both being in love with each other, and when Edward starts to say that he has another hungers, things totally new to him.

Well, the kiss for sure. But also before that, when Edward puts his head on Bella's chest to listen to her heart. I was melting.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

The most meaningful confession on Bella's part for me was when she told him she was afraid because she wanted to be with him so much. To be so open and willing to get yourself hurt.. I just loved it.
Most meaningful confession on Edward's part, to me, was when he said "At the time, all I could think was, 'Not her.'". It was when he was explaining why he saved her life and how he made up a stupid excuse but realized the truth. My second favorite confession for Edward though would have to be when he said "I'm stronger than I thought", after he kissed her.. Admitting he halfway thought he might have killed her when he kissed her..

THE WHOLE THING.. lol I'm so obsessed with Edward!

After they get back from the meadow, and they are sitting there touching each other.. Listening to her heartbeat.. tracing his face..

Same as question 3.. When they're touching.. just feeling each other.
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

For Bella: “I’m here… which, roughly translated, means I would rather die than stay away from you.” P. 274.

For Edward: “Yes, you are exactly my brand of heroin.”p. 268.

The transition between the attraction for her blood and his love for her.

The vulnerability of them: Bella know he can kill her anytime, but she sill want to be with him. His vulnerability when he admitted didn’t know how to be with her… But still wanting it.

When he hold her in his arm… She’s able get through her fear; he’s able to get thought his vampire instinct.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157