Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by TillyWhitlock »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?
I think that Jake is so much more accepting of Bella. He doesn’t care about Edward Cullen. All he cares about is the Volvo. Billy is concerned for Bella and Charlie. He knows and believes what the Cullens are, and he is worried about what would happen if for some reason, one of the Cullens lost control.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Yes, I saw this in the book, but once she makes up her mind, she commits. The hardest part about making a decision is sticking to it. They also can sit there and not feel the need to have a conversation. They are very quiet and gentle people.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
I think it comes from the questions he asked before. He wanted to know about books and music to get into her personality. Now that he knew about her personality, he wanted to know how these things showed in her relationships with friends, family, and significant others if there had been some of them.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
He knows that Bella has the ability to get into some sort of trouble. He wants to remind her to not intentionally put herself in danger. The last thing he needs is to find out she did something and have to come rushing home. I mean seriously, how do you think he would react if Carlisle called him saying “yea, Bella’s in the hospital because she tripped over a root in the woods by the house.” He’d freak.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Rexin
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rexin »

*brain blank* Duurr, omg I don't remember what I thought! >w<
probably too many things at once!

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They are both introverts. Funny this was asked, because I accidentaly answered this question on an chapter I did just before this one XD.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
He was probably trying not to be so pushy. Asking her about her personal life on the first round would have come off wrong, and its impolite =P. He needed a little bit of trust to build up between them.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
At the time I thought he was worried about other vampires or the werewolves. Once again senseing danger all around -_-; I did that a lot in this book.
My mind has changed
My body's framed,
But God I like it
My heart's aflame
My heart is strained
But God I like it
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella? Jacob likes her. He's a little disappointed that's she's dating but I don;t think he cares that it is Edward. Billy is scared to death for her. He doesn't realize she knows what she's getting into at this point

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? Don't like to share there feelings but love very deeply. Loyal and very protective of the people they love. Likes to be quite doesn't need constant chatter, doesn't mind being alone.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? He wanted to know about her first

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". Because he's genuinely scared a black hole is going to come swallow her up. I think he knows at this point that he couldn't live without her.
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?I think that Jacob really likes Bella. As for Billy, I think he is just worried about her hanging out with Edward.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? They both are uncomfortable sharing their feelings, they truly care about their loved ones, and like to be alone.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?He wanted to know the easier questions first. They might have helped him understand the deeper ones later. And I think he wanted to know as much about her as possible, the other questions would have told him about other people.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". He will be away not watching her, and if something happened while he was away, I don't think he would forgive himself. BTW this is one of my favorite parts of this book, the simple note, "Be Safe" It just says so much with so little.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

)1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?
jacob: he seemed really out going to me. kinda liked he wanted to be friends with bella. that was fine by me too! i like jacob...
billy: suspicous and
n-o-s-e-y!!

they both dont say a lot unless asked... i dont know, they just seem like the perfect daughter and dad!

maybe he wanted to start out with something easy and ease into the other ones about relationships.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
if i remember right..(because i've only read the book twice. new moon and eclipse and a different story though :lol:) this is after he tells he to stay out of the woods, so maybe a reminder of her promise.
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Billy's feelings towards her are like a niece or something like it. Jacob obviously has a crush on her.

The being alone thing. Being quiet, and a little shy.

Because he first wanted to know things about her, her likes, dislikes, etc. Easier questions.

Because he was anxious about not being close to her. And we all know Bella is a magnet for trouble, so I understand his nervousness.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I think they do care a lot for Bella. Jacob in more of a i really really like you way, and Billy in a protective/family friend way.

They are similar because they both are happy with silence.. not feeling a need to say everything. They also can handle being by themselves.. they're not very big people persons. I also think they both are people who once they make their minds up, that's what they stick to.

I think the first day he wanted to know all the basic, simple questions about her. Make it easier for her to open up right away.

Because he really wants her to BE SAFE! lol He's always worried about her getting hurt, so when he's away he's afaid something might happen to her. by the way I think this was sooooooooo sweet.

What.. no questions about the hike or entering the forest? lol
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I think Jacob is already in love here. And Billy is worried, because he knows the Cullens are vampires.

Being awkward, feeling a bit 'off' in the world.

First he wanted to get to know her thoughts, now he wants to know about her past.

Because he won't be there to take care of her and he knows she could get into danger.
AyaDiefair

Post by AyaDiefair »

Jacob really likes her and Billy is concerned for her because she has started to hang out with the Vampys.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They both know how to take care of themselves when alone. They both seem pretty well reserved and think of others over themselves first. They are comfortable without the need for a conversation.

To get all the easy to answer questions out of the way and make her more comfortable with answering them. If he started these questions off right off the bat, Bella would've been less responsive with them because they were still in the 'getting to know each other better' stage and everything was still needing to sink in.

The fact that she is a danger magnet makes the note all more hilarious to me. I'm sure Edward figured that since he won't be around to stop a van from crushing her, maybe making her more aware and cautious of what she does while he is gone will help them both in the end.
I was pale before Twilight made it look cool.
~Aya Diefair~
Idril
Settled in Forks

Post by Idril »

Billy is totally concerned for her 'choices in friends' being the vampires/Cullen's. Jacob I think fell 'in love at first site' with her, or what he thought was love at first site.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind begin alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They are quiet, confident in themselves and like being alone as it affords them time to think & contemplate things.

To help Bella feel more at ease with him and maybe because he didn't want to know these first as the other questions might have meant more to him than these. After all, he's over 100, maybe he could tell she was inexperienced with boys and even devoted to family by her previous actions.

To make her more aware of her vulnerability and his not being close by.
Lady Idril