A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by edward x lover »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?
Billy is scared because of her involvement with the Cullens and he doesn't know that she knows. Jacob is jealous because he likes her alot.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Their eyes. Their both stubborn and hot tempered. They both stick to their decisions.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
Because they are more personal. The more he learned about her the more he wanted to know.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
1)He hates it when she is hurt. 2) He wants her to make a safe decision by telling someone about their plans.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

Billy's feelings are of concern whereas Jacob's feelings are more out of care and a boyhood crush.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They both know what they want to say, don't hesitate to speak what's really on their minds. They both play the role of the selfless caretakers...

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
I think it was a natural progression...start small and work the way up...

It's his way of letting her know that he cares and wants her to take care of herself.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Jacob obviously is crushing on Bella! But Billy must have some kind of paternal feeling towards her since he has known her forever but he is also suspicous and worried because he saw Edward.

Im not sure.. She uses it as an excuse to stay alone and be with Edward. As for the second part, she knows that he fell for his mom in highschool and she falls for Edward.

He is asking more personal questions today and also because he knows today is an important day, they are sustaining their relationship.

Umm.. so she would "be safe"..
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ Billy thinks she's like family, Jacob likes her.

~shy, alone, cant dance.

~to learn more about her.

~he truely cares that she is safe. *awwww...*
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Jacob's definitely interested in Bella. Having known her when she was younger, I think he sees past all her awkwardness and is intrigued by the fact that she chose to come back to Forks. Billy is excited that his best friend is happy again, and sees Bella as the root of that.

Bella and Charlie are both very quiet, and keep their feelings to themselves. I think it is Charlie's influence we see in how Bella is a caretaker and doesn't like to show weakness. I definitely see Charlie as the one taking care of Renee. Also, Charlie is a very responsible man. We know that Bella didn't spend much time with her father. But, since the time they did spend together was truly as parent and child, that is why Bella is so like Charlie, rather than like Renee, the parent with whom she spent the most time.

I think he needed to work up to them. Hobbies, things are a safer topic. Less risk of an emotional reaction. Once he got a sense of her head, the way she thinks and considers things, he was better able to analyze her thoughts about the people and relationships in her life.

Edward cares a lot for Bella. He has to recognize how much of a danger even the relatively safe world of Forks poses to the poor girl. She's a catastrophe magnet. Above all else, he wants to protect her, has from their first glance.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

Billy has known Bella for most of her life--she's his best friend's daughter--and so he most likely feels like an uncle. I think that he's concerned because of her involvement with Edward--he knows about the Cullens and he thinks Bella doesnt' know what she's heading for. Jacob has a serious crush on Bella, but I don't think that he's really in love with her yet.

Physically, Bella has the Charlie hair and eyes, and is not a good dancer. Bella and Charlie are both comfortable being loners, neither likes the spotlight, and both are comfortable being together in companionable silence. I think that both are serious types and very responsible.

I think that the first set of questions gave him insight into her character and gave him a better idea of how she responds to things/thinks. He established a certain level of comfort with her about answering questions. This new set of questions are more personal and give him a better idea of, perhaps, why she thinks the way she does--how she "evolved".

Well, Bella is BELLA, and a constant accident waiting to happen. He doesn't want her to get hurt in any way. However, I think that he is trying once again to warn her to protect herself against him, maybe to make sure that she tells someone that she'll be with him and not trust in him as much as she does.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?

1) I think Billy is worried about Bella's safety and Jacob really, really likes her.

2) Both are introverts - private and not much of talkers. Both care deeply but have a difficult time showing or expressing their feelings.

3) Probably not wanting to get too personal so quickly and now that she is more open about herself, he feels he can ask.

4) Because he knows her penchant for getting into danger or getting hurt. And most importantly he does not want anything to happen to her.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by scarlet_forever »

I thought as soon as I heard Jacob's first words, he had a crush on her. Billy is over protective of Bella and a little annoying.

They both are quiet ppl in general. They probably tend to go by themselves not really fitting in. It doesn't take alot to content them. They don't have to "chatter" the whole time when they are together.

He needed general stuff the first day. Like fav. color, flowers, etc. I guess he kind of wanted to 'warm' up to her. So this way he didn't completely freak her out or something.

Edward is so straight-forward once everything is out in the open. He absolutely cares for her. I know he had a hard time leaving even here. Also, at lunch he said he wasn't going very far, he did that just in case Alice saw something I bet.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sazykid »

Billy seems to consider Bella as part of his extended family. He worries about her, like she is one of his own, and he wants to protect her. Jacob obviously has a huge crush on Bella.

They are both uncomfortable talking about their feelings, and although they love eachother, they don't talk about it. They have also both been independant for a long time, so they are both comfortable with being on their own.

These are much more personal questions. He is still trying to figure Bella out and starting with easy questions takes the pressure off both of them. Now that they are more comfortable around eachother, it's easier to ask and answer deeper questions.

Edward really does want Bella to be safe while he is not with her, he worries about her. But, honestly, she needs to be reminded frequently lol.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

Well we all know Jacobs. He likes her. Billy is concerned and cares about her and Charlie.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They like the quiet or rather is Okay by it. They both seem awkward at times and they are both kind of stubborn. They both are also uncomfortable showing their feelings. I am sure there is more but it is almost 3 in the morning and I can't think.

Maybe he had his questions categorized. He seems to go in order until she blushes as Bella states.

Because he wants her to and because she tends to have things happen but I thought it was sweet.