A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Chapter 12 - Balancing

Post by darkrider »

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
alot, fo example they don't need to talk to make a situation more comfortable

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?
maybe to make it not seem as obvious that he liked her A LOT

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".
AWWWWWW! I LOVED IT! i thought that it was sooo adorable!
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?

Billy worries for Bella. He puts more into the legends than most--which is a good thing, considering... All Billy wants is for her to remain happy and human (considering he's Charlie's friend), not to mention wanting the treaty to stay in tact.

Jacob's smitten. :P

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

Their personalities are somewhat similar. She and Charlie both like being alone, and they're not very outgoing. They don't like parties, and have a hard time expressing their feelings. It makes them uncomfortable.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

I have no clue...

Bella's not exactly safe. *laugh* She gets into trouble--physical trouble--too often for Edward's liking. She should be tied to a chair and kept hostage by him for her own good. It would definitely help a lot of things, but then there'd be no Twilight saga, would there?
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella? Jacob's feelings are of friendship. Billy's feelings I think are of concern; I think he can't say anything out-right about the Cullens to her, but deep-down he knows that if she is going to be stubborn about it, then she already knows the Cullens' secret.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike? They are alike in the fact that they don't have to be all up in each other's business every second of the day. They enjoy being around each other, but like their alone time, too.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning? I think he wanted to know the simple things first. Human relationships are more complex than "what's your favorite color, favorite books, childhood pets." How she handles human relationships tells Edward who she is as a person emotionally.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". I'm thinking that maybe he wanted Bella to do the safe thing and tell Charlie what her plans were for Saturday. Also, after reading the entire book, we know that he has been watching her at night, and this is a night that Edward wouldn't be there, so he reminded her with the note... drive safely, take care of yourself at home.
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

1. What are Billy and Jacob's feelings towards Bella?Jacob is lovey and Billy is worried

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?They are both shy and smart.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?So he didn't sound eager?

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe". He cares about here and knows shes a danger magnet
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

Billy is worried and just wants Bella to be safe. And Jacob has feelings for her :lol:

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
They are both shy, and they don't have to be with eachother everyday. They both like there alone time.

So that he didn't sound to pushy or eager to find out about past relationships and such.

Because he knows that she is a dangermagnet, and he cares for her ALOT!
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. They seem to respect Charlie a lot, and now Bella.

2. Charlie has been supporting himself for years alone, and Bella has been in simillar situations, taking car eof herself. So they are alike.

3. I just thought he couldn't fit it into the first day.

4. Well, Bella does seem to get into trouble, or danger, quite often, and Edward wants her to be safe.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

They love her like family. Although Jacob would like something more.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

Stubborn

Because he wanted to know about her on the first day. Not other people.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

Because he wants her to be careful. He loves her.
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Yea, they've known bella since childhood, so they're like family. maybe not quite for jacob.

Yes in so many litlle ways.

Maybe, to get to know a bit better before gtting really intimate, also slowly easing into things.

Yes, who else would worry so.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

Jacob just loves Bella's company! its so cute! haha. Bella is like family to Bella and he is aware that she is getting invovled with things he thinks she shouldnt.

they both dont need a lot of talk. they both try to not show too much emotions, or rather they keep them to themselves most of the time.

maybe to get her thinking about everything...to get her warmed up for the more challenging questions. and also i think to get himself ready. he might not like what her answers were here.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

because he knows that she is a danger magnet! haha and that he would not be there like two seconds away to help her. i thought this was so frickin adorable!!!

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

It's obvious that Jacob likes Bella. He's very friendly and easy-going around her though. He doesn't feel awkward around her, even after seeing her with Edward.
I think Billy is deeply concerned for Bella and Charlie. He knows what Edward is and, at this point, doesn't know how much Bella knows. He's afraid for her and not sure what Edward's intentions are.

Both Charlie and Bella are quiet and do not often express their emotions. They appreciate the value in comfortable silence. They are quite content to be alone sometimes.

His first questions were more general and easier to answer. There usually isn't a lot of emotion or thought behind your favorite color or flower. We saw in some instances that these simpler questions did trigger a blush from Bella but, for the most part, they were "safe" questions that didn't delve too deep. Questions about people we care about are much more personal. They bring out deeper emotions. Edward had organized his questions so that he was gradually digging deeper and deeper.

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe"?
He worries about Bella's safety a lot. He truly cares for her.
Last edited by Destani on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/