A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by golden x sunshine »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
-their attaction/connnection to each other.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
-the type of books a person reads can tell a lot about their personality and intrests, so he was probably just trying to get to know her better and see what type of things intrest bella.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
-i think like classics from authors like jane austen, shakespeare, hawthorne, emily bronte, charles dickens... ect.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.
-it was sad and amazing at the same time. definetly one of the best parts of the book, hearing edward descibe what twilight means to him.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

Its the invisible connection the two share that they don't really even know about but can feel.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

Because if he knows what kind of books she reads and enjoys, he can more easily figure her out.

I think classics and older books.

It was sad, but very true. It was really pretty and deep. Something only Edward would say.
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

I have no idea, my only idea is that they really are connected in a way that means that they were destined to be together and to be each others "other half."

Books are a timeless thing and he is able to connect with her on that since the books she likes mirror the ones that he likes.

Jane Austen, Shakespeare, Charlotte Bronte, Emily Bronte, etc.

I loved this description of twilight and it seemed to help me understand the title of the book more.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?Chemistry!!!

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?Because he could find out more about what she wishes her life was like.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?Classics and romances

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.It made sense!
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

I thought it was just their chemistry. And Stephenie said it was physical chemistry, so I guess I was right! hehe :D

Books are her favorite things, besides Edward. Plus, he has been around long enough to read enough of them, so I think he is trying to find more connections for them. Plus, I think he just wants to her her talk, and books make her talk.

Classics. She is a classics kind of girl. :D

It was kind of happy and sad. I mean, I really empathized with Edward.
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

Attraction for sure. The fact that their physical contact is limited makes the tension between them even stronger I think. Like there is always the chance that they might touch by accident or something.

He likes reading, he knows Bella likes reading and wants to know if they have some books in common? He just wants to know everything about her.

Classics. We at least know of Jane Austen, Emily Bronte and Sheakspeare (sp?) :oops:

It was a little sad the way it was mentioned. The end of an endless day
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

It is the connection between them. More so than just a physical chemistry (though that is certainly a part of it), Bella & Edward are truly the other half of each other. I kind of describe it as the soul mending itself back together.
Edward has spent the last 90 years in a house with three perfectly-matched couples who don't sleep. He has been odd man out for so long, he learned to enjoy his solitude, I think, by escaping it a little. He used books as his escape. It would kind of be similar to talking to her about music, or like my husband would talk to me about running and cross-country. You seek the familiar, even among the utterly fantastic.
Classics. Shakespeare. Austen. Dickens. Bronte. Tolstoy, maybe.
I was too distracted by Edward's continued attempts to convince Bella that he is no good for her. His words were poetic, but really sad.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

It was the undeniable attraction and electricity between the two of them.

It's their common ground. They both have a fine appreciation for complex--and tragic--literature.

The classics.

It created a somber moment in the book. You realize more about the battle that Edward faces each and every day as his days are endless and unnumbered.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

They're chemistry lol.

Because he wants to know who she can relate to I guess. I dont know.. I read something in Midnight Sun but I dont want to say it because people might not want to know.

Her classics.. Austen.. Bronte.. those ones!

It doesn't make since to me.. and it still doesnt!
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ the "lllllllloooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee current!!" hahaha

~ because he loves to read too.

~ romances and classics.

~ I WAS LIKE THATS TE TITLE OF THE BOOK!! lol i reacted a little strangely. :D
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!