A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
Chemistry between them.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
Because he's fascinated that she reads all the old books, probably; I can't imagine Jess or Lauren or many of those other girls reading, and it's something else that makes Bella different. Books are also something she's passionate about, so it's another window into Bella for Edward, seeing as he can't read her thoughts.

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?
The books she prefers; Jane Austen books, mainly.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.
Sad! I felt sorrow for Edward for the first real time, and understanding. It must suck to go through day in day out of the same thing, surrounded by couples without anyone yourself, just existing, fighting a constant battle against your own bloodlust, feeling like a monster, with no end in sight.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
i think its just her hormones

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?
i think because he is "old" so he would have been reading way before he started to watch tv but i also think because knowing what books she read he can get a better picture of bella and her personality

the old tradionally love stories

first i was like WHAT since im a massive buffy/angel fan so i got all my vampire knowledge from there but know i think its a good versions of vampires
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I figured it was just to show how aware they are of each other, like some kind of magnetic pull between them: LOVE!!
He's read a lot of stuff I'm sure, he wants to get to know her and everything about her, and they can talk about stuff they have read, he can tell a lot about her from what she reads.
Classics, from the other books, she reads Shakespeare and Wuthering Heights, Jane Austen, etc. Romances too..
Well, the book was called 'Twilight' so it makes sense that something about twilight would be included somewhere.
It just seemed to make sense..I never really thought about it.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

A strong emotional and physical attraction to eachother. They were both so highly aware of the other one. I think they really wanted to touch, but didn't quite dare to.

He probably reads a lot of books himself. Edward has a lot of time on his hands, so he is well read. And what kind of books a person reads can say a lot about them.

Something classic..Jane Austen, Shakespeare

It was kind of a sad story. It's like they have this never ending day. And the safest time for them is also the most lonely. I think that especially when you don't have someone special in your life, it must be very lonely. So Edward has probably been lonely for a while before Bella came into his life.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

Attraction, pure and simple. The physical attraction they both have for each other, as well as the underlying mental (for lack of a better word) attraction they have for each other.

The books she reads & re-reads say alot about her (the way they do about everyone). Plus it's something they have in common.

Well, the classics of course -- Austen, etc. But I also like to think she has a taste for more modern "classics" as well -- Love in the Time of Cholera, etc... Harry Potter, haha.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires?

The first time through I thought "Ohh... that's what the title is about." The next couple times I was more interested in the symbolism.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

Attraction. There is no two ways about it.

Books tell you so much about a person’s personality. It helps you understand the person they are.

Austen, maybe Shakespeare.

I was in awe… I thought the way he described it was very romantic. But in the same way he didn’t like it in the same respects.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

I thinks there is more significance to this than just there attraction to one another. Something Kept drawing Edward back to Bella even though he tried to stay away. In CH 2 it says there was an electric current that went through Bella when they touched for the first time. Before they were ever attracted to one another. What if this was them being "BONDED"? Like Jacob is with Renessme but different because Edwards a Vampire. When I read it the first time I would have said it was just physical attraction here in CH 11 then when I reread it and caught that in ch2 it made me rethink the electric current that passed through her veins when ever she was near him.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books? I didn't put much thought to this

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions? Again not much thought. The Classics obviously she mentions them herself a couple of times throughout the book.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires. Can understand it in a way but didn't see how it mattered much to the Cullens. I even had the thought at the time I first read what he said about twilight that this may have been edited in at the end of the editing process to make Twilight as the title make more since. Since the book was originally to be called Forks.
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

their attraction they are so overall attracted to each other incredibly strong emotional and more physical in the dark

since he is so "old" he has probably read many tons and tons of books and spendt a majority of his time reading

old classics austen, shakspere, poe

it seemed kind of weird i guess i dont get why it is their safest time of day i know he explains it but i still dont get it. but its nice to know they can be safe sometimes
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is? Attraction, physical and emotional attraction, I don't think that it helps that they are denying it either, I think it just makes it worse (in a good way).

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books? Books can tell you a lot about a person

Jane Austen and classics

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.First I thought of the title, but I'm sure there is more to it than that, I will admit I am a little confused by that part.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

the presense of each other is so strong and full of affection that it causes that reaction.

im not sure. i doesnt say that edward likes books or anything. maybe he's trying to see more of where she's coming from...*shrugs* its a mystery to me. :roll: :?:

JANE AUSTEN!!! thats all. :lol:

interesting. it made a whole bunch of sense to me. little sun, usually not thirsty... yep, a lot o sense! :D
Betting on Alice.