A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
christopher
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by christopher »

Alphie wrote:1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
Edward seemed more or less the same to me. Bella however, definitely seemed more nervous than usual. Maybe because she wasn't expecting to see him and didn't have the opportunity to mentally prepare herself.
Alphie wrote:2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
I think he was looking forward to it, as he's convinced she edits her thoughts around him. Maybe with the questions coming from another person, he'll get a different perspective and be able to understand her better.
Alphie wrote:3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
I would think that Edward would've had a pretty good idea of the effect of sharing food. He probably knew she wouldn't have been in any danger, so he didn't make a big deal about it.
Alphie wrote:4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
I think Edward's behavior is a pretty good indicator that his feelings are stronger. I mean, it's not like SHE'S sneaking into HIS bedroom at night.
Alphie wrote:5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Am I crazy for thinking they'd all prefer people? Except for Carlisle, though. He seems like he'd be a deer person. (In all seriousness, I have no idea.)
ManyNewMoons
Settled in Forks

Post by ManyNewMoons »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

I think, given what happened, they showed what a true "morning after" is like. Edward was definitely concerned about Bella's emotions, and Bella herself might have had some ounce of hesitation about her own choice. Nothing different from an average human relationship...

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?

I think Edward liked it for the most part.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

I think Edward knows and knew it was a matter of time. His non-reaction just shows how in that precise moment, he really did want Bella to become what she so yearned for.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

I think they care for each other an equal amount. Bella feels blessed and Edward feels blessed. Both feel lucky to have the other. That kind of security can only be described as trust, and loving one another the same.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?

I think Rosalie might hunt mountain cats. They are very volatile and she would enjoy the hunt. I think Alice would prefer raccoons or cats
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

I thought they both acted comfortable around one another. I don't think she was shy at all maybe a little nervous and eager b/c she wanted to hurry up and get ready and out the door so she could see him again. Yes I think once Edward opened up a little with her that he just wanted to keep pouring himself out to her.

I think Edward liked some of the what he heard but I also think he wanted to know more of what she was feeling and thinking.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

I never knew this and since I didn't I didn't give it much thought. I personally think some readers think way to deep such as this and it could start to ruin the fantasy of the story, but eh, each to their own. I guess I shouldn't be surprised b/c I think Edward would know that small amount wouldn't hurt her. Kinda of like when you take a bite of something from someone who has a cold that doesn't guarantee that you will get sick.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

I think they both feel equally strong for one another.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?

I never gave it much thought. Deer, coyotes, foxes, and other stuff I suppose.
Banner by TammyAZ
Kat_Mac
Learning to Love Green

Post by Kat_Mac »

I think they fit into a pair nicely. Edward seemed much more open; Bella seemed to calm right down as soon as she saw Edward and realised it wasn't a dream.

Pleased by hearing that Bella had feelings for him, but probably a little frustrated that she couldn't realise the extent of his feelings for her. Frustrated more than anything, because he couldn't hear her mental side of the conversation and had to rely on Jessica's thoughts for a picture.

No. I think that if it had been anything near to a serious amount, he'd have stopped it. It was so tiny that it didn't make a difference, and Edward probably hadn't considered it as dangerous.

At this point I think Edward cares more. He's said longer: to get to know her by following her, to understand the magnitude of their situation; and to realise the sacrifices they're making with her as his singer - and then to make them. He's had the information longer than Bella.

I can't imagine Jasper telling the difference, it Carlisle enjoying the feed at all. Maybe something soft like deer for Esme; beautiful and dangerous like mountain cats for Rosalie. Sleek gazelles for Alice.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]