A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by aliacullen »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
bella seem shy but intriged with edward and edward was becoming more open knowing that he can trust her

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
mxed feelings happy that she does like him back and alsoangry that that she does since it would put her in danger

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
i didnt know that now knowing that yes it does surprise me btu maybe he didnt know. what happens when the kiss does she have venom in her mouth?

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
thats tuff...
emse - elephant because elephants care for their children
alice - swan becuase she is graceful
jasper - dog becuase dogs seem to know how your feeling
roseline - panther because she is fisty feline
chalise - lion - he is the leader of the pack
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
Edward seemed normal..just..in a better mood and yes, more open because now she pretty much knew everything, he didn't have to watch everything he said to try to keep it from her. Bella was normal too, but very happy because she's in love, part of her personality is nervous and shy..but she's curious about him, and too happy being with him to be as quiet as she is with everyone else.
He was pretty confused, happy that she likes him a lot too, but also really annoyed that it isn't obvious how much he cares about her, he doesn't understand how she can think she likes him more.
3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
From reading MS, Edward didn't really think about it, and he might have, except Bella didn't know about venom, and he wouldn't want to explain how all of that works, because he doesn't want her to know how to become a vampire..plus it's such a tiny amound on the pizza it wouldn't make a difference, Bella couldn't even tell.
4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
It's a tie. I've always thought there is no limit to their love, and in the infinite amount they have for each other, it's not possible for one to love the other more.
5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
For some reason, Carlisle just seems like he would prefer deer. I really can't see Esme killing anything, but when she had to, probably deer too..Alice might like some kind of cat, something graceful, maybe a kind of smaller cat..I'm not sure about Jasper, probably a larger predator like a bear or lion to have more of a fight, not that it would make a difference. Rosalie..a larger animal too, she wouldn't just want to eat deer..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

They both seemed kind of nervous, in a very typical, human way. Both seemed more open, too.

Well... now that I've read part of The Book That Shall Not Be Named I kind of know BUT the first time I read Twilight I couldn't really tell. Edward thinks SO MUCH and says SO LITTLE in comparison.

Considering the fact that she actually did consume venom (which I didn't know she did until RIGHT NOW, gasp), I am surprised Edward didn't stop her and/or react to it. Maybe he knew there wouldn't be enough to affect her in any way, even if she did have open sores in her mouth. Edward thinks everything through so he probably knew.

Well, we know that Edward has a greater capacity to feel than Bella does. But, proportionally speaking, I think they each give an equal amount of love.

Hmm... I think Alice & Esme would prefer something graceful... maybe a cheetah. Rosalie probably likes something quite beautiful. Jasper hmm... something very strong. I honestly have no idea! I was never very interested in this analogy.

Image Image Image
TillyWhitlock
Playing Thunderball
Location: Wandering through the forest hoping to stumble upon Jasper

Post by TillyWhitlock »

It wasn’t that she was nervous or shy. It was that she was unsure. She didn’t know if he was going to be as open as he had been. I think Edward was just as open as he was the night before. They just needed a way to get into the discussion and they both were waiting for the other to say something.

I think he thought it was funny. Until Bella got to the point where she said that she likes him more than he likes her. Then he got upset about it. I could see why too.

No. If there was something to react over, he would have. We all know how he is prone to overreaction. So the fact that he doesn’t react proves there was no danger there

She cares more about him than he does for her. What does he have to do but control himself? She has to risk her life every second they are together. She’s willing to do it, and she’s willing to do it with a smile.

ROFL. Uh… I would definitely say Alice would like a monkey. She’s all hyper all the time. Haha.. I think Rose would like coyote. They seem alike. Jazz… poor Jazz.. outside of humans, I would go with leopards.
Garage,Bodyguard,APPC,EDC
"Drug" Dealer to THE 6. The price: One bottle of Honey or Syrup.

SarahGoddard~ The Best Lexling ever!
Twi-Twin=Kimmy
Kaitlyn8
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaitlyn8 »

edward was more open i think. bella was still surprised he actually liked her or whatever so she was more guarded not wanting to say too much
i think he felt exactly what he said ok well uh he might have been more sad about her responses

i didnt even know she was consuming venom so thats a surprise to me. umm well i guess now maybe he didnt think about it and was too like involved with bella talking

i think they care for each other equally but edwards is wayyyyy more intense

oh gosh i have never thought of that
carlisle-lion leader
esme-giraffe elegant and loving
rosalie-cheetah they have long legs and are elegant
alice-bobcat cuz they are cute and jumpy hahah
jasper-jaguar dark and mysterious
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open? To me she was to shy. It wasn't how I would have behaved (maybe I should take a lesson from her;) Edward did seem more comfortable.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica? He was upset that she believed she cared more. She obviously didn't understand the struggle it was for him not to kill her

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way? The second time I read the book I wondered about this. I'm guessing that since it didn't go directly into her blood there was no way it could effect her. He would have ripped a piece off an ate it if he thought it would hurt her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more? I don't think it should be an argument of who cares more. The both care equally and it's disrespectful to the other to argue about it.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt? Well they are a little limited in Washington. thinking of every animal everywhere, Rose would be a hyena, Jasper and Alice both would be a cheetah or leopard. And Esme and Carlisle would be a lion.
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by diane771 »

Alphie wrote:1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

I think that they were both nervous but wanted to know so much more about each other. Edward was more open because he didn't have to hide who he really was from Bella.

He felt really good

No, must have known that it would not hurt her.

Edward, he had more to lose by revealing himself

http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

I think that Bella seemed a little nervous, but she had every right to be, since she was not sure if they were still being open with each other. I think Edward was nervous too, but a little less than Bella, because he no longer had to hide who he was.

I think that he was a little shocked and upset that Bella thought she liked him more than he did her.

No not really, if he was at all worried that it could effect Bella, he would not have let her eat after him.

I think that Edward has to over come more, so that gives him a leg up on the who loves who more. Not that Bella does not love him just as much, but she does not know the sacrifices and pain that it causes him.

-Alice - Something that is elegant in its movement, and not too aggressive - Esme - Nothing aggressive at all - Rosalie - I can see her liking something that can be really aggressive like a bear or lion, but only uses it to protect its family - Carlisle - Something that is a leader, like a lion -Jasper - something that is extremely aggressive (I'm having a hard time thinking of animals, I need to go to the zoo :D )
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i think edward was one step infront of bella. bella seemed to shy away a bit, but she warmed up to it.

he probably got a kick outta it!! i have read midnight sun so i know what he really thought.(i know *gasp* what a shock!) but before that i found it very amusing that he was listening.

i think he knew that it wouldnt hurt her. he would have stopped her if it could've.

edward for bella. hes waited longer and all that so.... ya. not that bella doesnt care for him but i do think edward more.

i have no clue! but i cheated and looked at the others and have to say that i do think alice would fit with something fast and clever!
Betting on Alice.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I think they were more open with each other. Edward could start to be himself and talk about what he is with Bella.

I don't know... I was nervous when Jessica asked about kissing, because I thought Edward was going to bring up that topic. And when Bella told her that she cared about him more than otherwise, I was absolutely sure Edward would bring that up.

No. He knew it wouldn't happen anything to her.

I guess it's a tie. But Bella is pretty obsessed with him at that point, though. And we don't know for sure if he feels that way.

Alice, something like deer. Rosalie, bears. I don't know!
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan