A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EmeraldLace
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by EmeraldLace »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
Bella was more outgoing I think and so was Edward.
2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
Nervous, but happy. :D
3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
He may have reacted, Bella looked away briefly...
4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
Edward for Bella but the bond the other way seems stronger because we see it in Bella's perspective.
5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Alice for a Lynx
Rosalie for Hares
Jasper for Wolves
Carlisle for a Pheasant
Esme for Stags
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
This is one of my favorite parts of the book. I thought it was very sweet. Bella wasn't too nervous or shy, but she was a little "rattled" and Edward was so much softer and open. This is where I truly feel in love with Edward.

I think it humored him for the most part. But probably made him worry too.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
Wow. This is something I didn't realize SM said. Nah, he worries about Bella too much. If he ever thought something would hurt he, he wouldn't let her do it :-)

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
I think it's pretty equal. Obviously they would both risk their lives to save the other as we see in the rest of the series.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Hmm...DON'T LAUGH...ok i'm laughing at my list...it's pretty dumb.

Alice- Gazelles...she's very graceful.
Rose- Peacocks...because they are pretty
I can't think...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

They both seemed more open. Bella may have been a little nervous about how things would be but they were both definitely more open.

I'm sure he found parts amusing.

I didn't even think about it when I read it. But I'm sure Edward knew what he was doing. I don't think he would have allowed it to happen if it was a big deal.

Its equal.

Oh man, umm Alice would be gazelles, something graceful. Rosalie, maybe a horse or something. I really don't know?
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Bella was very nervous the morning after understandably so. I think she was still thinking about when Edward told her that he didn't want to hear that she felt that way. So she seemed really guarded. I don't think it was too much or too little. It would be very un-Bella if she just jumped in the car all boisterous and stuff. Edward did seem more open. I think both this morning and the night before.

Conflicted. On the one hand he was frustrated with himself because Bella really really liked him and he knew that wasn't safe for her. He was also frustrated because he knew how much he cared for her and she didn't. I think it almost hurt him a little bit that she thought he didn't like her as much as she did he. I also think that there was at least part of him that was happy that she liked him, since he is so in love with her himself, there is no way to avoid feeling happy when the one you want wants you back.

I guess is surprised me after the fact. Until I read what Stephenie said, I hadn't thought about Bella consuming venom. I think Edward was just caught up in other things and maybe he didn't want to scare her. Or maybe he didn't realize that she would get some venom by eating off the same piece of pizza, but that seems likely, in general Edward is very cautious.

I am inclined to think that Edward cares more because he has been waiting for sooooo long for a soul mate. Living 100 something years without someone to love tends to strengthen the act of falling in love in my opinion. I also think that falling in love with Bella changed Edward more than it changed Bella. I think Stephenie (or maybe it was Catherine Hardwicke) said that Bella brought life back into Edward's life which deep down was kind of miserable. Spending all these years in existence with no real purpose. I don't doubt Bella's love for Edward at all, but I just think his circumstances make his love more powerful.

That's a very interesting question! I think Alice might like rabbits, Rosalie seems like a deer person to me, because I think deer are very magestic, sleek and elegant. I could see Jackson liking wolf or something since they are a little rougher with their prey. And gosh I have no idea for either Carlisle or Esme.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

I think they were both a little shy and guarded the morning after. I don't think Edward was more open than he was the night before, but he was definitely more open than he was before the Port Angeles incident.

I think he was probably happy to have his feelings for Bella reciprocated and confirmed. It's always nice to hear someone telling a friend how much they care for you.

Maybe just like the readers, Edward didn't think about that. He said so himself that he was starting to be himself more around Bella. Perhaps he forgot to be careful in this instance. Here's a question for Stephenie: If Bella consumed a small amount of venom, why didn't the venom paralyze or hurt her in any way? Well, I guess she probably ingests venom when she kisses Edward so I guess small amounts must not harm her.

I think Edward really does care for Bella more. I think he has the capacity for stronger emotions than Bella does, and so it follows that his love is going to be stronger. When vampires are changed, they are changed permanently. This is not so for humans, which I think means that Bella could eventually get over Edward if she had to. Bella is definitely dazzled more by Edward, but I think that is due to the fact that he has traits given to him that dazzle normal human beings so that he is more able to suck their blood.

Hmm, interesting. I think Alice would prefer panthers. I can see Rosalie liking giraffes. Jasper; foxes. Carlisle; something that won't feel too much pain... Maybe turkey? I think Esme would probably like horses.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

Her nervousness was completely justified. The more open the better IMO.

I think he felt amazing that she actually loves him even though he is a vampire.

Not really. I don't think he realized it or maybe secretly he was wishing she would turn into a vampire.

Edward for Bella. She doesn't realize how much he loves her so she is holding herself back.

Carlisle should hunt something intelligent like tigers or something. And Esme something loving and sweet like a mother bear.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
EllaMinnowPee
Settled in Forks

Post by EllaMinnowPee »

Alphie wrote:1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

I'll come back and answer the rest of the questions later- I think I need to re-read the book again to soak in every detail- I have a habit of rushing through and missing the details, and I'd like to give thoughtful answers to these questions. But I had to comment on this question right away. First of all, I'd love to know where Stephenie tells us that! I read her web site so it must be somewhere else. That's fascinating. But it confuses me too. Edward is constantly kissing Bella throughout the books. Is she in contact with his venom every time his lips touch hers?

As far as Edward not stopping her from biting the pizza after him, no it doesn't surprise me since I didn't know that she was consuming his venom. If he did know, then he obviously wasn't concerned that it would harm her.

KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I think that Bella was too nervous. She wasnt sure that it ws real I think. And Edward did seem to be a little more open.

I thought he would be happy to know how Bella was feeling. But it seemed to bother him.

Its weird that he didn't react to it.

I think that Edward really cares for Bella more. He could have just stayed away from her. Or he could have left, and it really wouldnt have effected her that much. But instead he stays there with her.

I would think that Alice, Rosalie and Emse like to eat something that doesnt put up much a fight. Something like Elk or Deer. Jasper and Carlisle I think would eat anything. Well, not anything. But things that you would find in the forest.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
StarEmerson

Post by StarEmerson »

Bella was shy I think, but not overly so! Just as you would be about meeting a boy when your that age. Typical Bella, she was never afraid of the vampire. I think Edward must have felt relieved that he could answer her questions, as he was more open.

I think he was proberly dying to tell Bella that he did infact like her as much as she liked him! He was in love with her. But of course, torn up about it because he knows its not safe for either of them.

I think he was just so shocked she took a bite of it after him. I dont think he expected her to do it (not afraid of him!) and maybe felt foolish about forgetting that she would of course not know about the danger. He is not around humans like that. It shows imediate closeness between them too. I know when I start a relationship or like a boy the thought of eating infront of him scares the life out of me!! Bella never has that problem! Ha!

Definatly equal! They are both far too considerate of each other too. She does things as not to tease him, he tries to stay away from her even though it rips him apart, so she isnt in danger from him.

What an awesome question! I have no idea! Rosaile, proberly something like ... unicorns?! Ha! I suspect Rosalie likes bears too, she was hunting them when she found Emmett right? Jasper would like a challenge, a good fight? A wolf? And Alice proberbly something funny, like Racoons?! I remember Edward saying they prefer meat eaters though.
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

lovely_and_4ever_17
Settled in Forks

Post by lovely_and_4ever_17 »

She's shy because she's around a new guy that she really lovs, and it's typical for a human to be afraid of a vampire. Edward was probably relived that he doesn't have to hide who he is to her anymore

I think he want's to tell her that he loves her just as much.

I think he was just shocked that she took a bite after him and didn't think about the venom.

It's really pretty close to equal. they care about nothing more than making each other happy

Rose probably likes bears too she seems like she's up for the chalenge to take one down, Jasper would want something that has a chalenge to it also so maybe a wolf (not giant wolves now), Alice would want something with the greatest chalenge so maybe some small game.