A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LizCA217
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by LizCA217 »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
Bella seemed a bit nervous, much more so than Edward. He seemed pretty much the same.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
I think he was frustrated that she isn't afraid of him at all in the way she should be and also by the fact that she doesn't see herself the way that he does. I think her normal teenage insecurities bother him. He's pleased that she does like him and that Bella isn't an airhead like Jessica.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
If the amount she consumed could have in any way hurt her, I think he would have stopped her- no matter how shocked he was that she was actually taking a bite after he had.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
I think at this point Bella cares more because as Edward said, if he really did care the most he would leave her alone and out of danger. Although... he trusts and cares about her enough to open about who and what he really is and that says a lot about how much he cares. Maybe it's even.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
I imagine Jasper might want something that puts up a bit of a fight. The girls don't seem to enjoy the hunting trips as much as the boys so Rosalie and Alice are probably content with the local elk and deer. I see so much of Edward and Carlisle reflected in each other so I think Carlisle would be similar to Edward in his choice of prey. I think Esme would want something easy to kill and cause as small amount of pain as possible, so maybe deer for her.
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

I think Bella acted as naturally as she could...portraying the other day as "no big deal", even though Edward gave her a ride and was standing right next to her in the process. I was a little, little, bit suprised that Edward said something to Jessica because he is always so distant from everyone else, but he is super-polite so it didn't really surprise me too much.

I think he felt euphoric, but sad at the same time. Edward always had that two-halves to him at the same time. One, to have Bella stay with him forever (which would be "selfish" on his part, so he thinks), and two, to have Bella remain human and stay away from him, so he wouldn't condemn (haha right) her to that sort of life. But I assume he was definately happy to find out that she cared for him in the same way.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

Not at all, didn't Stephenie explain...somewhere....that a small amount of venom wouldn't turn you into a vampire unless injected into your blood stream? Edward knew it wouldn't hurt her, plus he probably wasn't even thinking about that at the time.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

Edward at that point, though they care for each other equally as the novel progresses. Edward's a vampire, and the only thing that can change in their life is when they fall in love...and explained later on, that bond is permanent. Also, I think that vampire's emotions are maybe stronger than human's.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?

Oooohh....I'm not sure, I can't really think of anything good right now. The only thing I can't imagine is Esme hunting :[
emurlee!
Settled in Forks

Post by emurlee! »

I know its a bit rude, seeing as Stephenie is the god around here, but I really just ignore some of her facts that she talks about now, or if it was a minor detail in the book that i didn't like i would just ignore it, or change it to satisfy my imagination.
emurlee!
Settled in Forks

Post by emurlee! »

I understand the implications from the beginning.
Bear obviously because Emmette is often described as a big bear and I thought that Stephenie was just trying to say something about Edwards personality with the whole Mountain Lion thing.
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I was just happy with Edward being so sweet to Bella. Didn't really notice anything else. :) I think Bella reacted normally and Edward did indeed seem more open. More open to Bella anyway.

I think he was really curious to know how Bella really felt. When he hears what Bella tells Jessica, I imagine him to be both happy and sad.

I would've expected Edward to not take any risks with the venom, even when they were that small. Especially since Edward's got this theory about Bella attracting trouble. Well, maybe he forgot or something?

I think they both care as much for each other as they're able to. That would mean Edward cares more because he's a vampire and his emotions are stronger.

I really don't know. Can't imagine some of them hunting.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Riddalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Riddalyn »

I think they did horribly. Haha! Bella was never one for acting herself. But after they warmed up, it was just magic. ;)

I think he was facing a wide array of emotions... from elation (because she feels strongly about him, too) to sadness (for the very same reason), to annoyance and all the way back.

No, it doesn't surprise me. I'm sure he knew that that amount of venom wouldn't hurt her in any way. Otherwise, he never would have kissed her, because when they kiss, she gets a little venom in there, too. I'm sure he knows it's harmless.

I think it's impossible to tell. They both love each other with enough gravity to suck light into a black hole, so what does it matter?

Oh, how FUN!
Alice - Something graceful, yet powerful... I could see her also quite liking the mountain lion.
Jasper - Something difficult, a real battle... I could see... Moose are vicious. Just kidding... I don't really know... this is hard. What other big game resides in the forest? Wolves, maybe (ouch, that stings).
I don't want to do this anymore.
Esme - I can't actually picturing her hunting without it stabbing a weird wound in my heart.
Carlisle - Haha, deer. He's just too nice.
Rosalie - Bears alongside Emmett.
:( That was hard.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

I think it seemed as if they were really any other couple in their first stages of dating, it seemed fairly normal to me.

Upset by the fact she doesn't get how much he cares for her. But happy she likes him so much too.

Oh wow, yeah that does surprise me now. Why didn't she change?

Um I think they both care for each other as much as they are capable, but Edward just a wee bit more simply for the fact that vampires are very fixed in nature.

Alice: Deer, Esme: Lioness, Carlisle: some sort of other bear, Jasper: Eagle, Rosalie not sure something beautiful and vain.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

I think they did pretty well. I mean, for starting out from the conditions they were in, they did fairly well becoming "friends". ;)

I think he felt as though Bella sees him as perfect though he clearly doesn't think that. Like my favorite quote from this chapter, "Do you truly believe that you care more for me than I do for you?" -Edward Cullen.

Not really. She needs a lot of venom to hurt her. I guess he knew that she wasn't at risk or else he would have stopped her from that tasty bite of pizza. lol

Neither. I can't possibly choose which one. =P

Alice: deer, Jasper: anything he can get his hands on, Rosalie: either bears like Emmett or deer like Alice, Carlisle and Esme: anything in the area.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
xsundaybestx
Settled in Forks

Post by xsundaybestx »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open? I think they both did a good job of trying to play cool. Though Bella was a bit nervous.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica? He indulged in it.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way? Obviously it wasn't enough to turn her into a vampire, so I see no need in him trying to stop her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more? They both care about each other on deep levels. I'll have to be cliche and say they are equal.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt? Esme- Deer, Alice- Lion(or some other feline animal), Rosalie- Polar Bears, Jasper- Anything, Carlisle-Elk or Deer.

I always though Emmett like bears because he was attacked by one when Rosalie found him. I though it was his way of getting back at them.
Team Vampire.
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

Bella was nervous, but not too much. Edward didn't seem anymore open, but a little shy, maybe.

I don't think he liked it very much because she doubted his feelings about her.

Yes, it does surprise me, because Edward is prone to overreaction, after all.

No, I think they both love each other equally and they just THINK that they love the other more.

Esme - Deer, Elk, something non violent
Alice - A cat of some sort, something graceful,
Rosalie - Bears,
Jasper - Doesn't matter, he'd rather have a human,
Carlisle-Elk or Deer, again something non violent.