A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ThisStoryOfLove
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by ThisStoryOfLove »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I think that they both did very well and I was so happy that they were still able to be open with one another.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
I am not really sure, he seemed convinced that he cared for her more, but I don't think that he could really know that.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
No, because he must have known that this small amount would have no effect on her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
I think that they both care for the other equally.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Hmm, this is tough and I am not familiar with the animals in this area so I cannot guess.

"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
-Edward, Midnight Sun
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?Bella sempt a little nervous, and Edward sempt a WHOLE lot more open.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?I think he found it entertaining.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?I think that he started beating himself up about it afterwords.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?They care for each other equally. Afterall, they ARE soulmates

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Alice-deer
Rosalie-a mother bear
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I mean, of course it's going to be a little awkward, but I think that they did a good job of getting past it. I was like... mesmerized by Edward.

Happy, ultimately. He likes that Bella cares for him, too, but he thinks that he cares more for Bella.

And on that, I'm not sure this a question, but who loves who more? I think they love both each other deeply, but there are differences. I mean, Edward is putting himself through physical pain to be with Bella, and she is sacrificing human kind, and at the same time, her hopes of having a family(pre-breaking dawn). So... where does that leave us? I personally think that Edward loves Bella a little bit more, but Bella has loved him longest. And by this, I mean, both love each other deeply and would certainly die for them and care for them no matter what, but Carlisle said that when change comes to a vampire, it will always affect them from there on out, and Bella had the capability(I mean, she could, if she wanted to) of changing her mind and falling for someone else. Edward doesn't. But... ahh I feel bad saying all of this because I picture myself as Bella, so it's like me saying that Edward loves me more than I love him, which is not true at all. Because how can you tell who loves who more? There isn't an exact way, I mean, people love people differently.

okay sorry for that,

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
No. It was just a small amount, not enough to hurt her, so it didn't and shouldn't worry him.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
Haha, I didn't see this question. Read number two, for my answer.

I think that maybe Alice likes cats as well, but that's because I can't picture her hunting anything else. I mean, I could picture deer, but I mean, like Edward said, "Where's the fun in that?" As for Rosalie, I think she doesn't really have a preference. And neither do Carlisle and Esme. But I think Jasper prefers humans, but of course, won't ever say that to anyone, so I think that he likes big game. :)
~Bee Marie
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?They were both fine. Edward was definitely more open, his secret was out so no point in trying to pretend otherwise. Bella was nervous, not about what he was but just the fact that she liked him and she didnt know how much he liked her. (Does this make sense?..it makes sense in my head)

Curious and happy and intrigued. He definitely had the upper hand in this situation..what with reading minds and whatnot LOL.

Did not think about that at the time. It must have been so insignificant that Edward didnt care I suppose. Bella didnt have any side effects that I remember.

They both care equally. They just dont know it. Yet.

Hmm...I havent really thought about it. I mean their options are limited right? Unless they travel to a different part of the country or world..so I just assumed that everyone ate the same. Deer, Elk, Lions, Bears. Rabbits? I dont know LOL.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I think this is one of the scenes where you see Bella's self doubt come to the full forefront. Bella, despite having Edward take the huge step of revealing all, or most, of his secrets to her, still doesn't see how he truly feels about her. Edward, for the first time in the book, seems free (or at least as free as he can until BD). For just a little while, Edward has hope that maybe this will be okay. This allows him to open up to Bella in a way that he never could have before.
I think Edward was frustrated at having to listen to it in Jessica's head, first off. I think he was highly interested in hearing what, and I think more importantly, how Bella would respond to her cross-examination. More importantly than that, I think Edward would have viewed this as almost as good as being able to read Bella's thoughts first hand.
No. I believe that Edward can be just as distracted by Bella in a conversation as she is by him. I think Edward didn't notice Bella taking the bite until is was too late. And, at that point, why risk her reaction. And, I think maybe the venom is only hemotoxic. That is to say, it is only poisonous if it is introduced to the blood. Just ingesting it wouldn't make a difference as it would be neutralized by stomach acid. Edward would know this and would recognize the lack of threat.
I don't think you can really answer this question. One really insignificant and inappropriate way to measure it is the way they do. Bella puts her life at risk every time she is with him. Edward denies his very nature to be with her. They both sacrifice equally. But, in the grand sceme of things, that doesn't mean much. Like all other things within their relationship, their needs to be balance. If only they would both see the balance that already exists between them. :oops:
I like this question a lot. Hmmm... Easiest to answer would be Carlisle. I think he would actually prefer something like Elk or Deer. His nature is just so gentle that I see even carnivores as to violent for him. Esme, I think, would be similar. Though she might like the occasional lion. The protective mother in her. Jasper would be something cunning like Coyotes or Foxes. Alice is hard to place. She's so graceful and happy, but can be downright lethal if you mess with her. Hmmmm.. I think she would be somekind of cat, as well. Maybe a Lynx. Finally, Rosealie would hunt Wolverines. They are just as nasty and vicious and unpleasant as she is.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
sleepingshadow
Settled in Forks

Post by sleepingshadow »

I think Bella was a little nervous, but more so afraid that it was all a dream. Edward definitely seemed more open.

Secretly flattered but concerned about her "i like him more than he likes me" comment.

I think he didn't want to scare her, so he didn't make an issue of it.

I don't know if I can say one cares for the other more or not. I believe this truly to be a relationship of equals.

Alice - Some type of wild cat...bobcat maybe?
Rosalie - This is tough because in my mind she carries herself like a gazelle (not that they exist in the Pacific NW, but that's my thought regardless), but she's got the mentality and attitude of a wolf or another mean and nasty animal.
Jasper - Buffalo
Esme - Elk
Carlisle - Deer, because of his gentle compassion
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

No.. they acted just as they should lol. Natural...... Actually, I dont really have an opinion on that question.

I read Midnight Sun lol.

You have to be bitten and it must enter the bloodstream.. just because you injest it doesn't cause the change. Similar to HIV

Edward obviously.. he has so much riding on him that it has to be him.

Thats a hard one lol.. The first thing that popped to mind for Alice was bunnies and I know thats wrong so Im not even going to attempt.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~no, they both did well. Edward was more open, indeed.

~hurt that she thought she liked him much more than he liked her.

~No, a small bit of venom is not going to harm even her.

~ Edward, because he has lived over 100 years without a soulmate, so when he finds that special person hes going to be very very crazy about her.

~i cant remember what i thought.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
4everklutzy
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by 4everklutzy »

I think that they were as natural as they could be, still a little awkward, but getting to know each other more.

I think that Edward liked "hearing" Bella's responses to Jessica's questions, but that Jessica really irritates him he gets somewhat frustrated that he can't read Bella's thoughts himself. Edward finds out that Bella likes him, which makes him both happy and worried, but she doesn't seem to know just how much he likes her which frustrates him. You get a really clear picture in MS

If there had been any danger, I think he would've stopped her. It's funny that she was supposed to have ingested venom because in MS Edward states that while he was poisonous, sharing food wasn't harmful.

I think that they love each other equally. Edward has never met anyone like Bella. She fascinates him and brings out the best in him. He will do whatever it takes, even sacrificing himself, to protect her. Bella loves him completely and there's no going back. She trusts him implicitly and is even willing to put herself in danger if it means being with him.

This is a really good question! Hmmm....
Carlisle--I think deer or elk? Esme--deer? Rosalie--wolverines and maybe bear? Alice--rabbit or deer? Something very quick. Jasper--something challenging like mountain lion or lynx or maybe even bear? I don't have an extensive list of woodland animals big enough or carnivorous enough for any better ideas ;)
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

1)I think they did what they could to act natural. Bella was both - nervous & shy. I think she was hoping he would still be open with her. Edward seemed unsure. Probably not sure if Bella was still "open" to him after he revealed he was indeed a vampire.

2) Amazed that Bella still kept his secret and probably irritated with Jessica and her thoughts in regards to Bella.

3) I think Edward knew that Bella eating after him would not physically affect Bella, he was probably stunned that she would.

4)In truth, I think it is equal. I believe they are both willing to risk everything to be together, but Edward is more afraid of staying around for fear of hurting her or worse, killing her.

5) I would think Jasper would love Mountain Lion or anything sleek & powerful. Alice would probably eat most any animal, Carlisle & Esme - definitely Elk, large deer. Rosalie may love bear too.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict