A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by sazykid »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I think they both did well. After being so open and honest with one another things were probably a little awkward; both were probably wondering how the other felt. Edward seemed like he was more open, at this point why not be? Bella knew his biggest secret, so why keep anything else from her?

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?
Overall, it seemed that he was pleased with the conversation because Bella was honest about how she felt about Edward. However, I think he was sincerely upset by the fact that Bella thought he didn't care for her as much as she did for him.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
I didn't surprised me. First, I don't think she consumed enough to do anything to her. Secondly, I think in this case the venom was a little bit like a bee sting. After a bee stings you, it goes off and dies. I think once the venom was on the pizza it sort of lost its impact. Besides, its not like Edward licked the whole slice lol, he just bit a little bit off.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
I think they care equally. Bella is willing to risk her life every second she is with Edward, but she does not care because she loves him. Edward loves Bella so much, that he is willing to let her go if that is what she needs to be safe/happy.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Alice is agile and quick so I could see her hunting a big cat of some kind. But, other than that, I've never really put any thought into it.
spiritwolf32
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by spiritwolf32 »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
Bella seemed fine to me. Giddy actually with just a hint of nervousness. Edward was more content now that Bella knew more about him and has accepted him.

Amused and irritated lol?

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
At the time I didn't think about it. I would have taken a bite of the pizza to. Just because Stephanie told us that did that mean Edward knew lol.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
That is hard to say. Bella is just 17 and is in love but he is 108 or whatever so it would be different for him but the same as well. I mean as in love back when he was raised was handled differently than it does these days. Does that make sense? It could be a tie.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
Have no clue.
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

It was great. Bella seemed alright, and Edward was more open.

Just as it went.

I don't think she really had a reaction to it. Maybe Edward didn't know about that or he was slowly testing her?

Edward - he waited nearly a century for her

Alice - panther, Carlisle/Esme - deer, Jasper - alligator, Rosalie - rabbit
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
peacelovetwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by peacelovetwilight »

Bella did seem much more nervous than the night before. I think it was because she had admitted herself that she loved him so she felt more awkward and aware of him. Edward seemed more comfortable with her, probably because he doesn't have to hide his secrets all of the time. Also I think he was more open because she was not frightened of him like he expected her to be.

I think he felt confused that it wasn't obvious that he loved Bella too.

No it didn't. I thought it was sweet that she was behaving the same around him as she would around any other person. I think Edward was probably surprised for the same reason and was pleased that she didn't treat him strangely.

I think that Edward cares more for Bella simply because like he said he is prepared to hurt himself in order to keep her safe. Also when you try to push somebody away from you it is usually because you care so much about them that you are afraid that you will hurt them.

Jasper is very mysterious but powerful at the same time so I would probably say cheetah because he would be able to sneak up behind them then pounce. Rosalie is very fiesty and angry all of the time so I would say she would prefer tigers because they are savage and vicious. Alice is very flighty and hyperactive so I would say something fast and flightly like a deer or perhaps a cheetah.
Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed vampire stalker- Edward Cullen
Edward Cullen used to be my ideal guy. Then Robert Pattinson came along. Now Edward's number two.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Edward did amazingly, Bella well she did her best

He's upset

He didn't react cause he was probably
a) not thinking
b) he doesn't think it will do anything to him

It's a hard call but i gotta say Edward

Alice- something crafty that is a challeng like small game and lots of it
Jasper- somthing quick and cunning like a wolf (a small not large invade others space and life wolf :D)
Rose- she likes to prove herself so i'm going with bears
**Kathryn**
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open? I think Bella was nervous and shy but I think it's natural for her. I would've been. Edward definitely was more open.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica? I didn't have any other opinions but what he said.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way? After hearing that Stephenie said that I'm surprised he wouldn't have stopped her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more? definitely Bella.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt? not sure. Alice a fast very hyper type animal. but other than her I don't know
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
keds723

Post by keds723 »

I don't think Bella was too nervous or shy. She seemed herself, but Edward definitely was more open after the morning car ride was over. I loved him for showing up to her house unannounced <3

I think he expected it all, but he probably wasn't expecting the "i love him more" thing.

Maybe he didn't think it would affect her, or maybe he didn't think about it. I didn't even think about it!

I think that they care for each other equally. They are both sacrificing enough

I'd say that Jasper would like something that would be tricky. So something that hides and makes him chase it. Alice probably goes for the deer because it's easy and she doesn't seem like she cares that much. As for Rosalie...I'm not even sure. It's really tough, especially since we don't know what wildlife is available for the taking ;)
<3_my_Edward
Wandering Through Town

Post by <3_my_Edward »

I thought they seemed to act very natural, it wasn't awkward at at all. I think it was good that Edward showed up, it probably helped that they saw each other in her drive way and not like in the parking lot of the school.

I don't think he was as upset as he let on. But I do think that he wanted to get some answers out of Bella.

I didn't even notice that. I thought that Edward got food for the both of him, and that he just took a bite of his "lunch".

Only after reading BD do I think that Edward probably loved her more, just becuase vampires seem to have a much larger capacity for love.

Hmmm...I think that Carlisle and Esme would probably like Elk or Moose, something nice and calm....Jasper definitely likes Wolves...Rosalie seems like she'd like bears to me...and for Alice maybe a bobcat
"...I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Cullen. And that was very, very stupid." ~Bella
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I think they both did really well. Of course there were some akwardness since all the walls suddenly had fallen down, but they sorted it out ok.

He liked to finally hear what Bella felt about him, even if he might not want her to feel that way. He was upset that about the "i care more for him than he does for me"-thing. I think he was also somewhat amused about the conversation.

Not really. The amount of venom on that pizza must have been so small, and Edward probably knew that. If it had been any danger he would have stopped her.

It's hard to say, since they clearly love each other so much. But if I have to choose one, I would say Edward. He has the most life experience, and he's been waiting for the love of his life for almost a century. And he is also the one that is willing to leave and cause himself so much pain, if that is the best thing for Bella (even if he is wrong about that being the best for her, but that is another discussion...).

I don't know..Maybe lynx or cheetah for Alice, something slow for Esme and Carlisle, and something challenging for Jasper..Not sure on this one.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I think that both of them were nervous, fully aware that the intensity of the conversation the night before was gone, and they were in strange territory today. Bella was worried that he wouldn't be as open with her as he was the night before, and Edward was worried that Bella would have had time to sleep on it and been put off by him; both of them were nervous in the car.

A little hurt, and guilty, about Bella's insecurity; frustrated that she hadn't revealed more at his prime chance; and happy, glad, pleased, for conformation that she did like him.

I didn't even stop to think of that, so I imagine that Edward, with so much going on inside his head, didn't either. Or if it did occur to him, he would have to have known that it was so small it couldn't effect her in anyway. Otherwise he would have freaked out about it.

Edward. He has more capacity for emotions, as Bella discovers in Breaking Dawn; plus, he's been waiting longer to find Bella than she has for him by a good few centuries, so it would be more intense for him.

Alice - Cheetah (graceful, fast and elegant)
Jasper - Jaguar (large, powerful and strategical)
Rosalie - Snow Leopard (beautiful, haughty and dangerous)
Can't say I'm too sure what Carlisle or Esme would prefer, though, for some reason... I'm guessing that being so compassionate, they would be slightly more likely to ignore preference and hunt animals that aren't endangered in any way.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~