A Chapter By Chapter Discussion of Twilight

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Interrogations

Post by Venecettia »

1. They were just able to show that they are a good match.

2. Mayeb a bit disturbed, but flattered too.

3. He obviously knew that it wouldn't effect her, so he left it. He wouldn't do that anyway if it would harm her.

4. No. I think they both care for each other the same amount.

5. Rosalie, deer maybe. Alice, something fast. I really have no idea. I never really thought about it.
amulaya
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by amulaya »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

lol... I don't think that either of them has actually acted "naturally" around each other. I think Bella was a little relieved, she already said that it didn't matter to her. Edward did however seem more open to her and not as "mean".

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?

I think he liked what he heard. Other than the "more than he likes me" remark.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

No. If he thought it would hurt her he wouldn't have let her eat it.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

I think they love each other more than the other can know. (I have loved someone like that before.)

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?

Esme ~ Horses (Gentle, Loving)
Carlisle ~ Deer (Compassionate)
Alice ~ Goes with whatever...
Jasper ~ Moose (Tense)???
Rosalie ~ Female Dogs (ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch)
"So, who's gonna catch me a grizzly bear?" - Bella
krissf
Settled in Forks

Post by krissf »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?
I think that Bella was both nervous and shy at the same time.This is the boy that she is in love with so shes nervous around him and shy in the way that she doesnt want to give too much away.

I think that he was stunned at what she thought.I thought that he was upset at the fact that she thought little of herself in the way of how much she means to him and cant see that yet.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?
Actaully it didnt bother me at all.We all know how over=protective he is of her but thats not really brought to light until Eclipse at just how over protective he is.He knows that venom only effects hum when directly in the bloodstream so I dont think that this would have been a problem or he really would have rethought kissing her.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?
Saying that she cares more for him.I took that to mean that she thought that he only cared for her very little while she was more in love with him when they both have in depth tense feelings.In my opinion they care for each other just as deeply as the other but both have and intense way unto their own.There isnt one who wouldnt do anything more to protect the other or one who wouldnt die for the others sake.I just think that neither one sees how much they really care for one another.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Based on their personality, what do you suppose the other Cullens prefer to hunt?
To this question, the answer i am unsure.
Twilightlover101
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Bella, was more nervous, she didn't want to upset him by starting something up again, while Edward was more open.

Mmm, the infamous conversation, well there were times when he was confused about bella's reactions and they obviously infuriated by her interpretations of his reactions.

I don't think he knew.

I think edward cares more than bella. He's more intense.

I think Alice would prefer gazelles, but that's the only one, not sure bout the others.
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i think they were getting better at being comfortable around each other. i thought Bella was more careful about what she was saying, but she always gives too much away. haha. Edward seemed much more open.

i think he was shocked to hear that she cares much more about him than he cares for her. we all know that he loves her more than anything. i think he wishes he could say that to her but also is afraid that that might scare her off.

i think he knew that that much of venom couldnt hurt her. but still he is always trying to be extra cautious and not cross any lines with her, so why didnt he react all crazy like anytime later? i dont really know.

i think is equal! aw this is so cute to think about haha im getting all smiley! :mrgreen: they are both experiencing this kind of love for the first time. ones life and the others existance. so i think they care for each other equally. more than the other could ever know.

hmm. this is a good question!
the people above me have good responses too!

Carlisle - maybe an owl i dont know
Esme - definately a horse
Rosalie - peacock
Alice - gazelle or a cheetah maybe
Jasper - lion

i never gave this much thought so yeah.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

Bella seemed very shy to me. I don't think Bella was comfortable with a guy in her bedroom , even though it was Edward.

I read the Midnight Sun draft, I think he felt funny about it as in he was laughing at Jessica because Bella got "Edward Freaking Cullen". XD

I didn't really noticed this part, but since you said this, I have no idea. Maybe he bit with his lips that made him looked like biting.

I think Edward cares more for Bella here, since she is a human and she is constantly in danger by putting herself near vampires.

I think Esme would like Elks,and Jasper on another type of bear?
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Destani
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Destani »

They were both really tentative with each other at first because they weren't sure how the other would feel after having some time to think things through, but then they start to loosen up. Edward is more open now that the big secret is out. He even touches Bella's hair before leaving her to go to class. Bella is about as nervous and shy as usual.

I think he was torn. A part of him probably felt good when he heard that Bella liked him. Another part was upset because he wanted her to stay away from him for her own safety. Some of it, like the comment about his driving, definitely amused him.

When I first read the chapter I didn't know anything about vampire venom or how it worked so I didn't think about it. Now, thinking back, I imagine that Edward probably has a pretty good idea of how venom works and what kind of contact/ingestion/injection is needed to cause a transformation so he was comfortable with her taking a bite after him. Just like he didn't worry about the venom while kissing her later in the book.

I think it's about even.

Carlisle - Elk. It could be because of his compassionate family nature but I don't see him being as drawn to predators as the others. It could also be because, if I remember correctly, his first kill was an antelope or something.
Esme - Deer. She just seems so adverse to anything violent that I can't picture her going after a predator that would put up much of a fight. I think she'd want to make it quick and simple.
Rosalie - I have trouble picturing her with a preference. She dislikes being a vampire so much that I think she wouldn't want to focus on hunting. She'd also make it quick and simple. Whatever is nearby.
Alice - Gazelle. She's so graceful and elegant. I think she would hunt something similarly graceful.
Jasper - Wolf or Lion. He's used to strategy and military battles. The animals I would associate with those things are a wolf pack or a pride of lions.
Images courtesy of: http://robbuz.deviantart.com/
X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X
Wandering Through Town

Post by X-X-Burn-It-Down-X-X »

It was all new to Bella, so she was bound to feel a bit shy. Edward seemed really happy and sweet to me : )

Shocked really, but also quite smug. : )

I didn't think it bothered him in anyway, and even if it did, it was in public and he wouldn't risk doing anything drastic over pizza xD

Hmmm, most likely the same, I'd say Bella was more gullable to fall in love completely, where as Edward was more wary, but deep down they both loved eachother in the same amounts : )

Esme-deer
Jasper-Lion
Alice-maybe something small and fast
Rosalie- I don't know, she doesn't really like hunting so she probably killed the first thing she saw to get it over and done with
Carlisle- Lion or Deer
It's not faith if you use your eyes.
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

I think they did the best they could considering. I mean EVERYTHING was out in the open and the kind of stuff it was it was sure to be a little awkward.

I think he found it humorous until Bella said that she thinks that she likes him more than he likes her. then i think he was frustrated.

not really at first, and then i read the other books, and saw how opposed Edward was to turning Bella into a vampire, so i didn't get why he would even take the chance. Because it always made him mad when she would ask to be changed.

Equal!! They are both experiencing love for the first time :) And i think that they both care for each other more than the other could ever imagine. I mean they love each other with so much intensity that its unreal, and i think it makes everyone who reads about it smile.

Alice - a gazelle ~ graceful and elegant
Carlisle - idk ~ because he doesnt want to take life away from anyone or anything, so if i had to choose i guess a deer.
Esme - a horse ~ gentle and loving
Rosali - the first thing she sees ~ because she doesnt like being a vampire so she just wants to get it over with.
Jasper - the lead of a pack of wolves or some other type of pack ~ because he's very strategic, and to lead a pack you have to have some type of strategy.
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I think Bella was pretty shy about the next day, and Edward was showing some regret and hoping she would turn him down.
I think he was pleased to know how she felt, but said that she felt that she liked him more.
I am surprised he didn't stop her from taking a bite. But i would say since Carlisle is a doctor he probably has experimented with some of these things before.
I would say it was pretty even, but leaning a little toward Edward's side. It must he hard to want to be with someone but know it is not the moral thing to do.
Alice: a squirrel or something small, fast, and energetic.
Jasper: a wolf or lion, something that has rank to them
Rosalie: nothing, hunting is not pretty lol
Carlisle: a deer
Esme: a possum, you know you always see them leading their young around lol