A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Epilogue ~ Treaty

Post by Alphie »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?

3. What did you think about Jacob giving Charlie Bella's motorcycle?

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Re: Epilogue ~ Treaty

Post by sparker »

I think Bella left Jacob in the same emotional rut she began with in the beginning of the book.
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?
Nah, I kind of assume that's how Forks works. :)

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?
I thought it was a bit ridiculous, and actually, the whole love triangle thing made some of Eclipse hard for me to read. Edward is Bella's soulmate. He completed her, and Jacob never really fit that mold. I wanted Edward and Bella to be together and happy forever and for Jacob to disappear. Not to die, but to disappear in the meaning that he needed to move on from Bella.

I was pretty ticked. I thought it was selfish and really crappy of jacob.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
I'd have to reread it because I don't remember my initial reaction.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

I wasn't really surprised. It was like the hole that Bella felt...when Edward came back, it just vanished, like it never existed.

I didn't know exactly how it would ever be resolved but I had hopes that it would. Both Edward & Jacob just needed to look at Bella to see that it was causing her pain not to have the other one in her life.

It was shady of him. If he wasn't so pig-headed and stubborn, he could have just spoken to Bella about everything. But he was angry and upset so it's partly understandable.

Interesting. I don't know if he really ever thought that Bella would become a vampire or not but he should have known that she'd have already made her decision. He should have known that Edward would have never killed Bella.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I hated Jacob from then on..until his book in BD.
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
vamps4evr
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by vamps4evr »

I figured it would, their love was to strong not too! it was natural

it must be hard, but they are both extremely important to her...I wish they could learn to co-exist but both of them loving her and she only truly loving one in the way that counts, Im sure that something not so good will happen!

crappy!! JUST crappy!! he could have found a better way to confront!! and knowing Bella and that she gets what she wants somehow, that it wouldn't keep her and Edward apart like he claimed! silly boy!

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making? I knew what he meant, but I didn't know why he thought that, but her reaction was a giver! this could bring a twist if/when she does become a vampire and Jacob finds out.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I knew Bella would be happy to see Edward right away, so I did expect it to get back to normal pretty quickly, just maybe not that quickly.

2. I thought Jacob would be out of the picture, but I knew Bella wouldn't let himm go. I knew for sure she would be with Edward.

3. I guess it was a nice gesture.

4. I got what he meant. There is a difference between the two.
fiish3
Wandering Through Town

Post by fiish3 »

No, I thought it might take a little longer though, but bella missed Edward and when he came back he filled her life back with happiness.

I suppose so, but bella seems very unconcerned with whos a vampire and who's not. I think it could only be resolved in her becoming a vampire. I hoped mostly that she would pick Edward over jacob, and that the book ends on a happy note :P

That was stupid, Jacob is an idiot :P
but i thought it was kinda sweet how he did it to protect her.

I think Jacob was just trying to kill the whole series. all i wanted was to imagin bella as a vampire and here comes jacob preventing it !
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

No but i was relieved i din't want a bloodbath just after they were reunited.

Yes, but since when is bella safe. That she picks one either edward orjacob, you can't eat your cake and have it so don't bother trying. I hoped that jacob would get lost and edward would win the girl. Love you edward.

I was shocked, and i found it a bit amusing.

Mmm, who's his sorce, how dead on.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i was a little surprised actually, but bella was with edward and he is her life, he makes her happy.

i guess it is dangerous, but bella loves them both, in completely different ways. jake is her best friend so i knew she wouldnt let that go. i hoped that somehow the werewolves and vampires could somehow find a way to get along.

ugh, i would have freaked out the same way bella did. i think it was a stupid way for him to get her attention.

well there's a big difference and it made a huuuge point.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3