A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
scarlet_forever
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Epilogue ~ Treaty

Post by scarlet_forever »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?
No, I expected everything to fall right in place.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?
Yes, Bella has to be complicated..but it makes the story oh so good. I was hoping even when Bella turned into a vampire they could still be friends.

3. What did you think about Jacob giving Charlie Bella's motorcycle?
I was mad. I didn't think Jacob would ever act like that.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
I was like okay, move out of forks..would that break the treaty? lol. I knew he meant this as a threat.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different? I wasn't surprised at all. They knew they loved each other & wanted to be together and nothing could change that.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book? I figured the way Jacob was acting she would loose him as a friend because of her relationship with Edward.

3. What did you think about Jacob giving Charlie Bella's motorcycle? I was mad and thought it was a really low move on his part.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making? Well he must know that the Cullens are capable of just biting someone which would turn them into a vampire compared to killing & drinking all their blood.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different?
I was only really surprised that Edward and Alice fell back into school so easily. Didn't anyone question where they had been? I know Bella was quick to forgive Edward but I have to say I was a little surprised they went right back to where they had left off. If I had been Bella I would have had serious trust issues for a while, but I guess that would have changed the story lol.

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book?
I really didn't think it was dangerous. I kind of thought Edward and Jake were being childish. They both love Bella, and it seems like it would make more sense to ignore eachother than make her choose a side. I really had hoped that Jake and Edward would be able to put aside their differences. They didn't have to be friends or even like eachother, but they could have tolerated eachother.

Not gonna lie, I was mad at Jacob. If he had bothered to find out what was going on he would have known Bella was already grounded. I understand he was doing what he thought he needed to, to keep Bella safe, but I was still mad.

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making?
To him, "bite" and "kill" meant the same thing. In a sense Bella would be dead because her heart would stop beating, she would also technically have to be dead to Jake because he is enemies with vampires.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Nope, I was happy that Eddie and Bella were back all lovey dovey and normal again

I thought Bella would stay with Edward, and Bella would give up on Jacob because she loves Eddie and was sick of Jacob and him wanting to be with her. I wanted Eddie and Jacob to get into a fight, and Edward would win :D

That Jacobs a stupid immature lil pup

Jacob probably knew that Edward would wanna change Bella into a vamp - which would break the treaty or sommit
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

No, Edward was the only thing making them not normal, and then he was back.
I figured she would still try to be friends with Jake and she would end up kind of between them, it would just cause problems. I just wanted her with Edward, I wanted her to just forget about Jake. Mean and unfair, I know, but he bugs me..
That made me pretty mad at him, Charlie would be so mad and she would get in even more trouble. Jake was so ignorant of what he was actually doing.
I guess it makes sense, they shouldn't take away a human life, either way. Jake didn't really know the point he was making, and then he proceeded to be rude and annoy me, making me wish he would go away. I really didn't care about the pack, I never thought they would attack the Cullens, that didn't worry me, it just got on my nerves.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

There's some changes now, but for the most part it's back to normal. Bella's obviously growing up more, using her age to her benefit for a change.

I hoped that Jacob would go mate with himself and leave Bella alone. Go lick yourself Dog!

Oh total betrayal. It's not Bella's fault that Jacob couldn't just pick up a phone and talk to her every time she called. Stupid dog.

He knows of her desire to be a vampire, to be with Edward, and with him knowing how she got her crescent scar, of course he's going to emphasize it. Do anything he can to stop her from choosing him. Jacob is more selfish than Bella. Stupid dog!

* The bit with Charlie at the end was completely hysterical, funniest part of the first two books for sure. That HAS to be in the movie because it's pure Billy Burke scene-stealing.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

No, I wasn't surprised. I knew the second she saw him in the alley. "And the last seven months mean nothing. And his words in the forest meant nothing". All Bella wanted was to have Edward back. And I knew he still loved her. So I expected everything to go back to the way it was before he left.

I won't call it a dangerous game. But still, it wasn't a smart move. They vampires and the werewolves are enemies. It would be very difficult for her to be a part of both worlds. I really couldn't see another solution at that point, then that Bella had to stop spending time with Jacob.

He was betraying her trust. It was a secret, and he had no right to tell Charlie. I think it was childish and mean. And he should have understood that it would take more than being grounded to keep Bella away from Edward. So ultimately, he hurt Bella for nothing.

The pack exists to protect human life. And they feel that a human life is lost when someone is turned into a vampire. Therefore he felt the need to emphasize that the Cullens were not allowed to bite a human being, even if they had no intention to kill that person. To the pack, a person might as well be dead if he/she was changed. And I think he was using it as threat to Bella and Edwards relationship. Basically telling them they couldn't stay together without provoking a fight.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
GuiltyPleasure
Settled in Forks

Post by GuiltyPleasure »

I think it was all balanced on her epiphany about Edward's devotion to her that really set things back. If she hadn't come to that I'd imagine she'd have even more insecurities about their relationship.. well beyond being a mere-human. I almost expected that Bella's stubborn personality would've required more for him to regain her trust back. Maybe I was just hoping for some grand gesture (Maybe that'll happen in Eclipse?)

Dangerous? Possibly. Juicy/Suspenseful/Dramatic? Most definitely. I take joy in reserving my speculation for surprise, BUT I'd like to think this avant-garde line that she walks will result in some peace, or at the very least some co-existence in a room with conflicted temperatures.

I understand his motives, however, I think he let his prejudices blind him from his established knowledge of/faith in Bella. I also thought it was adorable and bratty in a i want to indirectly stop you from seeing your bf so i'm going to tattle tale on you kind of way.

Emphasizes how much he doesn't want Bella to become his natural enemy. Also throw's a war into all the tension, very very exciting. Oh..escalation..
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. Were you at all surprised by how easily things went back to normal? Did you expect something different? no

2. Do you think Bella is playing a dangerous game trying to be friends with a werewolf and date a vampire? Ignoring what you know about Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - how did you think this could ever be resolved? What were your hopes for these relationships at the end of the book? Well I didn't understand why they couldn;t all get along. I mean they all love Bella. The cullens might be vampires but they don;t eat people so what's the problem

3. What did you think about Jacob giving Charlie Bella's motorcycle? jerk

4. What did you think about the difference between "bite" and "kill" and the point Jacob was making? That it was none of Jake's business what Bella chose to be turned she wasnt' going to become the monster Jake seems to think they all turn into.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

a little, i thought it would be harder for the rest of the Cullens (not bella and edward) to readjust to their former home. i was a little surprised at how fast the pace was.

i thought "well, of course it has to work.... right?" i wasnt quite sure weather or not the realationship would hold out too long.

i thought he was trying to get bella in trouble, kind of like revenge... im not sure...

he knew that edward was going to change bella one of these days, and was refetring that although the treaty says "kill" that automaticly includes "bite"... did i get that right?
Betting on Alice.