A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
stwu
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 24 ~ Vote

Post by stwu »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?

I do think she did have reason to believe that,throughout their relationship he tells her that he's a monster and that he is bad for her. When he leaves her and doesn't show up for half a year, that seems like proof. BUT, I'M VERY ANGRY AT BELLA! After Edward breaks her heart, tears her soul-she easily forgave him like it never happened! I can understand how she said when you love somebody logic goes out the window. YOU ALSO HAVE TO LOVE YOURSELF! If somebody does that to you, and I can see Edwards side, you have to be a little weary of their return. She should have been furious at him!

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's?
Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?

I understand Edward but I think it's useless to fight against Bella, she will die eventually why not not be with your love forever? I don't understand her vote,I would love to live forever and travel the world. Carlisle is right.

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?

No. When you love someone you should want to marry them. I don't think she should compare her relationship to her parents', or anyone elses for that matter. If I were her I would have been all up in that!

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?

YEAH! Since they can't be apart,might as well make it official. I do think she should become one as soon as possible. If I were her I would have gone to Alice already.

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?

I do think he should be the one to change her. Her blood does sing to him ,he should enjoy that part of it.
But I also think that it might be to painful for him having to watch her die slowly,painfully, plus Carlisle can control himself. Just do it!
FoundMyEdward0510
Settled in Forks

Post by FoundMyEdward0510 »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?
I think it was rediculous for her to think he didn't love her in the first place. But given that she is Bella, and she never thought she was good enough for her, I was glad she had her epiphany. When she had it I kept thinking "I TOLD YOU SO!!" Her epiphany was perfect, thought I kinda thought it was going to happen sooner.

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
I think the vote made total sense. If it had been me in Edward's shoes, I would have done the exact same thing, and as Carlisle asked in the 3rd chapter, if it were Bella's choice, she could not have done that to Edward. I think Rosalie is selfish, but when it comes to vampirism, I think it's one of her few weaknesses and she acts totally selfless when she says no to Bella. She has the hardest time with what they are so the fact that she said no implies that she also wants more for Bella. Carlisle was right, like Carlisle always is. Carlisle loves his son. He knows his son will kill himself once Bella dies. Logically it's the only thing that makes sense. In a way.... this is the first selfish thing he has said is you really think about it.

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?
I was totally shocked when he proposed. I didn't think he was joking like she did, but I was definatly shocked. One of my all time favorite Edward quotes though "Well I'm nearly a hundred and ten. It's time I settled down." :lol: I understood her reasoning for saying no, but I would have said yes.

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?
SHE HAS TO MARRY EDWARD!!!! If she didn't it just would not be right. The Romeo and Juliet of our generation not getting married? Not promising eternity together? I mean really? I think she should wait until after they are married. It's the only way that makes sense for Charlie and for them as well. I mean, they have eternity together, why not wait a few more months for the sake of Bella's family? She has to turn. It's very important that she does. They deserve eachother. They have been through so much hardship that they deserve eternity together.

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?
I understand how she wants to belong to Edward and have a piece of him always in her by him being the one to do it. If someone else were to... it would be awkward.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

IT'S ABOUT TIME is what I thought. I don't think she was justified but she was just trying to protect herself from being hurt again. Ugh. She's so dumb sometimes :)

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
I respected everyone's separate opinions. I understand their reasonings but I agree with Carlisle that it really is the only logical choice at this point.

I thought it was cute even though I was surprised. I thought that she was stupid to care about other people's opinions. I personally am so against caring about what other people think of me that it bothers me hat she would think this about Edward and being with him forever, when he is the LOVE and the most important thing in her life.

YES YES YES. I wanted her to stay mortal a little bit longer but I wanted them to get married sooon!

Yes I did. I think it would mean more to me if he did it if I were in her position. Only him, if possible, unless extreme circumstances lead it to be sooner and when he wasn't around.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Alphie wrote:1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?

1)Yes. Especially after what he did and said to her in the forest. Also, Bella never really thought Edward could love her - she never felt she was worth that.

2)a. The vote was fair. b.No. c.Yes. d.Yes.

3)No. I felt he wanted her forever too and marriage was the ideal choice in that matter. b.I could not understand her on this. She professes an eternal love for this man, and yet will not commit? I would.

4)a. YES. b.YES. c.No.

5)a. Oh yeah!!! No question in who would change her - Edward only. b. The only time I would have not been bothered by someone else is if Edward was not around her and she was in mortal danger and needed the transformation - now.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I thought Bella was being so stupid when she had her epiphany. It was like well DUH ! of course he loves you! At the same time I loved how she put her epiphany into words, it was really beautifully written and it one of my favorite parts of the whole book.

-I was happy the way the vote went, and yes I did understand Edward's reasoning, not that I agree with it. Rosalie's vote I expected, but I think I understood it better in Eclipse.

-Yes I was just as shocked as she was! Her reasons for saying no were so stupid though! I would've said yes in hearbeat (:

-I totally thought she should marry Edward! They love each other why not? I really really really wanted Bella to become a vampire like right away, but after I thought about it, I knew the Cullens were right in the way they decided to wait and plan things before they did it.

-Awh yes I wicked wanted Edward to be the one to change Bella! If it was somone else, it just wouldn't feel right you know? Like, if it was Edward who did, Bella would really be his, she would belong to him. He loved her enough to change her himself (:
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I thought that Bella was being a real idiot thinking that Edward could just stop loving her like that. I realized when he was planning on killing himself that he still held a deep love for her and I was just begging for Bella to realize it the whole time and move on to a different subject.

I understand why Edward doesn't want that life for Bella, but it doesn't stop me from disagreeing with him. I didn't really understand Rosalie's vote until I read her story in Eclipse. That was when it suddenly clicked and I understood why she voted against it. I agree with Carlisle that it is the only logical choise, especailly now that they have the Volturi on their tail.

Yes. It was very unexpected. I could understand why Bella said no because 1) she's still in highschool and 2) her mother married right out of highschool and ended up getting divorced. The idea of a marriage ending probably wasn't that frightening to her, but she grow up with constant lectures against getting married too young.

I was hoping that she's stay human a little while longer. After all, that was what made the series so interesing. But I was hoping for her to one day accept Edward's proposal and have him change her,

Of course I wanted Edward to be the one to do it. If anyone else were to do it, it wouldn't be as specail.
Pretty Alice
Settled in Forks

Post by Pretty Alice »

I do think that, after seven months of separation without so much as a phone call, Bella was justified in thinking she was dreaming or hallucinating. I also think that Bella was justified in thinking that Edward didn't love her. It was only self-preservation that kept her from really beliving that he did. She didn't want to believe it, only to find out he really didn't later and be torn apart again. After all that, I'm not surprosed that this fact stunned her.

I could understand the logic behind it if the vote went either way. Bella's becoming a vampire is something that was eventually necessary. I understand Edward's and Rosalie's logic. I actually made a post on the subject in the previous chapter's thread.
Edward was probably wondering why Bella wanted to become a vampire so badly when he was more than happy to provide other options and alternatives. He was probably also thinking that he would do anything to make sure Bella never had to go through the pain of the transformation, the everyday stuggle just to keep herself from killing the ones she loved (particularly Charlie, Mike, Angela, or Jessica), and the guilt that would haunt her for the rest of eternity if she ever did snap and kill somebody. One brief moment of weakness would be all it would take. Plus, If she were transformed that very night, she wouldn't be able to return to (or finish) high school. At least, not for a couple of years. In fact, she probably wouldn't be able to be around humans at all for at least the first year. Graduating from high school was one human experience that Edward knew Bella would miss if she were bitten then.
So, I really understand what Edward and Rosalie are getting at. I also think that Bella should have taken Edward and Rosalie's concerns seriously before making such a big decision. After all, Rosalie was trying to be nice at this point in the book. I think Bella should have found out why Edward was so opposed to it and why Rosalie thought it was something she wouldn't wish on Bella before she basically demanded that someone bite her.

At the same time, I also agree with Carlisle's logic. Edward cannot live without Bella. That much has been made perfectly clear. He was willing to kill himself when he heard that Bella was dead. Yet, if Bella remains human, she will eventually die. Whether it's a few months from now, a few years from now, or even many decades from now, she will die if she remains human. If she dies, Edward dies. Edward would probably build a bonfire and throw himself on top of it if Bella died and the Volturi refused to kill him. The rest of the Cullens don't want to go through that. They don't want to go through Bella dying, either. As Esme said, they already consider her part of their family.

I wasn't really all that stunned. I see where she's coming from, though. Renee and Charlie got married just out of high school and they ended up getting divorced.

I don't think Bella should be so against the idea of marrying Edward. I mean, if she's going to sacrifice her humanity just to be with him forever, I don't see how much worse marraige could possibly be. As far as waiting goes, I definately think she should wait a little bit. Not forever, but a little bit. I already gave my resons why.

I definately think that Edward should be the one to change Bella. Carlisle is very good at transfroming people without killing them. Plus, Carlisle has way more years of experience than anyone else. However, I think that Edward would be the best one to transform Bella. He would definately be the most careful, because the life of his true love and reason for living is on the line. I also think he would be the most gentle about it, because he wouldn't want to hurt her any more than is absolutely necessary.
teamedward9420
Settled in Forks

Post by teamedward9420 »

Bellas epiphany was easily one of my fav parts in the series. Although it took her a bit to trust edward I'm glad she did. Bellas always been a tad gullible and if she believed the lie that edward didn't want her anymore then i can see how she came up with the conclusion that maybe edward came back out of guilt not love.

I was just as suprised as Bella was about Jaspers vote, I like to know what was going through his head when he made his choice. I understand Edwards reasoning but don't neccesarily agree with it. I can understand where Rosalie is coming from, ecspesially when you here her story about when Carlisle changed her. I 100% agree with Carlisle. Hes right Edward has chosen not to live without her so what other chose does he have?

Not really i think we all saw it coming. But i ca nalso see where Bellas coming from. I mean she grew up learning that its silly to get married young but Bella and Edwards relatioonship is a whole lot different than Reene and Charlies was.

Yes i do think they should get married. I mean it was basically as if they were married already. Why not make it official. I think she should be a vampire as soon as possible i mean the was the deal they made. Why should they wait?

I would be okay if someone else changed her; however, I would much rather Edward do it than anyone else. It would just make it all the more special.
dulce92
Settled in Forks

Post by dulce92 »

I mean e left her and made her belive he didnt love her of course she was justified.

I agree with Carlisle it is the only logcal choice and Rosalie whines so mch its cruel.

I was stunned and if she loves him that much she should marry him. she wa sbeing silly

i would want to become a vampire as soon as possible too, but being human with edward shouldnt be that bad either

her reasoning isnt all that foolish. its edward i would want him to change me too.
Sheysh
Settled in Forks

Post by Sheysh »

I think Bella's epiphany was justified. I think we all have those moments when things that have been staring us in the face just sort of click. I think Bella is very young and also insecure, like most of us are, and the fact that Edward is so perfect does not help. Not just physically perfect, but also in every other way. Imagine having someone like that caring so much a bout you- protecting you and cherishing you to the point that he watches you sleep... I, personally, would be wondering the whole time how in the world something like that could happen to me, wondering where the catch was. Also, he did leave her for quite sometime, and she suffered a lot. So yes, I do understand why she would doubt the extent of his love for her. Even before he left I understand why she always thought she loved him more than he loved her...

I thought the vote was fair and I understood everyone's opinions. Yet, although I do understand Rosalies reasoning behind her vote and I felt for the way in which she was changed, I still think she should have voted yes. She did not have a choice, but Bella does and she had already made her choice. Voting no because of how things were for her was just not fair. I agreed with Carlisle as well. It would have never been safe for Bella to remain human at that point.

I was. I was not expecting it yet. But needless to say was sooo happy for her. I was annoyed when she said no, and her reasons felt ridiculous to me. She is not talking about a regular guy, or a regular life, or a normal relationship. This is Edward Cullen, he is a 108 year-old vampire and she wants to be a vampire herself...not to mention that at that point she already knew quite well that he is the love of her life - true love. How can you be afraid of getting married but not of becoming a vampire to spend eternity with someone...?

YES. I wanted her to marry him, because they love one another and because it would be easier for her family. I thought she should become a vampire right way for security reasons, but also because I completely understood her fear of getting older. I thought the longer she waited the more excuses Edward would try to come up with to keep her human...

YES. It would not mean the same if someone else changed bella. Not to mention the romantic notion of her life being in his hands again...him being the one to make her immortal, so they could spend eternity together.
May I PLEASE be the lamb???