A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 24 ~ Vote

Post by Tonya »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her? I thought it was about time she finally got it. I was so mad at her for believing him in the first place

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice? I was frustrated with Edward for being so stubborn about it. I honestly don;t believe Rose would have chose death if Carlisle had asked before her bit her. And yes it was the only logical choice Edward wants to be with Bella and she wants to be with him it's the only way they can truly be together forever. Her approaching death would always be hanging over their heads

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him? I was not stunned and I thought she was being stupid. She's willing to become a vampire to be with him forever but she won;t marry him. so stupid.

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer? I wanted them to get married and for her to become a vampire

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?Yes I wanted Edward to change her. For him to give her the "kiss to eternity" to make that choice himself would be the truest sign of his commitment to her.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?
This is a rubbish answer but I didn’t understand the epiphany! I enjoyed Edwards’s reaction though!

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
Yes I did agree with Carlisle! I think Edward knew it as well but he was so into saving Bella's "soul". I liked Rosalie in this chapter. I think what she had to say was valid. When you think about all the things Bella would be giving up regardless of Edward then it's a very big choice!

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?
Yes I was actually! I agreed with Bella's reasoning though! My mum would kill me as well not matter how in love I was!

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?
No, I don't think she should, like Edward argues she has a lot more human experiences to live through. A few more years wouldn’t hurt her!

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?
YEs I did want Edward to do it! It's just more romantic that way and that's why I loved the book, because of the romance!
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

1. What did you think of Bella's epiphany? Do you think she was justified in believing that Edward didn't love her and that the fact that he really did stunned her?
yes, but not for as long as she thought it was true. after that long i would have figured it out, but she seemed really sruborn to me! :lol:

2. How did you feel about the way the vote went? Did you understand Edward's reasoning? What about Rosalie's? Do you agree with Carlisle that it's the only logical choice?
i think it went well, someone would have changed her anyway, i saw that coming. both edward and carlisle's reasoning was understandable. as was rosalie's, but i thought it was a bit far fetched for her to choose so strongly.

3. Were you as stunned as Bella was when Edward asked her to marry him? How do you feel about Bella's reasons for saying no to him?
YES!! i almost dropped the book i was so stunned!! i was like bella "you're kidding right????" :?: :!:

4. At this point in the series - ignoring what you know from Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - did you think Bella should marry Edward? Did you think she should become a vampire as soon as possible? Or did you think she should stay mortal for a while longer?
i dont think there was a rush and she should stay human a while longer.

5. Did you want Edward to be the one to change Bella into a vampire? How would you feel if someone else were to change her?
i thought edward should change her, but i would be really cool for someone else, say carlisle or alice, to cange her. :D ;)
Betting on Alice.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I thought she was a bit of an idiot for thinking that he never loved her in the first place. :roll: I was relieved when she finall y cottoned on that he DID.

I understood both Edward and Rosalie's reasons (though I did feel sorry for her after, and for Carlisle when she basically said she didn't want to be changed) - and I agreed with Carlisle. From the second she met Edward I think the whole thing was set - she was becoming a vampire. Because there's no other way for them to be happy together, really.

Completely, jaw-to-the-floor, frozen in shock. Couldn't believe it. Bella's reasons seem hilarious, actually. If you think about it from a normal relationship, married at 18 seems ridiculous as she thinks it is - and yet this isn't a normal relationship, this is a vampire-human relationship... The fact that she's freaking out about getting married when she's willing to give up humanity altogether seems laughable.

I thought she'd marry him, yeah. Who could resist, really? Of course she had to. I figured she'd stay mortal for a while too, 'cause there were two more books in front of me and it didn't seem likely that Stephenie would write entire books of Bella the vampire.

Yeah, I wanted Edward to do it. It just seemed more... I don't know, personal, fate-ish, for Edward to do it. I'd have been terrified if Alice had changed her that something would go wrong, with poor Alice being so scared. But that would have been nice, because it sort of would have related them all. Though having Carlisle change her would have been nice too, like officially becoming a Cullen.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Duh Bella you love him...who wouldn't...yeah he left her pretty much bleeding and broken.

No I wans't surprised, Edwards reasoning was stupid, I didn't get Roses, and yeah I agree with Carlisle.

Yeah, and her reaction was weird i would of been like YES the second the words left his mouth.

YES!! and I thought she was gonna get turned in Eclipse.

Yeah, it just wouldn't be right if someone else did it.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I think that Bella truly couldn't beleive that Edward would love her, and so thats why she so readily believed him when he said he didn't want her in the beginning of the book. And then when she realised that he does actually truly love her, it was very sweet. I think she was actually stunned.

I think the vote went well. I can understand why Edward doesn't want her to be a vampire, but at the same time, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be with her forever! I also understand Roselie's reasoning, and that is actually quite nice of her to say no for the reason that she does. Tho,like Carlisle says, it does seem very logical for Bella to become a vampire, especially with the Voluri and Victoria coming after her, plus the fact that neither Bella nor Edward can live without one another. It makes a lot of sense for Bella to become a vampire.

I was incredibly shocked!! I was like "woooooooow!", I was so excited, I couldn't breathe! And then when she said no I was like "What?? Why Bella why??" :lol: Her reasons seem a little silly to me, but they are very Bella, so I guess they make perfect sense to her!

I wanted her to marry Edward. And I wanted her to become a vampire. But I think it made sense for her to finish school and stuff first, so I thought after graduation seemed like a perfect time.

Yeah I really wanted Edward to change her! I think it seems so much more romantic that way. Like he is saying, "I'll prove I want to be with you forvever" kinda thing.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Yes I do. She never thought she was good enough for him but then it all became clear to her that she was. Sometimes you force yourself to think things you know aren't true.

Edward is so unwilling to turn her into a vampire it's not surprising he would have the Volturi come there looking for her. I was neither surprised at Roslie's answer.. she hates being a vampire over a human. And Carlisle.. he's always wise.. I believe in everything he says lol

Completely shocked!! I couldn't believe THAT was how Edward asked her to marry him. But I guess he was trying everything he could to convince her to stay human for as long as possible.. I just thought it'd be so much more than that. It's typical Bella to react to a marriage proposal like that.. I understand the reasoning behind it.. it has nothing to do with the commitment, just the idea.

Of course I thought Bella should marry Edward! It has to be that way.. lol how can they not get married? I can see why turning her into a vampire as soon as possible would seem the best,.. but she shouldn't turn into one just because she's afraid or scared of people getting hurt.. it should be on the right terms with no fears.

It wouldn't be the same if someone else changed her. Edward changing Bella would.. bind them together so much closer..
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I would feel the same if I was her. If a vampire like Edward were in love with me, I would feel that I didn't deserve him, so I think it's kinda justified.

I understood Edward's anger, but I would have voted yes. I understood Rosalie's vote, but she and Bella are different persons, so I didn't think she should have compare herself to Bella that way, Bella obviously wanted to become a vampire. And I agreed with Carlisle.

OF COURSE I WAS! God, it took me off-guard! Seriously, I was with my mouth hanging open! First I thought Bella was right about saying know, I mean: what the heck! get married?, but then, as the conversation went on, I kept imagining it and was all : OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE GREAT!

I thought she should stay mortal for a while longer. I also thought she should marry him, it made perfect sense!

Of course I wanted to. He HAD to be the one, it would make her his!. If someone else were to do it... I don't know.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I thought she was stupid in thinking that he didn't love her.

No, I thought Edward was wrong about them being able to fight of the Volturi. Rosalie I also didn't understand and I definitely agreed with Carlisle.

Yes, I was absolutely stunned, didn't see that one coming. I understood her reasons to say now; but me: I would have screamed YES!

I thought she should have said yes immediately. And I did feel she should become a vampire sooner than later.

Personally, I didn't see the difference at this point.
Gochiruzeru

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Yeah, I think she had good reason to assume he didn't love her. He's a convincing lier, and he left her in the middle of the woods when he gave her the news.

I understand both Edward and Rosalie, but I also agree with Carlisle. If Bella is going to be with Edward forever, then they should be immortal together, too.

I wasn't stunned, since I knew it was coming. And, to be honest, I felt that Bella's reason for saying no was kind of stupid. I know that Renee and Charlie's marriage didn't last long, but Renee and Charlie simply weren't meant to be. It's clear that she and Edward ARE meant to be, so why would a legal marriage suddenly change that? If she wants to become a vampire to be with him for eternity, then marriage shouldn't be an issue for her.

I thought she should become a vampire and marry Edward as soon as possible.

I wouldn't mind if someone else changed her, as long as she was changed...But I did hope it would be Edward.