Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Chapter 23 ~ The Truth

Post by marielle »

oooooh I really love this chapter...
I'd cryed al the way through, I thought it was so sad for edward, that she didn't believe him...

1. it was so funny when bella thought that she was death...and edward couldn't convince her other wise...It would be every girl heaven with your one true love...wouldn't it?? :?:

2. I can't even remember he talked about odds... :oops: he must then have talked about the odds it wouldn't be bella's funeral.

3. bad plan all the way.... I don't understand why he had to be so smug about his plan... he can't hide Bella because he can't leave Bella, so the volturi would always find him.....he should have thought of that...

4. Edward was I believe shocked by Bella's decision but at the same time thinking of a way out of it...
Bella I think just had it with edward thinking only about what he want, and this was her way of showing him that it wasn't only about him anymore...as she said...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

1. When Bella thinks that she has died she states, "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me." What do you think she means by that?
Of course, she means Edward is much too good a person to go to hell.

2. In the part where Edward is telling Bella that he should have been more careful before he went to Italy, he says, "What was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?" Edward contemplates "the odds" what do you think he is thinking about then?
The odds always seem to be against them.

3. Edward has a plan for if and when the Volturi come to check on Bella. Do you think the Cullens would actually have a chance against them on their own?
Nope. I'm not saying the Volturi may not also suffer a signifigant loss, but the Cullens would certainly loose.

4. At the end of the chapter Bella decides to put her mortality to a vote. What do you think made her come to this decision? What is Edward thinking when he hears why she wants to go to his house?
It probobly dawned on her that there were other vampires that could change her, and if she did become a vampire, it wouldn't only be her and Edward for all eternity; she would be with the other Cullens too. Edward was probobly thinking what he said aloud; that he would humor her but had no intention of letting her become a vampire.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
xXButterflyXSkullsXx
Settled in Forks

Post by xXButterflyXSkullsXx »

1. When Bella thinks that she has died she states, "If I was in hell, you wouldn't be with me." What do you think she means by that?
I think in her eyes he's already an Angel.

2. In the part where Edward is telling Bella that he should have been more careful before he went to Italy, he says, "What was I supposed to think when the boy said Charlie was at the funeral? What are the odds?" Edward contemplates "the odds" what do you think he is thinking about then?
The odds of Bella being seen jumping off the cliff in Alice's vision and there being a death the same day that's not her.

3. Edward has a plan for if and when the Volturi come to check on Bella. Do you think the Cullens would actually have a chance against them on their own?
I'd say it would be a 50/50 chance. It could go either way for the Cullens.

4. At the end of the chapter Bella decides to put her mortality to a vote. What do you think made her come to this decision? What is Edward thinking when he hears why she wants to go to his house?
Bella puts her mortality to a vote because she wants to become something Edward hates. And i think it was her way of showing him that not only does she think its a good idea but also he's family that already loves her as there own.... except Rosalie of course. My guess is Edward think its pointless to do a vote because really it between them only. But obviously he was wrong.
My Baby's father is a vampire...The other is a werewolf.

Team Switzerland -- Team Alice -- Team Esme -- Team Renesmee
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

Exactly what she said.. haha Her life has been hell for the last several months because Edward was gone. Her heaven is Edward.. and she'd rather go to hell if that's where Edward would be. I think she made a refrence to it but I can't think of the page.

Romeo and Juliet.. He used to think Romeo made mistake after mistake but the odds were always stacked against them.

Maybe if they had Bella.. haha but at this point, no I do not think they would because of Jane's ability.

She knows Edward won't change her ever,.. so eventually the Volturi will come for the Cullen family, and that affects all of them,.. so she thinks she can go against Edward with his family. It's the fair way of doing things,.. but not if she plans on spending eternity with Edward lol
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Well, the obvious! She sees hell as a place where Edward is absent. I was kind of: Bella, at what time will you realize that you're not dreaming? Please, girl! Quickly!

The obvious as well. Bella is soooo clumsy and gets into trouble so much, that her death was caused because of her "suiciding".

Not really. As Bella, I thought his plan was sick. And I was also tired of Edward being against of Bella becoming a vampire.

I think she was right about the fact that this wasn't just their problem, it was also of all the Cullens. If the Volturi came to fight because of it, they wouldn't fight just with Edward. I think Edward was really angry, and nervous because he knew that some of his family members would vote yes to Bella's petition. Although he says that doesn't change anything, he knows it's a great deal.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

She doesn't believe Edward will go to the hell when he dies, she believes he will go to the heaven. So, if she was dead and in hell, he wouldn't be there.

I think he thought that after hearing that Bella went cliff diving, he calls and hears there is a funeral, off course it's Bella who died. Who else?

No, I don't think so.

I think Edward already thought of an other solution, so he didn't think the rest would agree in her becoming a vampire. Bella did it to let Edward know that she's not the only one who thinks it best if she becomes a vampire.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

That hell for her is not having Edward.

He's thinking about how he thought it was Bella's funeral, but it turned out to be Harry's. What are the odds that Bella jumped off a cliff, but didn't die?

Not even a bit. They're far outnumbered, and the Volturi are much older than the Cullens, and probably have more knowledge than they do.

After being away from Edward for so long, she wants to be a vampire even more so that way there's no way they could ever be apart again. And since Alice admitted that she would do it if she could, Bella feels more confident that there's a way to become a vampire if Edward continues to refuse. Edward was most likely furious when he found out about the vote.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Bella believes that Edward has a soul and she knows that he is a good person.

There is obviously the Romeo and Juliet allusion. Edward can be arrogant at times, and would never have thought that he could have made such horrific mistakes. He is feeling very humbled by the circumstances that led him to take such rash actions that he is now comparable to the Romeo character, who he had ridiculed before.

The Cullens don’t have a prayer. They may be able to take a few of the Volturi out, but they would be completely exterminated in the process.

There are two major developments by this point. The first is that Edward is back and has vowed to never leave Bella again, and that is a very good thing for her. Unfortunately, they are back now to their original impasse. Bella never wants to leave Edward, and she does not want him to die when she dies. Bella sees no point in becoming a vampire without having Edward there, so it isn’t that she disdains her humanity, she just sees no other way. Edward is perfectly happy with leaving her human, however. Despite everything that this couple has gone through, they have come back around full circle, and Edward is, once again, calling all of the shots when it comes to their relationship. I think that Bella is fully justified in wanting something more now; she is no longer satisfied with the status quo (deliriously happy with Edward back, YES, but where is the progress?). There is a small part of her that is still convinced that Edward might leave again if he thinks that is best for her.

The second major development is the promise extracted from Edward and Alice by the Volturi. This is completely the responsibility of Edward, no one else’s. There is no longer any choice except to either change Bella or accept that she will be killed by the Volturi (or they may possibly change her themselves and then keep her).

Bella sees clearly that Edward’s option is no longer viable. Edward is in denial. Bella’s decision to take the issue before the Cullens for a vote isn’t so much about becoming a vampire as it is to force Edward to accept the consequences of his actions. Bella is stepping up as an equal partner in this relationship, and is no longer going to allow Edward to keep calling all of the shots. Bella is also acting very shrewdly by putting her foot down at the exact moment when her stock is riding the highest it has ever been in the Cullen household.

Edward is counting on Carlisle to side with him, so he is confident that things will still go his way. He is in for a big surprise!
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

That she doesn't think Edward could ever go to hell.

He's, as he then says, remembering his criticism of Romeo and Juliet and how he had previously thought Romeo was to blame for what happened. Now he is rethinking. Perhaps he agrees with Murphy: what can go wrong, will go wrong.

No way. You don't get that powerful by accident. That was pretty clear without reading the events of Breaking Dawn.

She clearly thinks that a majority decision by other vampires now at risk because of what happened might force Edward's hand, especially since she now knows that Alice thinks it's the best thing. She's hoping the others will agree with her. I think Edward realises, knowing her, that she's going to talk to them at some stage whether he likes it or not, and so his resistance crumbles fairly quickly. Best to get it over with, especially since he's determined that it won't make any difference.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

-Because she firmly believes that there's no way Edward wouldn't be going to heaven..she thinks there's far too much good in him for that.

-He meant the odds that Charlie would be at a funeral that wasn't hers...he should've confirmed the story more thoroughly.

-By Jane alone and knowing how good of a tracker Felix is, no way. They're just too strong.

-She does it so Edward can't back out of the deal. She knows that there's a chance he could leave again if he thinks it's too dangerous for her, especially now with the Volturi being on their case. By presenting the whole ordeal to the family, it gives her the leverage she needs so that Edward can't go back on the deal they made with the Volturi. I don't know what he's thinking about when she says she wants to go to his house, perhaps to see Alice and harass her about her vision of Bella becoming one of them?