A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Race

Post by pennybug84 »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge? Yes I was a little worried as to why Alice felt like she needed to lie to Jasper.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi? Evil Royalty.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions? Not really.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that? A little but I knew Edward would be VERY UPSET

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life? A little but not much (again when I first read it Eclipse was out so I knew there was a still another book)
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
Yes, because it made me realise that what they were doing was more dangerous than it seemed. I thought she'd go there and get Edward.. I didn't realise it was more difficult and complicated than that.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
That they are knowledgeable, unpredictable... and very dangerous. And you have to obey them.. Vampire royalty

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
Not reaaalllyyyyy.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
I knew Edward would go ballistic. But I think It might make him think it over again, because It might be a possibility that she does get turned into a vampire, and Edward knows that.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
No, because I know he would get stopped. I knew they would get there in time. You can't kill Edward off =[
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
..I was reading so fast now, I probably just thought, "Whatever, everything will be fine, EDWARD WILL BE BAAAACK NOOOOWWWW!!!!"
2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
I thought they were very formal and nice and fair, but you get the impression that under that they really are very...mm...greedy and envious and they only put on a good show..
3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
Eclipse was out. There was still plenty of the book left. I am very loyal to Edward and Bella and have stubbornly never considered them dying.
4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
It makes me a little happier, I figured since Edward obviously still loves her, as I believed all along, he would be very mad and probably considering ripping Alice to pieces.
5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
Not really. I always just keep believing that they will be fine. They have to end up alive, together and happy. I'm kind of 'psychic' so I just know things, and they usually just happen that way. I honestly wasn't worried about him.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I was on edge..But I had to belive that they would make it.

Clearly, they are very dangerous, with a lot of power.

No so much. I expected that she would not want to live anymore if Edward died, like he couldn't live without her.

I was counting on Bella becoming a vampire sooner or later, so it didn't really change my view on their future. Edward would be sooo mad.

I was so stressed out. I hoped (and kind of knew) that everything would be alright, but still, it was very tense. I hardly breathed while she ran.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Yes

Lethal and dangerous are words for children compared to the Volturi

Not really. She would've done all that she could have. She already said her goodbye when she drowned.

Optimistic-yes, Edward would NOT be happy.

Yes
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
heytwilighterrr
Settled in Forks

Post by heytwilighterrr »

I was fiercely scared for their lives when she said this. At first, I was confused, and I had to re-read it to fully get the gist of it. And I realized she fully didn't know what was going to happen next, which puts everyone on edge.

Obviously, I was frightened by then. Especially when Alice had told Jacob before that "they are the substance of your nightmares". I would not be feeling too jolly about a group of vampires to being with, but add that to the mix, and my hair will be standing on edge, too, Jacob! Other than that, I tried to see them as vampires do; as protectors. But you get a sense as Alice continues that it is something more than just that. Which leaves me questioning their motives, not that I question vampire's motives often or anything...Haha.

It didn't frighten me at all. If I were to lose Edward, I would think my life would be over, as well, and my next thought process would be how I could get myself to be with him again, and somewhat relieved to know that I wouldn't be far behind him either. We learn from Alice that it would be a quick end for Bella, as she would smell too delicious to really punish. However, I would feel horrible for what would be coming for Alice, too. I can't just let myself drown in pity when I know my best friend is about to suffer, as well.

My heart was racing when I first heard her say that she should just change Bella herself, and I oddly wanted her to bite her right there, too, when Bella asked her to. But Alice has a point, she'd be writhing in pain for too long. And I have a feeling it wouldn't be so easy for Bella to be changed because when does anything become easy for Bella in this series. My hopes aren't too high yet.

Yes, absolutely. Alice had no idea what was going to happen next, so all of us really did feel blind. I wish that he couldn't read minds so that Alice could really tell him what was really going on; that Bella was alive and that there was nothing to be done in Italy. She was save, and he needed to be, too. But there's no saying he wouldn't believe her anyways. Losing someone like that breaks one into pieces, and nothing makes sense from there on. So I understand why Edward was planning this. It was just so frightening.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

yes!! i was freaking out!! alice, lie, and jasper should never be in the same sentence! :!:

i was very very intimidated and i thought they wouldnt make it, taken alice's promise/lie...

i was like, "no bella! dont do it!!" once again, i was freaking out!!

i found it very funny that alice would seriously do something like that and be brave enough to stay in the same room with edward!

who wouldnt be??! :!: :?:
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge? yes

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi? grr they suck

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions? I couldn't blame her Life without Edward was not working for her. Dying trying to save him had it's plus sides

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that? I was so happy Alice decided this I think it was all really rediculous too. Why isn't she a vampire already?? I knew Edward would be upset

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life? Of course
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Even further on edge, yeah. I knew she'd save Edward in time, but I knew something would go wrong - and Alice saying that she'd lied to Jasper seemed like really bad foreboding to me.

Felix seemed like a sexist moron, and I despised Jane. I actually kinda liked Demetri, because he seemed more civil than the rest. Aro scared me, because I almost liked him, and that's clearly not a good idea. Caius needed to take a chill pill and Marcus intrigued me. Alec was creepy, with his boy features and old man personality. As a whole, I can understand completely why they were feared. I wouldn't want that lot in their colour coded cloaks approaching ME in a dark narrow Volterra alley.

It frightened me yeah, but not because of the Romeo and Juliet thing. I knew they'd make it out alive. But exactly how serious she was over this scared ten shades out of me. This was dramatic. Everything she'd lived through, and only now is she getting suicidal?

I was glad that she had other options instead of waiting for Edward to come around to doing it. I knew he'd be mad, though, and stomp his foot a bit. I hoped he wouldn't cause arguments with it.

5) Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
I knew that Bella would save him, so not really. There was still some adrenaline urging Bella faster just in case, though.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Yeah I wondered what was so bad about what they were gonna face that Alice might not be able to get out.

I was scared and fasinated.

Yeah, I thought she was still gonna die and then Edward would get himself killed :(

I was so super happy that Bella was gonna be changed. He was Edward he over reacted like always.

YES!
**Kathryn**