A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Race

Post by flo1190 »

1) yeah, that made me feel really scared for them. the way she said it put me on edge

2)i really didnt like them. i hate people who give themselves authority, and the way was aro was nice but deadly made me so annoyed with them

3) it frightened me in the way that she would even think like that. and the way it comforted her to think that she can die so easily really made me realise how she really couldnt live without him

4) i never for one minute believed that alice would change bella. not that she was lying, but i really cant imagine it happening that way so it never bothered me that much. edward would not be pleased

5) no cause i knew that he would never be killed off.
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
Yes! I was very worried about the outcome, especially since Alice was so unsure. The odds did not look good...

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
I really did not like them. They were so creepy, and horrible, horrible people! Although, they do seem really good at what they do, especially "collecting" vampires with gifts. That is quite a genius idea! But, nope, I don't like them.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
I kind of expected it knowing that Bella couldn't live without Edward, especially since what she went through last time losing him. Althoughy I did not expect it, I was still frightened by it.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
I knew while reading New Moon that there was another 2 books, so I assumed that everyone made it. Tho I began to think that maybe Alice would turn Bella into a vampire and thats how the other books would be. So in a way , I was pretty excited cos I really wanted Bella to be a vampire. I think Edward would have been furious!

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
Very much!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
Very much so! Alice sees the future and her connection with Jasper is so strong,.. I'm actually surprised Alice is even risking it.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter. What were your first impressions of the Volturi?
Scary for sure. The royal family.. even though they are suppose to be the good guys who keep the peace.. they just sound frightening.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out." Did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?

Not really frighten me,.. just it seems like what would happen in this situation. Bella going to save Edward and being late.. it's a whole different situation then him just leaving her.

4) Alice promises to change Bella. Did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
I"m sure Edward would flip the handle. I don't think it'd feel right if Alice was the one who did change Bella,.. but she has a good point of this "all getting a little out of hand"

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion. Were you afraid for his life?
I kept thinking that it might be. And then Bella would get killed by the Volturi and Alice would make it home safely to Jasper somehow.
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him. Did this put you on edge?
It did! It just got me more nervous.

I thought they were really creepy. Like the average vampire. When I kept reading I thought they were pretty cool, but that didn't make them stop being creepy.

Yes, it did! It worried me that she was thinking that way.

It made me optimistic for the future, and I was sure Edward would be very very mad when he found out that.

Of course! But I knew he wasn't going to die, he couldn't! I was just really nervous because we were going to see him again.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I already was on edge.

I didn't like them.

Nope, I knew she wouldn't die.

I think Edward would be mad. I was glad she would become a vampire.

No, I didn't think he would die.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Not really, I was pretty sure everything was going to turn out fine.

Very civilized, but imperious, with a hard-liner edge to them.

In this particular instance I think Bella was dead serious. I didn't think things were gong to end badly, but if things did go bad I could see Bella not wanting to go on anymore. That is sad to contemplate, but it also means that Bella doesn't particularly care about becoming a vampire just for the sake of it; she doesn't see any point to it without having Edward with her.

I took this to mean that Alice knows something that Bella doesn't. She knows that Edward is hopelessly in love with Bella, and she has simply had enough of them being apart and in pain, and that it's time to just get it over with. Edward's reaction to that presumes that both he and Bella and Alice are alive to argue about it. I think his perspective will change somewhat if everyone makes it through.

Not really, I always thought things were going to turn out well.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Yeah, it definitely made the situation look way more intense.

They seemed pretty threatening. I didn't like them much at all.

Again, I just think it's sad that she's so willing to die.

I knew that she wouldn't be changed for a while, but I definitely liked hearing Alice say that. I knew that Edward wouldn't be very happy at all, though.

I knew he would live.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Nope. The preface made it clear this was dangerous. And I never thought that SM would kill everyone off.

That they sound like formidable enemies.

Nope. See my answer to question 1.

I thought Edward wouldn't be happy, but I too, felt that it was the best course of action considering how Bella was without Edward. I never thought that her staying with Edward as a human was an option that would work.

No. See my first answer.