Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 17 ~ The Visitor

Post by Alphie »

Questions by Cocoa:

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack?

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Visitor

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?
I seriously thought it could be Edward, but he would have been in her room, not the living room. And no, I was totally thrilled when it was Alice!!

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack?
No, because I'd never thought super highly of them anyway, aside from the fact that they wanted to kill Victoria. I think my loyalty to the Cullen's is a bit like hero-worship though, lol.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?
I think her parents were nowhere near justified in admitting her to an asylum and it really made me sad to think about.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?
I've always thought Charle was a good parent, so this just reinforced it. I did think it was weird for him to talk about it with Alice, who is Edward's sister...

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence?
I think that would have sucked. It must have made her a little less confident only because there was no guarantee that her visions would show the endings she was looking for anymore.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Sunshine
Settled in Forks

Post by Sunshine »

I was hoping it was Edward, but in a way I also knew it wasn't. I think it was actually better that it was Alice.

No, I don't think so. I already didn't really like a lot of the members of the pack. Jacob, Quil, Jared and Embry I liked, but I didn't really like Sam, Paul or Emily. So by the time Alice reacted to the news, I already disliked them.

I thought Alice's history was good. It wasn't too out of this world and impossible, but it wasn't boring and normal either. I don't know if I necessarily thought her parents were barbaric. Considering how the world was back then, they could have been crueler. That doesn't mean I agree with what they did though.

I think Charlie is very protective. Bella is all he has and we really got to see that in this chapter. He cares about her a lot more than he shows, but then again I think he needs to let go.

To me it seemed like Alice was feeling a bit useless and much less confident. We got to see more of this in Eclipse. I also think she really worried over Bella, because she knows that Bella is friends with Jacob and will want to spend time with him, which means Alice wouldn't be able to see Bella's future all the time.
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

well i thought it would be victoria, because she said something about, '..then a light switched on' or something like that?
i thought she was referring to victoria's flame hair.

No, because i already knew the vamps and werewolves had this prejudice against each other.

Yes barbaric, but who knows, at the point of time, it may have been their only choice into put her in the asylum.
OH and i think the significance of alice's date of death being the same as the date she was admitted in the asylum is that once they put her there, shes known as to have left. good as dead.

i figured it was only right. the only person living with you in the house moping everyday is definitely not a pleasant sight.

It greatly diminished her confidence. For so many decades, she counted on her vision. Just like us, imagine us being completely blind whenever someone comes close.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

I think because it was his car, I was expecting Carlisle. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't Edward but happy that it was Alice.

Meh. Not really.

It would be nicer to know more of Alice's history and it's sad that there isn't much for her to find. I don't think it was barbaric, necessarily, but back then there wasn't much knowledge in the way of mental illness or anything like that so, it's hard to judge without knowing all the facts.

If anything, it made him more endearing. We don't get to see alot of Charlie or his emotions so it was a nice, welcome change.

She definitely doesn't like it! And as Alice's visions aren't always exactly "accurate", this makes it more difficult for her because it's something she can't see at all. I would compare it to being blind almost.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

yes = /

no

i don't even know...

it dindn't lol

i think ti made her doubt herself even more,
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I expected it to be Carlile, but it didn't surprise me that it was Alice. It made me happy. I didn't expect Edward.

What? No.

No I don't think Alice's parents were barbaric. The furthur back in history you go, the worse people with any kind of differences were treated. I am glad to know a little about Alices history. I wouldn't mind knowing more really. I like her.

When I first read the book... I just didn't get charlie as anything more than a flat character. As I just finished reading it for the seconf time, it does not change my feelings for Charlie but I do like him more and find him a bit more rounded than I gave him credit for. I didn't like the Charlie until BD where he bacame a real person for me.

I think it hurt her confidence. I think it disturbs her!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1) I just read through, so I didn't really think abotu it. But I had a feeling it was a Cullen, but maybe not Edward.

2) Nope.

3) Back then, or when Alice was alive, things were different. I do not think they are barbaric.

4) Charlie is not one of my favorite characters, so I never really gave thought to his character. I never really have changed my thought on him, even then.

5) Alice seems to have quite a bit of confidence, so even if it was hurt, there is still some there.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i was definitely hoping for edward but i didnt think it would be him. i pretty much assumed either carlisle, cus it was his car, or alice because she was bella's best friend.

somewhat, but i figured that her reaction to the werewolves would be the same as jacob's reaction to vampires. they obviously both dislike each other.

i dont think they were barbaric, it was a part of those times. and i just thought it was very sad for alice. even though she doesnt remember. and i definitely disagree with the choice of putting her in the asylum.

well i already knew charlie was a great parent. i also knew how much he cared for and loved bella. this just showed how worried he was about her and what she was really like after edward left.

i think alice felt a lot less confident knowing she couldnt see anything in the future so long as the werewolves were a part of it. and she also learns that bella is very close to jacob so that means it'll be a lot harder for her to keep track of bella.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I was hoping it was edward, apart from him i didn't know who to expect. yes i was brutally disappointed that it wasn't him but all the same glad it was Alice.

Nope, prejudices so predictable.

No those were different times and who knows why exactly they did what they did, don't judge unless you have the full story.

It almost made me cry, reading the way she slowly self-destructed.

Not very well, knowing there are holes in her sight.