A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 17 ~ The Visitor

Post by golden x sunshine »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?
-I was fully expecting to see Edward in the house. I was very disappointed when it wasn't him ):

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack?
-No, not really. My opinion of them wasn't that good to begin with. It just sort of confirmed some of my thoughts.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?
-Alice's story was sad ): I hate thinking of sweet little Alice like that. I don't think her parents were barbaric, just that they didn't know how to deal with Alice's visions, not that what they did was right by any means.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?
-AWH! It just made me love him more ! It was sooo sweet. We thought this whole time he didn't notice Bella's pain, but it turns out he knew everything from the beginning.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence?
-I think it effected her confidence just a little bit. Alice hates being blind, so it definetly made her feel a tiny bit less confident when it came to her visions.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
Oh Rosalie!
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Harper's Island. Hiding from John Wakefield and Henry Dunn.

Post by Oh Rosalie! »

1) dr. carlisle cullen, yes. i thought this is the time that bella is going to see edward again but no.

2) hmm, not really

3) complicated and sad

4) he is a very protective father and he doesn't want anything to happen to bella

5) she doesn't want to be powerless
Kimmygirl23
Settled in Forks

Post by Kimmygirl23 »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?
I expected Carlisle, but was happy it was Alice. I didn't expect Edward at all so no need for disappointment

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack?
Not really

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?
Alice's history is awe full, I can't imagine what she might have gone true, it's terrible...and her parents?? how could they do that to her...I mean I know it was in a time where people thought differently and where scared by the things they can't explain, but she was still their daughter!!!

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?
I already thought highly of Charlie, I liked him, and I knew he is a good dad under it all

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence?
she counts on her vision, it's her thing, something she can rely on, and that's gone, it def affected her confidence
~TEAM EDWARD~
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

Carlisle. It was his car after all. I expected Carlisle so I wasn't disappointed when it wasn't Edward.

Nope.

At first, yes. But then I thought that maybe Alice was really crazy during her life and that they might have thought it had been the right thing to do for her.

I already knew he was concerned about Bella, but I didn't know he was so insightful in her feelings.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this affected Alice's confidence?
She looses some more of her confidence in her sight. She makes little remarks that make me feel she truly hates not knowing exactly what's happening.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward? I knew it wasn't dramatic enough for it to be Edward, but I was disappointed when it wasn't.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack? No, I didn't like them anyway too much.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric? I found her history interesting. For the time, I don't find her parents barbaric because that's all they knew how to do.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent? He cares, but he doesn't know what to do all of the time, it's new to him.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence? It was definitely a blow to her.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

either Carlisle or Victoria. I was a little dissapointed it wasn't Edward, but Alice is better than no one.
~i wondered what Alice knew that Bella didn't.
~I loved hearing of Alice's history. VERY FASCINATING!!:) her parents weren't barbaric, they just didn't know what to do.
~he was a more emotional person than i had thought.
~ it boosted her confidence because she trusts her visions.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

i knew it wasnt gonna be Edward that much i knew. it made sense it was Alice though

no, not really but i wondered if alice knew something that bella hadnt found out yet.

it made me sad really. i was like who would do that to their child?

it didnt really affect my opinion cuz i had always thought of charlie as a good parent. this just made me feel really sympathetic towards him

its like this mustve affected Alice in a way. i dont think she was used to not being able to "see" people.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward? I was hoping for Edward, so naturally, I was disappointed that it wasn't him.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack? A little bit.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric? I was sad because Alice is such a good person, and for someone to do that to their own daughter is just plain awful.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain over Bella. How did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent? It made me see him as a more caring person.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves. How do you think this effected Alice's confidence? It obviously put her down.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I was very disappointed it wasn't Edward, but he wouldn't have left his car out there like that. I actually excected it to be Alice or Esme.

No

I'm still puzzled on this. It states she died the day she was in the asylum. I wonder how and why?? I can't see Alice being a nutjob at all. I find her parents appaling, but back then they condemned ppl for little things so who knows?

We still don't seem to know much about charlie, but I do respect him alot. I'm glad he knows more than Bella gives him credit for. He is much more a parent to her than Renee. Don't get me wrong, I like renee...but Bella was like the parent to her.

I beleive it freaked her out a little bit.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

When Jacob first noticed the smell I really thought it was Victoria. But, then after Bella saw the car I thought it was probably Carlisle. I figured he was checking up on Bella or had heard about Harry and came to see how Charlie was doing. I didn't expect Edward, I figured there was a better chance of it being Victoria.

No her reaction didn't taint my opinion. We already know that vampires and warewolves are enemies so it seemed natural that Alice would have an aversion to Jake.

I was sad for Alice, but at the same time happy that she finally had some answers. Since we don't know anything about her parents I don't know if I should dislike them or not. It would have been a very bad thing for Alice and her family if people found out Alice had "visions" of the future. Other people would not have accepted that and I'm sure her parents were not keen on the idea either. However, I think it was wrong to put her in a hospital and then have her declared dead. That seems a ridiculous.

This part made me realize how much Charlie actually sees and just doesn't acknowledge. He obviously sees more than I gave him credit for. He isn't as clueless as I or Bella thought. It was heart breaking to hear how worried Charlie was about Bella.

I'm sure it knocked her off her game. To live with this power for so long, learning to trust it, and then learning that it's faulty would shake anyone. I'm sure she probably started to question her abilities because she couldn't see the wolves, and consequently coudln't see Bella surviving cliff diving.