A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Pressure

Post by golden x sunshine »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
-I thought that maybe Victoria would like try to come back kill Bella, but the Cullens would be there to save her, or something like that.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?
-I didn't really think that much about it to be honest, haha.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
-Jake was probably disgusted because he hates vampires anyway, so one of them biting Bella probably made him very mad.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
-I definetly think Bella should've kept some of that information to herself. She didnt do it on purpose, but by telling Jake about the Cullens special talents, she was betraying their trust a little.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
-I was like no Bella don't ! haha, even though i knew she wasn't going to die it still made my heart beat faster. It was sad when she said goodbye to Edward ): that was hard to read
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
Nothing really. Just that Victoria probably wouldn't succeed in killing Bella just like James didn't succeed last spring break.

I thought it wasn't true. He is a protector by nature, not a monster. He is supposed to save people from the real monsters (human killing vampires) and doesn't feel the urge to kill any humans. His personality remains the same after changing into a werewolf so I don't see how he would be a monster.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I think he was thinking something along the lines of: "If I had been a werewolf at the time it wouldn't have gotten that far. I would've ripped that vampire apart in a billion pieces even before he got think about killing her." :lol: He probably also blamed Edward and the Cullens for not keeping Bella save enough, I imagine.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I think she did the right thing.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
No, there were still a lot of chapters to come. I thought her funeral wouldn't take all those pages. :wink:
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

I just hoped that Victoria didn't get as close to her as James did. Becasue that was a close, close call.

Well...technically he is. But he is not a monster from the prespective that he sees himself.

I think he was thinking a string of profanities LOL and then said what he thought, how come you are not one them now?

At this point Bella's doesn't know if she will ever see any of the Cullens again..so why would it matter? Plus...even if the pack knows about their abilities, I dont really think they would have a chance of beating the Cullen coven. (if it ever came down to that, but that's why there is a treaty)

Yea...It definitely looked that way. I thought she was nuts for jumping the cliff.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen? I thought there might be a vamp show down which would result in Edward returning.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster? Yeah, you're a monster buddy.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time? I think he had a lot of disgust going on, and disgruntled respect for Edward.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information? I wish she wouldn't have, it made me worry.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die? I thought that Edward would come a save her. The whole scene made me cry.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~i felt a strange scent of deja vu.
~it reminded me of Edward.
~ i bet he was thinking bad thoughts towards Edward, for not saving her.
~ i wish she didn't, in case Edward ever did come back. Which stirs up problems, because he does.
~ I was freaking out!! I knew she wouldn't die, but I didn't know how she would be saved. I started crying when she told Edward goodbye.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen? That there would be another showdown, but there would be no Edward to save her.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster? He needed to lighten up on himself.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time? He responded approprately, considering that he's a wolf. He was probably mentally freaking out.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information? I think that she shouldn't have given them that much informaton.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die? I was hoping that Edward came back. I was wrong. (again, again) I cried. (again, again)
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

Well we already knew that Victoria was coming after Bella because of what happened to James. I figured something similar might happen. Though, this time, I wasn't sure if it would be the Cullens or the Wolves who had to save Bella.

I didn't agree with him, obviously hes not a monster the way he means. But, I can understand why he might be so hard on himself. He didn't ask to become a wolf, and he knows there is a chance he could hurt someone by simply losing his temper. I don't think I'd be very comfortable with that either, if I were the one turning into a wolf.

It is part of Jake to hate vampires, and I think he was extremely pissed off that one of them bit Bella. He didn't want to think about her being a vampire or being in danger of becoming a vampire and that made him mad. I was a little nervous at the time because we already know that if he loses control he can phase to a wolf, and in the process hurt or kill Bella.

She mentioned something about feeling like a spy and I can see her point. But, the things she told Jake weren't something the Cullens could keep from the Wolves for long. The way Alice can predict the future is probably the only thing that could have been kept a secret. Bella didn't think the Cullens were ever coming back so it didn't really matter what she told Jake at that moment. In the long run, know what the outcome is, I don't think it mattered anyway.

I really didn't think it was a good idea for her to be cliff diving, especially with the weather the way it was. I wasn't surprised that she saw Edward. Her brain was being cut off from oxygen and that is what she wanted to see more than anything. Normal people would have been picturing fond memories and family in near death experiences. Bella just wanted to see Edward. I didn't think she was going to die mostly because there were two more books sitting in front of me lol. I figured she'd come close to death...because that seems to be her thing, and then someone would save her.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I anticipated alot of drama and that Edward would be invovled

I thought of Edward b/c he called himself this too. Gosh..they have a hard time dealing!!!

I def. wasn't surprised he reacted that way, but I think he had just a hair of respect for Edward since he saved her life practically..well human life. ;)

I was surprise she would tell this much info. I'm very torn on if she should or shouldn't. I think she should b/c they have to keep an open mind that victoria might have these extra abilities as well..they can't undermind her. I think she shouldn't b/c in a way I felt it was a betrayal to the cullens..since Bella herself isn't even supposed to know that stuff.

I thought she was flipping crazy, but that's Bella..unpredictable. I knew she would def. have something relating to Edward if she jumped off the cliff...it was neat to hear what she was thinking or imagining I guess you could say. I did not think she was going to die...SM wouldn't have let that happen.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
MySunJB21
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MySunJB21 »

Stephenie does a great job at foreshadowing events to come in the book (the dream at the beginning for example with Edward in the sunlight) so I knew that something was going to happen, however, the first time I read it my thoughts went straight to Bella.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?Jacob was never interested in being a mystal creature, he would just as well been the gangly kid in his garage. He was trying to see himself from Bella's eyes.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?He reacted the way I expected him to. He loves her, why wouldn't he have the immidate reaction to feel angry and protective. He bascially says what he is thinking "how is she still human?" However I think after Bella tells him Edward saved her, he really didn't want to hear that. He wants Edward to be the monster.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?I don't think she gave too much away, even though she knows the pack will know, she trusts Jacob and feels that he wouldn't use this new information against her.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?When I first read New Moon I LOVED when Edward said "Bella" and she answered "Yes?"...I said it out loud with her!....I thought she was doing what she needed to do to be with Edward, even if all other judements went out the window. When she could phsycialy see Edward I remember thinking that she was dieing, but not going to die. I didn't put it together that Jacob would be the one to save her, but I didn't see her dieing.

Banner and Avator by the talented ForJazz
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I thought Edward would appear and rip Victoria's stupid head off.
Ha. He is a monster. A relationship ruiner monster. I'm glad he realises that now ^^.
He was probably thinking that it's too dangerous for her to be around Vampires.. and is probably wondering if Edward might do the same one day if he gets angry...
I don't think she should've told him just yet. I think she should only tell Jacob if he NEEDS to know. It felt like she was betraying Edward in a way.. by telling Jacob personal things about the Cullens
I wasn't angry at her, I could understand that she was torn apart, and there was too much happening and she needed to let go and just do something.. anything to hear the voice of the person she loved and wanted so much. Sure, I thought it was silly, but thats Bella. I'd do anything to hear Edwards voice :mrgreen: I didn't think she would die.. I actually thought Edward would come and stop her... And when she heard Edwards voice.. I actually thought he was there and I got excited.. but it was just his voice. Didn't expect Jacob to save her.. O well.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart