A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 15 ~ Pressure

Post by futurevampire »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
..I figured she had just made an interesting comparison. And I was thinking the Cullens would come back and Victoria would die. :D
2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?
That he is not a monster. Wolves aren't monsters, and he protects people.
3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I think he was thinking how horrible and disgusting that is and he probably got so mad. I can understand his point of view, I expected him to act like that.
4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I thought she should have, she didn't think they would ever come back, and if they were fighting vampires they should know they could have abilities like that and be prepared. I didn't see anything wrong with her telling him.
5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
..Well then what would happen to the rest of the book, right when the plot is getting ready for more stuff to happen? And what on earth would #3 be about??? I figured Edward would come and save her.
I was enjoying myself. I was amused by her insanity. I was thinking, 'Ha, Edward, in your face. See what happens when you do this to her?? Not safe, come back NOW.'
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
Eventually she'd break the line and get to Bella

For once he got something right!

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
That the shock of it was going to change him and something like what happened to Emily was about to happen to Bella, though not as severe. He thought she was a vampire.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
Betrayed. She should not have.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
Yeah.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Well, I just figured that Victoria was back to finish what James failed to do. And that Bella was in great danger. And I felt hopeful that Edward would come back, and save her this time as well.

It's understandable that he thought like that. Being a werewolf wasn't something he asked for. He turned into this huge animal from time to time, and he had to struggle to control it. I think he pretty much felt like his whole life was forever changed, and not in a positive way.

Very as to be expected. It is a scary story, and she came really close to dying. It also builds on his hate for vampires. He was also probably thinking that Bella could have become a vampire that day.

I think she shouldn't have. It was none of his business. And if the pack were to some day attack the Cullens, they would have the advantage. They would know that they should take out Edward and Alice first. In her defense, she believed that the Cullens weren't ever coming back.

I understant why she did it. She was so desperate to be with Edward, that she would do anything. I thought that she was dying, but at the same time I felt sure that she was going to make it. I wanted her to listen to Edward's voice and fight for her life.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Oops.. :? My computer got stuck..Somebody can delete this if they want to. Sorry.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i thought it was a forshadowing and that was scary!!

its true, but doesnt need to be put that harshly

i was surprised he didnt pass out! :lol: i felt bad for him though because bella didnt tell him the truth right away! :lol:

i think they should have been kept secret and they were unnessicarliy shared because at this point we knew the cullens werent coming back... or at least i did!

i thought, "no bella!!! fight, fight" just like edward! i thought for sure she was dead!
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen? Did put any thought into it other than I can't believe Edward hasn't come back yet

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster? I saw where he was coming from but I don't think he is. He proved he wasn't by being able to control himself around Bella.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time? I understood his reaction he was so mad he was fighting off changing. He was thinking that he wished he was the one that killed James

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information? I didn't think she should have told him but in her defense she didn't think they were coming back. Plus she never quite grasped that if they did return they would be Jake's enemies.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die? Yes I thought she was a goner I knew when the iron bar hit her that she was being saved I was just suprised by who saved her.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I thought there would be a confrontation; that the vampires and werewolves would somehow meet in the middle protecting Bella. I didn't think Victoria would take it lightly and let Bella get away with everything; and I was always convinced that the Cullens would come through for Bella no matter what.

Well, he kinda is. :oops: But a nice monster.

I think he was thinking grudgingly nice thoughts about Edward for saving her. And then wondering what would possess him to leave Bella after saving her like that. More than anything, being grateful that she's survived.

Shouldn't! It felt like a betrayal against the Cullens; like she WAS playing spy. I was hissing at her to shut up the entire time.

I didn't think she was about to die, I knew she'd live. I didn't have much else going on in the way of thoughts though, I was too busy crying away at how tragically beautiful it was.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I thought she might do something stupid like she did last time and go off to meet Victoria but then when she did that Edward showed up to save her, and who doesn't want Edward to show up?

I was kinda used to it cause Edward calls himself a monster, it seems a natrual thing for mytical creaters to think about themselfs.

I thought he took it very well given the sercumatanses. He was thinking about how close she came to becoming the thing he hates.

I thought she kinda betrayed them.

I was so scared I didn't want Bella to die :(
**Kathryn**
flo1190
Settled in Forks

Post by flo1190 »

1.)i never thought that victoria was going to appear in new moon. it just wasnt the right atmosphere for her to come.
victoria was not one of the biggest things in this book and so i never considered her at this point.

2.) i think he's right because im all for team edward ;) nah, only joking. i think he shouldnt feel that way about himself, but understand why he does. he honestly feels a monster because he loves bella, but at the same time is putting her at risk, and so it really gets to him

3.) tbh, it kind of annoyed me. though jacob was slightly ott when he found out. he was probably really sickened by the thought of how close bella was to becoming a vampire

4.) at this point, bella owes the cullens nothing and it doesnt feel wrong that she tells him everything. in a way you want her to, because then jacob can help her

5.) i knew she wasnt going to die (there was still like 2/5 of the book left), but i cant really remember what i was thinking. i was crying at the time, and it was really strange. i wasnt crying out of sadness but out of desperation and loss and anger.
maybe i was just way too emotional, but in that chapter i really felt i was bella
Team Emmett! Stronger than you since 1915.
so the lion fell in love with the lamb
"Alice sees him falling for a human. How classically Edward!"
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

That something bad was gonna happen again! I hoped tho that the wolves would be able to protect her, and if not, that Edward would somehow be able to come back!! Actually, I hoped for that more! lol

Yeah I kinda agreed with him.

I think he was repulsed. I think he would have been so mad, and if he wasn't so good at controlling his anger, he defo would have turned into a wolf there and then. I wonder what thoughts were going through his head...anger, shock, confusion (like, why wasn't Bella a vampire now?).

I don't think she should have told Jacob about the Cullens. I felt like it was a betrayal. Jake was defo taking it in like she was revealing secrets for a war or something. Yep, defo didn't like it!

I was really scared that she might. I didn't think that she actually would tho, but I was still scared! I was screaming at her to swim, to not give up....I was scared :(
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!