A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by Alphie »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I thought they were going to seriously hurt and that they were both hotheads.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I felt bad for her because of her scar, but I didn't think anything beyond that.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I wasn't surprised by the quick reflexes, but the accelerated healing seemed pretty cool. I wasn't worried about them fighting vampires, but I did think the vampire would win. :)

I was pretty annoyed, because it seemed like the whole "Bella is leading Jacob on" thing was all of a sudden out the window after such a big deal was made.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
Just proof that she really loved him. Besides the fact that she had to know, deep down, that it wasn't Edward.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

Jacob was protecting Bella. I was hoping he'd really scrape up Paul. :?

She seemed to be very nice. Obviously very accepting of everything because of what she was surrounded by. I think that she and Bella would definitely get along. They were the two human women in love with two men who weren't so "human"

It sounded as if the werewolves and vampires have a lot in common. I wasn't necessarily worried about them fighting vampires but I did wonder how they killed Laurent.

Closer than before! He's pretty much an open book with Bella but she isn't quite as open with all of her secrets.

That's Bella's nature. She's very accepting, and when she loves someone she gives her whole heart.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?
I thought it was puppy play. Like when the puppies are going at it like thay are going to kill each other but it's all fun and games.

I did like Emily and I though that Bella would get along with her. Bella seems to get along with everyone except Rosalee and Lauren!!!!

I didn't worry about the wolves and vampires fighting. I think it's a fair advantage to have special abilities.

I am crossing my fingers that it is getting better, the weight on my heart is lifting... adn I think I can keep reading... it has really been a painful run so far.

I believe that Bella will love Edward no matter what, until the end of time and until the day she dies. I have to believe that.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

la_tua_cantante wrote:1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?
I thought they were going to seriously hurt and that they were both hotheads.

I felt bad for her because of her scar, but I didn't think anything beyond that.

I wasn't surprised by the quick reflexes, but the accelerated healing seemed pretty cool. I wasn't worried about them fighting vampires, but I did think the vampire would win. :)

I was pretty annoyed, because it seemed like the whole "Bella is leading Jacob on" thing was all of a sudden out the window after such a big deal was made.

Just proof that she really loved him. Besides the fact that she had to know, deep down, that it wasn't Edward.
You just read my mind ! lol I agree with you ann all those answers....

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. Well, vampire's can fight each other as vampire's, so why can't werewolves fight werewolves? Personally, I never thought or felt any certain way about it.

2. She seemed friendly, and that Bella would get along with her.

3. I wasn't worried. I thought it was cool and useful.

4. They are very open with each other now.

5. I think she still would love him, since she would have known him before he did that. But if he had been doing that his entire vampir elife, then her thoughts may be different about him.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i didn't think about it that much. i just pictured it as two friends fighting. they gotta get it out of their system.

i definitely liked her at first. i thought she was very sweet and kind. and i was hoping that her and bella would form a friendship.

no i wasn't as worried as bella was. they are the natural enemies of the vampires, i mean they gotta have some skills to be fighting them. and they took care of laurent very fast.

well, they're a lot closer than before now. jacob's very open with bella about everything.

thats just how bella is. love is crazy, you can't help who you love.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Typical boys, so much testosterone

Whoa, you said what happened to her face, pity. Yes because despite what happend to her she still had so much love in her heart. Yes, how could they not.

Cool. Yes, it did seem inevitable

mmm, getting a bit too close for my liking.

A bit of a hypocrite, isn't she.
MrsTaylorLautner212
Wandering Through Town

Post by MrsTaylorLautner212 »

1: When Jake and Paul started fighting, part of me was like "H*** yes!!" because I think jake would be really hot while fighting, and I kinda wanted paul to get his butt whooped by jake.

2: My first reaction to Emily was that even though she has that scar and the danger of living with and being in love with a werewolf, she was really lucky becuase she had such a close family and she obviously loved all of them. I did instantly like her, because we really only knew of the werewolfs and Bella, not anyone who wasnt a werewolf but who still cared about them and loved them. I wasnt really sure if she and Bella would get along, because I was sure that she knew she could never love Jacob the way he wanted her too, and I thought EMily was going to call her out on leading him on like that.

3: As to Jacob and Bella's relationship at that point, I liked that they were getting closer (Cuz Im team Jacob), but I was really mad at bella for leading him on.

4: WHAT A HYPOCRITE!! I AGREE WITH JAKE ON THAT ONE!!
Team Jacob: Because I like my men HOT, ALIVE, and FURRY
My werewolf can beat up your vampire
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves? You know, I rather enjoyed that moment! Jake was sticking up for Bella- gooooood for him!

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along? I thought she was okay; didn't pay much attention to her. However, I felt a pang of sorrow for her when Bella described her scars.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire? I remember thinking that it was cool that they had those abilities.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point? I felt they were getting too close; I was screaming in my head, "where are you Edward!? Can't you see this?"

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people? Is she crazy?? I thought she said in Tw that she loved him for being "more" behind the glorious face (the vampire who wanted to be good and abstain from humans). Now she's thinking she would still love him even if he did kill humans? Hypocrite, Bella.