A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?
impartial

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I did instantly like her. Yes. She loves a "monster" just like Bella--who loves 2 :-)

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
No, I assumed from the beginning that they would be able to fight a vampire.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?
Since I'm seriously TEAM EDWARD, I was a little rattled. BUT I like Jacob and I thought he was an essential friend for Bella.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
huh? Do you mean Jacob?
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I was really nervous something bad was going to happen at first, but then when I saw how light-heartedly Quil and Jared were taking it, I felt at ease.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I think I did instantly like her. She seemed pretty genuine, though I was a little nervous because she was mysterious to me like a lot of Stephenies characters.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
No, I don't think I have ever been worried about them fighting vampires since Jacob said that was what werewolves were designed to do and the reason they existed. The whole "protector" thing was very reassuring to me.

Lol, they were getting a little close for my comfort! Team Edward! Don't get me wrong, I love that Jacob brings to much happiness into Bella's life, and I really like Jacob as well, but I did not want them to get into a romantic relationship because I thought, that no matter how long Edward was gone, that just wouldn't be true to her heart.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
I thought it was epic, it might be morbid, but I like statements like this from Bella, it truly shows how deep her love for him is. Love is insane, but there is beauty in that insanity if you ask me.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
KaylaMarieBlack7

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

I thought it was funny. Just like boys fighting.

Emily seemed to have a sweet heart. I did instantly like her. And I think that her and Bella could get along really well.

I wasnt too concerned with them fighting vampires. They seemed to know what they were up against. And with speed and quick reflexes it seems like they are evenly matched. && They could heal fast which is great.

I have always loved their relationship. They're best friends.

I thought she was crazy. She could be one of those innocet hikers/people. Even if Edward thinks he can handle not killing her.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

I was a little frightened for Bella, but not for Jacob or Paul, oddly enough. I loved how Bella said that Jacob "Exploded"... it was so easy for me to picture them phasing. And it made me laugh like an unstoppable moron when Jared said, "Jeez, Paul, calm down."

Well, when she looks at Bella and asks if she's the 'vampire girl', Bella says that her face is cold. So that's how I saw her at first, cold. And a bit of a hypocrite... why was she allowed to hang around mythical creatures but Bella wasn't?? And then she smiled when Bella asked if she was the 'wolf girl' and started talking to the boys in such the maternal manner and I liked her... the cold feelings just melted away.

No, I wasn't. They'd already killed Laurent, why should I worry? I thought the reflexes thing was really funny, the way he threw the can opener at Jared. And the healing thing was surely going to come in handy.

I didn't know how to feel about it. They were friends, now with a secret, and it was obvious that everyone thought it was more, and Jacob wanted it to be more, and Bella had begun to maybe think about it becoming more....

Love is irrational. It's true, no matter how flawed. The real question, I think, is... whether or not she loved him, would she have the strength to ask him to stop, and leave him if he didn't. I think the answer to that question is no, and that's where it gets sketchy for me. Of course, I didn't think about it too much because we'll never have to be presented with such a situation.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

It scared me honestly, but then they came back like nothings wrong so it's probably just guy stuff, it's how guys are.

Oh I did instantly like her, I felt so bad for her as well, I hated Sam for doing that to her. Of course her and Bella would get along...she gets along with just about anyone.

I was like cool... 8-) and no I wasn't worried about them fighting a Vampire

there she goes leading him on again... :roll:

it's just proof of how much she loves him, she'd do anything and forgive anything.
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

I was rooting for Jake, not that I wanted Paul to get seriously hurt or anything.

I felt bad for her. Once she started being nice to Bella, I liked her. Yes, I thought they would get along, Bella tries to get along with everyone.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Were you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I thought the abilities were cool. No, I wasn't worried about them fighting Victoria and Laurent.

I had mixed feelings, I wanted Bella to be happy, but I missed the way she was when she had Edward in her life.

I can understand that, I would love Edward even if he was killing people too.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

I thought it was pointless for them to fight because they were in the same pack. Honestly, what is that going to resolve? But whatever haha.

She seemed like such a cute person. I thought her and Bella would get along but I was worried that she would make assumptions about the vampires. I also felt really sad for her.

Hmm. I actually really didn't think about it this way. I knew that there was going to be some benefit I guess to being a werewolf. I thought it would be a fair fight, but I roll with the vampires ;) so I thought they had the advantage in the fight.

I still thought they would be good friends. I didn't want them to be anything more though.

He's her whole life and sometimes accepting your loved ones faults and flaws and bad decisions comes along with the package. It's understandable, and is something that happens a lot in reality.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

It was an instant dislike of Paul. I can't stand him and his anger issues. And, second, I though it was really sweet, in a twisted sort of way, when Jake attacked Paul to protect Bella.

I thought Emily was really sweet. I was a little wary of he at first, but as I continued reading I really like her. I knew that her and Bella would become friends even if Emily is a little wary about the 'vampire girl.'

I had read werewolf books before so all the their cool little tricks didn't surprise me. And I was a little worried about them fighting vampires, but not as worried as Bella.

It was strained but not so much now that Bella knew the truth. I thought that she was going to start hanging around with this new pack of friends more often.

It was understandable. Bella loves Edward so much that nothing else matters.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-I thought they all had anger issues, they had just attacked one another.

-To be honest, I didn't really like Emily that much. I thought she was sort of nice, but I wasn't sure then if she and Bella would get along.

-I thought it was cool, how they could heal quickly. The fast reflexes is kind of a given. I wasn't worried about them fighting a vampire, but I thought they would lose if it was a one-on-one fight.

-I didn't really have a feeling, I was just thinking what would happen if Edward came back.

-It just showed that love makes you blind, and because Bella was so deeply in love with Edward, it didnt matter to her what he did or who he was, she would always love him.
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I'm always scared when two people/animals fight so naturally I was worried.

Yeah, I liked her. She seemed a bit like Esme to me. Kind and a mother figure. I thought Bella and Emily would get along because they had some things in common. (Like their love for 'monsters'.)

I wasn't worried about them fighting a vampire anymore. Obviously they could handle it.

I don't know. Didn't really think about it any differently. Just friends at that point.

I thought she was very honest with herself. It is kind of 'wrong', I guess, but it was the truth.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana