A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Chapter 14 ~ Family

Post by pennybug84 »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves? It surprised me a little. I wasn't sure what to think though

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along? I liked her. She seemed like a very nice, sweet, and welcoming person.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire? Those are awesome abilities. I didn't worry too much about them fighting a vampire.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point? I was glad that Bella had a friend to confide it. But never wanted her to be w/him more than that.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people? It didn't surprise me at all. When you love someone as much as Bella loves Edward you look past all flaws. Plus didn't she find out in Twilight he had killed people before & that didn't matter to her?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?
I was like... Uh Oh... someones gunna get hurt. And I actually thought one of them would take a swipe at Bella..
2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I felt so sorry for her. She seemed like a very kind, motherly person. I thought her and Bella would get on fine, but I suspected they would never be close.
3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I thought the healing thing was quite cool and convenient... No, I wasn't worried about then fighting vamps, cause I knew the vamps would win.. and I'm not fond of those stinkin pups.
4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?
I hated every part of Bella and Jacobs relationship. I wanted him to get lost so Bella could be with Edward whenever he decided to come back. Jacob just got in the way.. and made me angry.
5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
I thought that was the sweetest thing... It just shows that she still loves him.. not matter what. ;)
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I was kinda happy that there was some action. I didn't really care and I wasn't worried.
2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I liked her. She just seemed very nice and sweet and motherly. I figured she would be too optimistic and happy for Bella to be around that much..although Bella could really use someone like her to talk to, she could make her fell better like Jacob, so I don't know..
3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?
I was mostly like 'Cool!!' I mean, how else can they fight vampires??
I wasn't really worried about them.

I get angrier as they get closer. I'm very stubborn about there being nobody for Bella but Edward and I didn't want Jake in the way when he came back. Bella was still sad and broken inside, even if he helped. Edward is the only one who could truly fix her.
5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
..Well no duh...
'Love is irrational' is one of my favorite parts from the middle of New Moon.
I enjoyed that part. Any mention of Edward..
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Just a quarrel to be worked out

Frightened, like Bella, though she seemed warm and kind enough that you can almost look past it

Pretty much the traits of other werewolves. Not really.

Still looks the same.

Love blinds.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

Didn't really think much about. I figured they wouldn't kill each other.

I liked Emily. Sweet and welcoming. I thought she and Bella would get a long, but I also thought that Bella wouldn't be spending a lot of time there since it would to hard to be close Sam and Emily and see how much in love they were.

Pretty cool :) And totally necessary of course. They couldn't go see a doctor, as wolves nor as humans so they would have to heal quickly.

They were definitely getting closer. And I didn't like it much. I liked that she had a friend, and she obviously needed him. But I didn't like that they were progressing more in the direction of boyfriend/girlfriend. At least when I knew that Bella would always love Edward. It wouldn't be fair to anybody.

Totally expected. She loved him. Nothing more to say. And love can't be turned away so easily. She already knew that Edward did kill people in his rebellious years, and she still loved him. So nothing could change the way she felt about him.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

oh no!! jacob's going to get hurt and bella's going to start all ove again!! :!: :lol:

i thought they would get along just great. like sisters!! i love emily! she's awsome!!

i think they would have to problem fighting a vampire... which frightened me!! :?

it was a very unique one! :lol: 8-)

silly bella! maybe something is wrong with her... :lol:
Betting on Alice.
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves? Well I thought Paul was a Why are we talking about a donkey?.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along? I liked her she was nice to Bella when most people wold not have been considering who she(bella) was.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter - accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire? I figured they would have to have abilities like that if they had any hope fighting vampires so no I was not scared for them like Bella was. They were created to fight vampires.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point? The first time I read the book no so happy about it

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people? I thought that was weird because if he was a people killing vampire the would have never been together in the first place. But if he has killed innocents people back in the 1920's and stopped and was the same Edward he was when he met her I would have felt the same way.
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I had to read it a couple of times before it sunk in. Horse-sized wolves battling it out over Bella was pretty disturbing first read round.

I did, and then I disliked her with the vampire girl comment. I was proud of Bella for sticking up for herself. I guess I understand why she was so hostile, though; I liked her enough once she warmed up.

I wasn't worried about them fighting. They seemed to handle Laurent pretty well. I was kinda impressed about the healing, though. Speed was something you got used to having read about vampires.

I kinda didn't like how close they were - physical closeness bugged me more than emotional. It seemed like a betrayal to Edward, and he was coming back, right?

It was hardly a surprise. She already decided as much when she declared she didn't care that he was a vampire way back in the early chapters of Twilight. She didn't know much about his diet or how much she could trust the old Quileute legends that Jacob told her, and she knew she loved him then. Saying it now wasn't a surprise.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

He he i thought it was kinda cool, like hard cor wolf fight

I loved how brave she was to go through something like that and still love Sam, I hoped she and Bella would get along cause I liked her.

Yeah if anything could take out a vampire the wolfs would be that thing.

I love Jacob I really do but he needed to back off no matter how far away Edward is Bella will always be his.

I thought it was the natrual thing you can't love someone that much and know that killing people is part of their natural nature and not still want and love them.
**Kathryn**
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I was a bit shocked, but I didn't think they would hurt one another. At least I hoped Jake wouldn't get hurt, cos that would kill Bella!

I instantly disliked her. I thought the vampire girl comment was cruel, but I'm glad Bella stood up for herself. I like Emily a lot better now than I initially did, and I think she and Bella will get along ok.

I thought the abilities were pretty cool. I guessed they needed to have some special skills if they were gonna be fighting vampires. I was a little worried about them fighting a vampire, cos vampires seemed much much better fighters to me.

Hmm, I felt ok about it. I was glad that they were speaking again, and Bella could share somne of her secrets etc which must have been a releif! And Jake too, so I think they were getting along good.

I wasn't surprised. Bella loves Edward no matter what.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!