A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by Alphie »

Becasue of a misunderstanding, these questions come from both Taxi and Alcyone.

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
After the scene in the meadow with Laurent.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
Now that I've read the book, I know it's the Alpha command, but I thought he was just warring with whether to let her in on the secret before I knew how the Alpha worked.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
It was fine. I didn't particularly like Jacob, so I just thought it was an interesting twist to the story. However, I did become convinced that Bella was just not meant to be human or something, because all the people closest to her were not.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
I can't really remember my exact reaction, but I was just glad he apologized. I still didn't really 'forgive' him though.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
I didn't, since I knew Victoria was around, but I could see how Bella would make that connection.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
If I'm honest, I probably would have tried calling and if that didn't work, I would have left it alone.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

In the meadow when one of the wolves made Bella remember Jacob.

I think he was like Edward in that way. It's more than just his secret. It effects Billy and Sam and Embry and everyone else who is a werewolf as well.

Eh, not really surprising. I thought it was a nice twist!

I thought it was nice that he tried to come over and make amends.

No.

I think it was right for Bella.
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I first suspected Jacob was a werewold when Bella saw the wolf's eyes in the meadow and thought of Jacob. I never suspected anything before this. I noticed most of his quirks. I noticed some of the mention of temperature and thought it was about Bella. I noticed Jacob's growth as unusual but I didn't speculate.

I didn't notice.

I was not surprised when it was confirmed, but I was surprised about the twist. I didn't expect werewolves at all, but the second I smelled them... I knew. I did sniff them out. I like that Jacob is special as long as Jacob stays the loveable Jacob I have come to adore.

He totally redeemed himself.

I was ambivilant.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?Warn him.

*** not background TV show I am not watching just said Bella... and I noticed. I have no idea what I am watching. color]
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

when he started hanging out with the "weird" kids

fear

it was weird.it didn't effect me much.

make things worse..def!

no

not warn him
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. When Bella realized it, otherwise, the thought had never entered my mind. But I did know something was up.

2. I think he was afraid to tell her, so then he thought she might be scared of him or think of him as a monster.

3. It was an interesting twist to the story.

4. It was good to explain I guess, ro try, but it did make things worse.

5. No. They don't eat humans, or have any intention of hurting them, I knew that when his identity unraveled.

6. Not to warn him.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

in the meadow i think was when i realized what was going on.

i thought at the time that he was just not allowed to tell and didn't want to break his promise, but we all know it's a lttle strongerr than that now.

well, it made sense. i didn't really care one way or the other, i love jake, but it definitely added a lot more to his character. looking back now, i'm so happy SM introduced the werewolves into the saga.

it redeemed him all the way. i never ever think jake is willingly hurting bella without a good reason for it. he had every reason to act that way at the time.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
naaah, i didn't think they were bad at all.

warn him.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

I was suspicious for a while but not totally sure, i think it was first in the meadow i realized but can't remember.

Well, like he explained you can't just disobey the alpha i think it puts some magical tie on you were you just simply can't.

It was alright i guess, i have no beef with him.

I thought he made real mess of things.

At first yes, and i was shocked and apalled.

He's still my best friend so i would war him.
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? I had been suspicious that something was going on, but didn't put things together until now, in her dream.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? I wasn't sure.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? haha... I kind of liked it, but I remember thinking that it would be nice if Bella had one human friend in Forks! I also didn't like it, because that meant that Jake and Edward would be enemies, and I thought that it would come down to a fight between them for Bella's love.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? I think he was trying to redeem himself... and that he only acted that way to her earlier because the rest of the guys were watching.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? No. I thought it was either Laurent or Victoria.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? It's a moot point. I don't remember what I thought at the time I first read it.
*TwilightIsMyDrug*

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

Before Bella did

I don't remember what I thought.

I liked it. Why not? Edwards a vampire so Jacob needs to be something cool too.

I felt like I understood him better.

NO. I was irritated that Bella didn't figure this out sooner! Ugh...

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she
shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?

I would have protected Jacob too. Or at least warned him...
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward