A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Intruder

Post by LilyMorgana »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
When Bella sees the wolves in the Meadow.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
He couldn't tell her since Sam had ordered him not to.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
I thought it was a bit disappointing. I had hoped for something a bit less cliché. The whole vampire versus werewolf thing didn't intrigue me that much.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
He didn't make it worse, but he didn't immediately make it better to me either.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
No, I figured it had been Victoria.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
I think Bella would've warned him and I'd like to think I would've done that too.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
I was very suspicious of the way Jacob acted around Bella and how he promised that he would never leave Bella and he did. =/ I had no idea what happened to him but I knew something was up.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?
Maybe he met up with his "clan" and, when they disagreed against Jacob telling Bella, Jacob ran off and went to her house. When he was cutting off his comments, I figured he remembered his "clan's" warnings. Also, maybe he wanted to see how close she paid attention to his stories when she was curious about Edward.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?
Yeah, I thought the werewolf thing was pretty awesome. I mean, if you have vampires you have to have another mythical creature to go along. =)

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
It redeemed him, I think. In his situation, he was trying really hard to stay the same ol' Jacob for Bella but it was hard while he was experiencing new changes.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
No, I was sure about that too.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?
I thought she would warn Jacob and that is exactly what I would have done.
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? In the meadow.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? I think it might have been Sam or something wolfy in him that told him when to stop talking.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? I wasn't surprised that he was a werewolf, but I didn't have any emotion about it, because while reading NM all I wanted was for Edward to come back.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? I kinda started to hate him then...I don't know he was just so bitter about everything.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? No, not really. I mean, there were bad vamps in the area.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? Well, I don't like Jacob so I would've just let him be, but it was good for her to go.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
lunamia
Wandering Through Town

Post by lunamia »

In the meadow. When he looked at Bella.

I thought maybe a combination of both.

I honestly did not see coming the werewolf part coming (up until it was obvious of course lol) I was too concerned about Edward leaving and Bella being depressed. So it took me by surprise...and I am not going to lie..i didnt like the idea of it at the begining.. but I got on board with it pretty fast though 8-)

Redeem him. I mean, he was trying to make up for it and Bella could tell that he was sorry.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
No, i really didnt think that. So I was suprised that Bella jumped to that conclusion.

Warn him. (Not that they were in danger or anything but still)
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

~ since the laurent thing. i was real suspicious.
~ i thought Sam was like controlling him.
~ i dissaproved. poor Bella finds one human she likes, then finds out hes a werewolf.
~ redeemed him a little bit.
~ i was hoping not, but you never know.
~i wouldve warned him, like Bella. its the right thing to do.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? When he told Bella.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? Something else, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? It freaked me out.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? He redeemed himself.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? No.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? Warn him. I would have done the same if he was my friend.
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
sazykid

Post by sazykid »

I kind of figured it out when Bella saw him in the meadow.

I kind of figured he was too ashamed to actually get the full thought out. I thought he was afraid that Bella would reject him and he would feel worse than he already did.

I guess I was just fine with him being a warewolf, if you have a town with vampires why not add some warewolves too lol. I wasn't really surprised because we all knew there was something going on with him anyway.

It definetly made me feel better. He was trying to apologize and make Bella feel better. He risked a lot to try and fix things between them.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
For about a milisecond I thought it could be possible. But, they called themselves protectors and Victoria was on the loose. So in the back of my mind it was more likely that it was Victoria.

I thought she would probably warn Jake. She could warn him and at the same time try and change his mind about killing people (at this point she thinks hes a killer). I think I would have probably done the same.
scarlet_forever

Post by scarlet_forever »

I had been suspicious a long time ago. I think I even thought so in Twilight b/c Edward stayed clear of him then. Then w/ the 'bear' mentionings.

I think it was a combo of both. Guilt b/c he is letting the secret out and fear b/c he wants Bella to understand, but he def. doesn't want her running away.

I'm not a huge Jacob fan, but I still like him. He is a top character. I like the way it def added drama, wouldn't be twilight, new moon, etc. w/o him.

I guess he slightly redeemed himself. In some ways he can be compared to Edward. He was kind of looking out for Bella's best interest. It isn't exactly safe for her to be around him sometimes, but in the end he is just as selfish and craves her company....sound familiar??? ;)

No, I knew it was victoria.

She should warn him. Afterall, they are pretty much best friends. Hard to say, never been in this exact situation lol. I would probably want to warn him, he's pretty much at this point all she has left.
Xx~Scarlet_forever~xX

*~* Do you think that I could be scary?*~*
*~* What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?*~*
*~* As long as I'm going to hell, I migh as well do it thoroughly*~*
*~* You smell so good in the rain*~*
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes? I felt so stupid I didn't realize it until Bella did.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else? I figured it was probably fear.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not? At first I didn't know what to think. Just had to wait & see what happened.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse? It helped to redeem him.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring? No I figured it had to be something else.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done? I figured she would warn him, they're best friends & he's really the only one she has. I probably would've done the same.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I had a feeling when he was telling Bella the story in Twilight, but then we she saw the wolves in the meadow I then figured it out.
He was ordered not to tell her, and he didn't want to break the bond of the pack, and maybe he didn't want to tell Bella that he was a freak show. He wanted to be normal so he could be with her? maybe?
I didn't really care. All I care about it Edward.
I sort of felt better that he actually came and explained himself, but that doesn't let him off the hook. Sorry doesn't solve anything
I knew they wouldnt've done it. I couldn't picture the wolves running around killing people, then acting all normal when they were human. They seemed to nice to be like that.
At this point I just wanted her to get away from that unreliable pup.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart