A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by Alphie »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
I think he was right to avoid her for a while, but should have let her know that a friendship between the two of them was impossible so she could maybe let it go.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I didn't like Jacob from this point on. I wondered about why he grew like crazy, and wondered if it had to do with puberty or being a wolf.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
I think she should have known that his romantic feelings weren't going away and that she should not have spent nearly as much time with him as she did. While I don't think she led him on on purpose, I definitely think she did.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?
Augh! I knew Victoria wouldn't have scratched at the window, but I definitely didn't think it would be Jake.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

I think that he should have tried to get a message to her. If nothing else just to say that he was alright and didn't want to see her anymore. He should have known that she would be persistent. And he said that he never wanted to hurt her, he should have known that his abandonment of her would hurt her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Do you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I don't think he was frightening per say...just different. More of a man, than a teenager. I do think he had Bella's best interests in mind but I think that a lot of them underestimate what Bella can handle.

I think she was sincere in her feelings. I don't think she ever led on Jacob and Jacob knew that. But Jacob was an optimist. And Jacob knew what Bella meant when used the term "breaking up".

At first I did think that it was Victoria! That would have been very interesting had it been!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

**note - I officially decided that this book traumatizez me... It is so painful!

I think Jacob is a confused wereboy... I couldn't expect more or less of him.

Yep, I did think he had Bella's best interest in mind. I was unsure about the new Jacob, I loved Jacob... so I still wanted to love him. I didn't think he was frightning. It didn't dawn on me the change in Jacob's body because every time Bella saw him, he changed.

I actually think Billy used that as "Bella leading Jacob on" as a line... to make excuses for the seperation. I don't think anyone was everconfused about the real state of the relationship between Bella and Jacob even though Jacob wanted a relationship, I am sure Billy & Charlie would also support that, so the excuse seemed reasonable. Jacob was never in denial, just hope, wish, love and a huge crush.

I acutally thought it was a branch LOL, like the wind. :shock:
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

message to her sooner....
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner so they wouldn't have a misunderstanding and make Bella's life more miserable.

I thought he was frightening. I imagined his build like those huge bikers on the highways.

No, I don't agree with Billy.

I think it was Jacob. :o
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1. I think he should have tried. I got bored reading about Bella worry about Jacob.

2. I skipped the Jacob part, or part of it. So I really don't remember my reaction when I skimmed the parts.

3. I think she was using him as a cane to help her from the breakup with Edward.

4. Jacob. Maybe.
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i think he should have just talked to her. he knew how easy it was for bella to get sad and upset, he shouldn't have done that to her.

no, i didn't think he was scary. i think he was all grown up now. lol. and sexy. but i think he always had bella's best interests in mind. or at least what he thinks is best for her.

i think bella has led him on a lot, there's no denying that. but she made it clear about her feelings for him. billy shouldn't have used that as an excuse.

i dont know, i think that i thought it was victoria but i was very relieved to find out it was just jake.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Well, either way, Jake was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. He would have "lost" anyway. He could have called Bella and told her not to come and see him anymore and hurt her feelings--he can't tell her he's a werewolf. Or he could ignore her existance for her own good and hurt her feelings. It was a lose-lose situation for Jake at this point.

I was shocked. I didn't think Jake could have gotten any bigger, yet he did. And I was upset that he'd cut his hair--I tend to like men with long hair. I didn't really think he was frightening, because it's Jake, but he's definitely intimidating. I really do think Jake had Bella's best interest at heart. He wants her to be happy.

In a way, yes, I do agree with Billy. Bella knew she would never love Jake the way she loves Edward, yet she continued to hang around, knowing good and well that Jake loves her. She was using him, in spite of how he feels, and I think it was wrong.

But I can also see Bella's point of view in this situation as well. She never kept her feelings a secret; she always told Jake she didn't feel the same way about him, and he accepted that.

I thought it was Edward, then I realized that he was gone. My mind jumped to Victoria next. Now that I think about it, though, why would Victoria tap on Bella's window? Asking to get in so she can rip Bella to shreds? Ha!

Jake never crossed my mind, though. I was thrilled that it was Jake.
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

[/b]1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?[/b]

I think that Jake should of done what he thought was right and not listen to Sam about who he can talk to and who he be friends with.

I thought that he was sooo different and I didn't like it one bit.

I do think that she was leading him on in some ways, but it was for good and bad reasons. Jake felt hurts in ways, but he never regreted spending time with Bella. And Bella was using Jake for comfort.

I really can't remeber who I thought that is was.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"