A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 11 ~ Cult

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?

I think Jacob should've said something sooner, just because loseing her Best friend and loseing her soulmate might actually kill her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

Frightening, no, and I stopped liking Jacob at this point until book 3 in BD

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?

I don't think she did it on purpose but she should have known, but yes I agree with Billy.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?

I was hoping it was Alice...*sigh*
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Tinkerbell 31
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tinkerbell 31 »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
no i think she got a little bit mad at the fact that he was ignoring her i think he should have just talked the situation out with her but boys will be boys

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
i didnt like it he seemed to much of a follower and wasent his old personality i think he was trying to mature to quickly even so i guess the werewolf took over him and he go brain washed i didnt like the new personality of jacob

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?
i think she did kind of lead him on in a way as a rebound to try and get over edward but thats kind of normal but in a way think also she was kind of sincere about her feelings

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?

i though it could have been jacob or victoria
Elisabeth33
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Elisabeth33 »

No, I don't think he should have ignored her like that. I also think he should have tried to get her a message sooner.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Do you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

Like Bella, I was wondering about the growth hormones. Yes, I thought he was a little creepy. Yes, I did think he had Bella's best interests in mind.

No, I think she was sincere in her feelings, but the fact that Jake could give her what she wanted is what motivated her to make contact in the first place both of the first times he appeared in Twilight and New Moon.

Either Victoria or Edward. I was going between being totally terrified and ready to have a happy cry.
natterss707
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by natterss707 »

I think he owed her some sort of explanation. Maybe not fully giving her the truth but at least trying to communicate with her. Especially after he saw what all she went through with losing someone she loved before. Even though she didn't love him the same way as she loved Edward he could have at least said something. It made me mad a little and then I realized that she would find out sooner or later anyway.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
He didn't really frighten me because I kind of saw it coming considering his other form. I think he did have Bella's best interest in mind at first, but I don't think he should have ignored phone calls. Visits would be understandable however, nothing could happen over a phone. It is what it is though, and everything worked out anyway.

I thought Bella was sincere with her feelings. She didn't know the strength of them, and she really did care for him, like he was a brother.

I thought it was Victoria and then laughed at myself when I found out it was Jacob haha I think I was just a paranoid as Bella.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

I understood his reason later, but in the begining yeah I was a bit mad at him for not talking to her and letting her know what was going on.

I didn't understand his bitterness with her, and why he was acting that way with her. I felt like to a certain degree he did blame her a little bit. I couldn't believe the things he said to her they were so hurtful I cried along with her. I don't think he meant to hurt her as he said it's just that he was dealing with alot. It was a big change and he didn't feel worthy of having her as a friend like Edward did in the begining because he was as you would say a freak.

I think that she didn't show Jacob anything more than true friendship, and Billy just said that because what else could he say to what was going on, He couldn't say the truth.

I knew that it was Jacob I didn't think it was Victoria because she would have just come in through the door and killed Charlie if she had to just to get to Bella, and she would not have made any noise to make her presense known if she could avoid it.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

I was actually surprised that h didn't get a hold of her sooner, but he was probably under alpha's orders anf couldn't, so I don't blame.

I was really mad at him that moment, so i just sort of read over his looks quickly. But I didn't like the change. I wanted the old Jake back as badly as Bella did. And I think that Sam had Bella's best interest in mind. Staying away from her wasn't exactly Jake's idea.

Bella most definately loves Jake, though not in the sam eway he does. And in the end, she didn't leave him. It was more him doing the 'breaking up.'

My first thought was Victoria. Than I made myself think and I realized she wouldn't make that much noise. That was when I thought it was Alice for some reason.
golden x sunshine
Learning to Love Green

Post by golden x sunshine »

-i think it was wrong to ingore her! he couldve at least just called to like tell her not call anymore. jacob really shouldve tried to get a message to bella sooner.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
-nope. i knew he was just doing what his friends told him to do. i wasnt frightened from him, even though he was bigger.

-i totally disagree with billy. bella's told jacob shes not interested in him as more then a friend, and jacobs said he was okay with that. bella was sincere with her feelings in my opinion.

-i didnt know who it was, but i wicked hoped it was edward!
"when life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
-twilight
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

the latter would be wiser.

it's not really an issue for me and yes, he does care for her which is why he pushes her away.

I can understand Billy's concern. It's obvious that Bella still loves Edward, and when Jacob tries to make a move to her, she rejects him. And yet when Jacob shows signs of leaving her, she lies about her feelings just so he will return to her. We know she does love Jacob in Eclipse, but since she hasn't realized it at this point, i'd say it's selfish for her to play with his heart like that when she knows she only loves Edward.

I thought it was Victoria.
bella+edward4eva
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella+edward4eva »

1- i think it was the right thing to do, since she could have suspected something more.

2-i was suspicios but didn't expect that he was a werewolf. because i havent seen what he looks like in new moon, i can't say that im scared.

3- i think she was playing him on a little bit, because she used him to hear edward again.

4-i really didnt know. its hard to get the feelings when ou already know who it was. i dont remember who i thought it was. i was probobly hoping it was edward tho.
FYI-TWILIGHT ROX!!!!!!
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

The last one.

I didn't think he was frightening, but I didn't really like him at that point. I think he did indeed do it for Bella, but he made the wrong choice in trying to not tell her.

I think Bella was quite sincere in her feelings. I mean, in the beginning she might have used him to feel better, but she really cares about him!

I thought it was Jacob.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana