A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Chapter 10 ~ The Meadow

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
I was absolutely as suspcious as Bella; I felt so sorry for her to be so worried and have Billy and Harry and even Jacob lie to her and leave her in the dark. I figured he was going through the wolf thing, though.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
For a split second, yeah. But Edward wouldn't have just appeared from nowhere after all those months. I was as happy to see him as Bella was, too - vampires! Yay! Laurent = Denali = Tanya = Carlisle = Edward. And then I realised he probably wouldn't be quite as keen on matchmaking as he would be on drinking her blood. So bad times.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
I knew it was Jacob. I knew that they were all wolves. And the one closest to her, with fur the same colour as Jacob's skin? Had to be Jacob. I was so glad when the wolves came out, though - thank God that someone was around to help her.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
Yep. Before this point, in fact.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?
Not really... How would they know that she was hunting Bella? It sounds like the only one that knew was Laurent - if he'd told Irina she would have told the Cullens or helped stop it herself. So now that the only other person that knew was, for want of a better word, dead - who would tell the Cullens to make sure they rescued her?
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
Tonya
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tonya »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? I didn't know what was wrong. I was suspicious tho.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? For a second I had hoped it was.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow? When the russet wolf stopped and started at her I knew it was him.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? yes

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back? I had wondered why Alice had not had a vision about Victoria hunting Bella yet. That she never did really confuses me. Even if she wasn't "looking" for it. You'd think she would have looked for Victoria once or twice and seen what she was up to.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?

At first I thought he was just sick... everyone else was sick. But then as he kept avoiding Bella I knew something must be up -- plus it would not have been such a big part of the story if something big wasn't coming.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?

No, I didn't. I was fairly confident that Edward would stay away from Bella, as he'd promised her, until he was ready to come back for good.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?

I thought the description of the wolves was surprising -- I didn't realize they would be so big, honestly. I didn't suspect that Edward was involved at all; as I said above I knew he would stay away from her (and not even check up on her) until he was ready to come back permanently.

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?

Yes.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?

Yes... I was pretty sure the Cullens would come back; they still care about Bella & want her to have a life -- isn't that why Edward left in the first place? I wasn't sure, however, if they would make their presence known to Bella.

Image Image Image
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

Oh yeah I knew something was going on with those La Push boys.

Yeah I was so happy.

I was like oh yeah I was so right werewolfs baby...I knew it was Jake.

Yeah I like hard core suspected it.

I hoped they would.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i was reallly reallly really suspicous!!! and a little scared too. i liked jacob, i didnt want anything to happen to him!! :o

no, i didnt think it would happen like that. it was too ironic. at first i was glad it was laurant... then my opinian changed...

no i was like... what the heck it going on??

nope, i was clueless.... as always! :lol:

i thought "oh, victoria is gonna attack bella but edward will save the day"........ how wrong i was!!
Betting on Alice.
aliacullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by aliacullen »

1 What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
Not really only the way billy said no don’t come was a little bit out of the ordinary but i wouldn’t have researched it or thought anything of it

I was hoping that it was but i did think it wont be that easy

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts?
When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
I didnt think Edward was involved but Jacob i did since the wolf looked at her and she instantly thought of Jacob so that when i knew it would be jacob

Yeah i did since of the title the book gave it away.

Yes i did because i would have thought alice would have seen it and come to help
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

I din't know what was wrong with Jake. I sort of had an idea about him being a werewolf, but didn't think it would make him sick first! I was defo suspicious, especially about Billy. I didn't think that Jake would stop speaking to Bella, so I was worried about him too.

Nope, I didn't think it was Edward. I had no idea that a vampire would be there! I was quite relieved that it was Laurent, rather than a new nomad, until I realised he wanted to kill Bella. Then I was terrified, and had no idea how she was gonna escape.

I was surprised to see them! But very glad when they chased after Laurent. When the wolf looked at Bella, and she thought of Jake, I began to think that it was him. I didn't know how I felt about it at that point tho.

I was beginning to think that yeah.

I hoped so. I wished there were some kind of signal Bella could have sent to them to ask for help. I knew that if Edward knew that Victoria were hunting Bella, he would want to be there to protect her. But I didn't see how they could be contacted. And that made me sad!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I had no idea what was wrong with him. But I knew it wasn't "mono".

No. When she saw it was Laurent I was like: What? Laurent? What's he doing here?

I knew it was Jacob.

Yes.

Well, I always knew they'd be coming back. I just didn't know when. I mean they're the CULLENS, for crying out loud.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

Not as much,.. I figured he was sick or something weird was going on with him.

OF COURSE! I was so hoping for some magical reason it really was Edward. I always felt the voices in her head may just by chance of really been Edward all along..

I didn't think Edward was involved at all,.. but I was so surprised at what was going on, I didn't think the wolf was Jacob!

NO! I feel ashamed for not paying closer attention to Jacob Black.. I just kept thinking about Edward and when in the world hew as coming back!

I was surprised that Alice didn't see this going on and atleast one of them come back to help.
r_godsey
Settled in Forks

Post by r_godsey »

I really hadn't put two and two together with Sam's gang, I really was scared for Jacob and what seemed to be his inevitable induction into this gang. This was the time I wanted Bella to come to the rescue, I was really yelling at the book "just load him up in the truck and drive!" It was a total bait and switch with the stomach virus that EVERYONE seemed to be catching, but then Jake wouldn't pick up the phone.

Negatory, but I also at the time thought where the heck is Alice? can't she see this coming? Which was later explained that Alice's visions are blocked when wolves are involved. But I think Stephenie did a good job in New Moon, leaving little things that made you think that just maybe Rio was just another Edward explanation to pacify Bella

I thought holy crap! I really thought that the wolves were what was killing the hitchhikers, and that Edward's gonna HAVE to show up and save Bella from the wolves. But the wolves ended up saving B from Laurent, oh and I might be the dumbest chick out there but the way I pronounced his name in my head was Lor-Ent.

By the book no, but by the time I read New Moon , the trailer for the movie release was all over the the tv and I saw Jake turn into a wolf about a dozen times

I really didn't, I thought that if E could stay away after Laurent's attack, why in the heck would he come back over Victoria.