Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by Alphie »

These questions were supplied by Taxi.

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Re: Chapter 8 ~ Adrenaline

Post by la_tua_cantante »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
I think that was more proof that her senses were dulled. Either that or hanging out with vampires gave her a stronger stomach, lol.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
It had to be a part of the plot or it wouldn't have come up over and over.

I thought they were all a little weird, and that maybe Jake was right about Sam being a cult leader or something.

Truth? I thought it was a terrible, terrible idea. All her memories there were with Edward, so I didn't see what good it would do her to be there with Jacob.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Stacia

Post by Stacia »

Yes and no. At first I was surprised but then, she wasn't all that aware of the blood at first. She was too preoccupied with the motorcycle and that could hear Edward's voice. As soon as she realized there was blood, she became nauseated.

I was waiting for there to bit a bit more information about the bears. Of course, they'd play a future role.

I don't know. They didn't seem to be any trouble but they (obviously) caused some unease with the male teenagers of La Push.

I didn't like it. If Bella herself, wanted to go looking that is one thing, but to take Jacob is another. That is a special place for Bella & Edward and although Jacob means no harm, I still think its something Bella should have done alone.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Not really. Honestly, it wasn't even on my mind. Also, it would seem that Bella's reaction throughout the series isn't very consistant at all.

I just thought it was strange and slightly horrifying. I didn't really think to put it as a plot point though

They were buttheads! Jake said so and he genuinely didn't seem to like them, and if Jake saw them that way, then it must be true.

It didn't upset me at all. I was just really anxious for the two of them to find it because I wanted to hear Edward's voice even more than Bella!
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I didn't really think much of it really.

By this time we have heard a few times about bears so I did think it would play a roll in the future.

I really just thought of them as vigualnti thugs.

I thought Bella was creative to look for the meadow. As soon as she thought it up, I was thinging of cource she's go there!!! I was just fine with Bella looking for the Meadow with Jacob. I don't think she could have done it without him.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

yes, it made my brain do a double take, lol

not much of it actually

i didn't like them
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
kaitlyncullen
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by kaitlyncullen »

i honestly didn't think much of it. but i guess she was getting a lot more used to it and the idea of it being around vampires.

people don't mention bears for no reason usually. so yeah i thought it would have something to do in the future.

they seemed pretty bad to me, the way jacob described them.

to take jacob is kinda really harsh, but that's bella, she doesn't realize that it could hurt jacob.
Private Kaitlyn Cullen of Jasper's Army.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." - Jackson Rathbone. <3
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

1.) I was surprised. Maybe Stephenie forgot that she gets freaked out over blood, I don't know.

2.) I knew it was important if it was mentioned, and would come up later.

3.) They were suspicious.

4.) I thought she was grasping on to the past too much.
MoonlitRose
Wandering Through Town

Post by MoonlitRose »

Yes, actually, I was. It was said in Twilight that the smell of blood is what bothers Bella and makes her nauseated. It doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have the same reaction here as well.

No, I didn't. I wondered why it was being mentioned over and over again, but that was about as far as my mind had worked out that little issue.

I'm not sure what I'm thinking of happened in this chapter; I'd have to get my copy of New Moon.

I didn't think anything of it, really.
Twilightlover101

Post by Twilightlover101 »

Yes, there are a couple of inconsistencies aren't there.

it would seem strange to mention bears if there was no real significance to the topic

Wow, they're funny

I felt she shouldn't have, it was a very significant and special place and i felt she would have marred it a bit if jacob had found it with her.