A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PATDPeace
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 6 ~ Friends

Post by PATDPeace »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?

No,the other people are the Wherewolves and Charlie.Nothing has changed because nobody else really noticed or cared about them.

2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?

Because Sam probably didn't look very friendly at first glance.It probably did,because after she got to know Sam,she can see how calm and loving he is.

3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?

She wanted to be normal and protect Charlie.

4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?

Charlie is happier because he see's Bella is happier.He knows something Jacob is doing is helping Bella.

5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?

I thought it was going to be nothing major.Just a random side plot.
Imagemade by Dani-Danisaur-PATDforums
twilightapple
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightapple »

Alphie wrote:These questions were provided by the lovely Seraphyn.

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
the kids at Bella's school are still gossiping like they did when the Cullens where there. This tells you that the kids don't try to get to know anyone on a deep level. Since Bella does, she is the only one affected by their absence.

2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why?

I thought the dream was a warning to her that Sam is something dangerous and he isn't as helpful as he appears to be. Maybe she is nervous abou what people think about her new friendship with Jacob and thats part of why her dream has changed. Jacob is this happy kid and Bella was so zombie like for so long..... I hope that makes sense.

3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year?

Despite having Jacob as a friends, she truely is alone now. Last year she wasn't alone and she had Edward waiting for her after class all the time. Also she is hurting a lot right now, and I think on some level she wants someone to reckonize that and comfort her. Or she just wants to know that someone cares and isn't being fake. Its like how in Twilight she told Edward about how she moved to Forks to be miserable and make her mom happy. He told her "You put on a good show but I'm willing to bet that you are hurting more than you let on." Bella never talked about that issue more afther that, but she became more happier since she knew that Edward cared about her when she is sad so she needed need to be visible last year. This year she does.

4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing?

I think he's happy that she is more life like but he wants to know exactly what caused this. He knoews Bella is probably happy because she is hanging out with Jacob but he doesn't realize that its more what they are doing that is making her happy. I think Charlie is nervous too. Edward is gone and he knows about Billy's suspicions on the Cullens. He also knows how much Bella hates those suspicions so he doesn't understand why Jacob would be the one the made her change so fast...

5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did?

I always thought it would be a storyline. If it wasn't, than Stephanie wouldn't have mention it in the first place. I think there is a secret werewolf pact,.....
Riddalyn

Post by Riddalyn »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
Even though the Cullens never meant so much to anybody else as they did to Bella, she is by no means the only one affected by their leaving. The way she reacts, and keeps reacting throughout it all, affects Billy, her school friends, her teachers, Jake, her boss... I mean, the list could go on forever.

I thought the dream meant to watch out for Sam. He appears to be a helpful guy, but he was willing to stand on the sidelines while she wandered? That says something about him. Well, yeah... I'm sure it did. She probably didn't like him much after Jacob's being so scared of him and all that.

I think I actually understand this. It's hard being in a new school, and at first, all you want is all the attention directed away from you. You feel like a loner, and a bit of a freak. But Bella wasn't new anymore. She'd been there a year, and she is still invisible... almost not even there at all. She had Edward, she lost him. She had his family, she lost them. She had friends, she lost them. She wants to be comforted, she wants to know that someone cares, she isn't alone. I also think she finally saw the impact that her invisibility had on her life, her friendships... maybe she wanted to fix it.

I think Charlie is elated. A little freaked out, and still keeping a close watch, but so relieved. He can go out and fish again! Regained confidence in his daughter must be wonderful. And I think he knows that it's Jake. Because when she's not with him for a day or so, she kind of recedes back into Sad Bella.

Well, in the back of my mind, the word Werewolf was bouncing around, but that was only because of what people who had already read the book were saying. I really didn't think that wolves were the case just yet. I just thought maybe she'd be attacked by one or something and someone (Jake, not Edward) would have to save her.
Team Jake - Because I Can Take The HEAT
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

Oh I bet the hospital missed Carlisle, but everyone else was pretty much avoided, so people just acted like they were never there.

not sure, and I'm sure she liked him less because Jacob was scared to death of him.

I think she just didn't want to hurt anymore so she wanted some friends

I think he knows that Jacob is cheering her up a bit, but I also think he's still weary because she is still pretty evidently hurt.

Yeah the second mention of it had me going huh? I wonder....
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
Elisabeth33

Post by Elisabeth33 »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence?
No, Jake and the Quiluetes have been affected too.

Because of her new contact with Jake and the rest of the reservation.

Because she feels like she might disappear like Edward.

Charlie's trying to figure out if she's going back to the zombie girl or not. No, I don't think he does realize how much Jake has to do with it.

No, I didn't realize anything was up at this point. I just thought it was a black bear roaming around Forks.
Forever_Twilight
Wandering Through Town
Location: Running as fast as I can with Edward and the Cullens on a cloudy day in Arizona

Post by Forever_Twilight »

I think everyone is affected by the Cullens just Bella is the one suffering because of it. Her friends aren't effected too much yet, on the other hand, it changes Jacob and his tribe into werewolves.

The dream is different because she has Jacob in her life. He's the one that is keeping her from drowning in misery after Edward and, might I say, this is the start of how Jacob becomes apart of Bella. Sam Uley really wasn't "in" the book just yet. In later chapters, her look at Sam comes from Jacob and, when she finds out that Jacob is a werewolf, her look at Sam changes because of Jacob.

I had thoughts that she wanted the attention from her friends (now that Edward left) and it would make her forget the emptiness she felt. Last year, however, the attention she was getting really wasn't necessary to have.

He seemed more comfortable with the new Bella (because it's not Edward but Jacob) and more laid back because he doesn't want her to go back into her dark months. Charlie really thinks everything is because of Jacob and how good he treats her. Plus, it's his best friend's son and one he knows really well. (Not beautiful Edward)

There was more going on, I knew that. I honestly was thinking that a pack of vampires had come into the area and weren't quite so quiet about their thirst for human blood, like the Cullens were. And come to find out, I was pretty close to the answer! XD
<3 I've been Vamped by Edward Cullen ~ Followed by Emmett and Jasper <3
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

1) Is Bella the only one affected by the Cullens leaving? How has "nothing changed" in their absence? The wolves have been effected to, and I'm sure the hospital missed Carlisle. But the people never cared they left.

2) Why is the dream different than before? Did Bella's renewed contact with Jacob's family change her perception of Sam Uley? How so and why? I don't remember the dream...so my bff Jill

3) Why would Bella not want to be invisible now, when she wanted to be invisible last year? Because she's aching and wants someone to notice that and not just brush it off. She wants a true friend.

4) How is Charlie affected by this new Bella? Does he perceive how much of it is Jacob's doing? He's happier and he thinks its all Jacob (which it pretty much is).

5) This is the second mention of the monstrous black bear. Did you realize at this point that there was more to it than that? What did you think was going on? Did you think it would turn into what it did? I began to think that the tribe with Sam had something to do with it, but I had no solid theory.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

She was the only person who ever got close to them. Besides Carlisle, none of the other Cullen's had any friends or people that wee otherwise impacted by them.

It's different because lately things have been getting better because she has someone to go to. Jacob.

She wants any distractions that she can get. I don't necessarily think that she's trying to attract the attention of them, but somehow hoping that Edward will realize something and come back.

He's happy that she is finally starting to turn herself around and become somewhat normal again. He thinks its all because of Jacob and I think he is very grateful.

I thought something was happening with more nomadic vampires or something.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen
Learning to Love Green
Location: In our cottage with Edward "baking", wile Esme babysits Carlie.

Post by Mrs.Mylifenow,Cullen »

Well Bella is the most affected but I think that people at the hospital must miss Carlisle, they just don't mention it in the book. Otherwise I don't think that anything has changed. I mean at school the Cullens where barely noticed anymore so I don't think that their absence made adifference in school.

I don't think so. Bella didn't meet Sam personally so she doesn't really know him she just has a weir feeling about him that she can't quite explain. But yeah I think that the friendship with Jacob has brought Sam back to Bella's subcounscious that's why he is in her dreams. But they aren't any better she still wakes up screaming.

She didn't say that she wanted to be visable now she was just noting the difference from last year when she was the new student and everyone noticed her, to now that it's been a year and she is unnoticed and forgotten. She thought or wanted her first day at school to be that way. But is now realising that in a way she missed her "Friends" some more than others.

He doesn't now what to think exactly he knows that she is not out of the woods as they say but there is a bit of an improment and his glad of it. He knows that Jacob has allot to do with Bellas New mood and he is hopefull that Jacob will help her get over Edward.

Well I did think that there was something goign on and I kind of had a vague idea of what it could be. I figured that it had something to do with the wolfs Jacob mentioned but I wasn't sure. I didn't quite expect what was going to happen.
Banner by "'twahy-lahyt'" aka Shel!
Thanks Shel your amazing!!!
Black Rose
Learning to Love Green

Post by Black Rose »

The Cullens were always in the shadows, so there wasn't much for anyone besides Bella to miss. She was the one who had the most contact with them, so she was the only affected by their leaving. But to everyone else, nothing had changed except that the student body at Forks Highschool was a little less.

I think that it just reminded her that Sam was there that night. She had been so concerned with Edward leaving her that the small detail of Sam being the one to find her had slipped her mind.

She still doesn't want to be completely visible. She is just reminded that this is like the first day of school and she had to make amends with her friends.

Charlie is beyond happy that Bella seems to be recovering from Edward's absence. He probably has his suspitions that Jake is a part of it, but never voices them to Bella.

I never expected werewolves to come into the story. At the time, I was still thinking it was somhow Laurent.