Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Chapter 3 ~ The End

Post by marielle »

OOh how I hate this chapter....
I always cry when reading this... I'm actually afraid to read the whole boek but specially this chapter... I would like to skip the whole part and start when alice returns..

1, Yes I did have the feeling he was going to leave her... I only expected him back sooner... reading this gave me actually high blood presure...( I know Í was a bit stuck in the story)

2, No I don't create many relationships, becuase usually people end up hurting you or disappoint you... I only have a few good relationships that I know will survive anything..

3, I hoped he would run back to her, but I was so caught up in the story that I felt just as desperate as Bella.

4, I didn't think anything of Sam, later I understood

5, I was so shocked by edward leaving that the month flying by were very shocking as well.

Mind you I am re-reading for the 4 time new moon, and I'm almost starting this chapter....I'm still thinking about skipping and go to when alice comes back....
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
No I just knew something bad was going to happen. I was shocked that he left b/c he was a main character so yes it did take me by surprise b/c for the most part he was not in the book.
2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
hmm I can't say that I have
3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
No I felt surreal to me. I thought maybe he was still in Forks keeping a watch on her the whole time till the end. No I didn't believe him at all. He shows us from the beginning what Bella means to him.
4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
Well since I usually figure out movies and books which my sister can't stand,I knew from the title it was going to be about werewolves. Even though after I was done reading the series SM states on her website that is not what the title meant. I am a huge vampire fan for most movies and books. So it is really hard to surprise me. I will be hones though this is my favorite book/movie by far.
5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pagesI am going to be honest I thought I had a defective book! :lol: I seriously thought pages where missing in between the months.
Banner by TammyAZ
Belice
Settled in Forks

Post by Belice »

1) I honestly had no idea this was coming. This took me by surprise.. I was sooo mad that Edward could/would do that.

2) Yes, I have felt that desire to grasp desparatly for a slipping relationship...so much that I became very annoying to be around. :oops:

3) Yeah, that was a rough speech.I was so fired up...Just like, OMG...how DARE he!!! I wasn't expecting him to run right back to her. I thought he'd call first, (which he technically did..after 7 months.) But I didn't think i'd take him THAT long. I can't say I believed him as much as she did, although, if I were in her shoes, I'd probably believe him just as much.

4)My gut reactioon when Sam found her: "Oh NOOO!!! That HUGE wolf is gonna kill her...Oh....I get it, Sam's a werewolf" LOL

5) My reaction of the "Months" pages??..."Well this is going to make the book go faster"LOL...But then I realized she was in the "zombie" state...I've been there myself a time or two

Belice

Cullen LOVE
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

Questions prepared by Cocoa

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter? At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
I was clueless. I knew it wasn't was Bella was thinking: She leaving Forks with them. So I was really anxious when Edward asked her to walk with him. And then BAM! I'm leaving you. God knows I didn't saw that coming! I IMMEDIATLY burst into tears! I couldn't believe it. Really, really, I was in shock.

2. Just as Bella did, have you ever felt that subconscious desire to grasp a hold of a relationship slipping away?
Yes, once. But I got over it.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did?
I didn't believe he didn't love her. I was sure it was hurting him also. And God those were harsh words! I thought that was going to be a long conversation, I thought Bella was going to beg him to stay. But she was just quiet! I was so desperate, TELL HIM, GIRL! TELL HIM DON'T GO! FIGHT! But she was just there. I was trembling. I kinda hoped he would run back to her, but somehow I knew he wasn't going to. That just made me cry harder.

4. When Sam appeared during the search, describe your gut reaction to his presence.
I didn't care! I was crying for Edward too.

5. Describe your reaction as you read the "months" pages
Okay so, Edward leaves. I cry. Sam finds Bella, takes her home. She sleeps. I stop crying. Bella wakes up, goes to her room, and there's no reminder of Edward. She's in the floor. I start to hyperventilate. MONTHS PAGES: I start crying.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

I knew something bad was going to happen,.. but I didn't think he'd be leaving forever!! As if he never existed.. what?!? crazyness!

Once. Sometimes you think things are different than what they are. Whenever you get into a situation where something is leaving forever, you try to hold onto it.

I believed he was going to leave. Edward isn't one who plays around very much. But all I could think was, REALLY Bella? After all the things he's said and you're believing he doesn't want you anymore and just loves you "in a way".. but she doesn't see how great she really is, so I believe how she fell for it so quickly.

At first, before he appeared.. I thought maybe an animal was going to attack her. His presence struck me as kind of different.. I wasn't really quite sure what to think about it,.. I definitely didn't think he'd become a larger character in this story.

I about freaked out!!! I was just like "YES!!!!" I felt it was absolutely PERFECT the way she did that. My love for SM went double after that.
selle
Settled in Forks

Post by selle »

I could say that I felt something scary was going to happen. But I didn't expect that he would leave her, eventhough it didn't surprise me much. I realised that he was doing it for her good, but I will never understand his cruelty.

Well, something like I did. I can't say that it was horrible like Bellas, but, nothingness that she was living in... been there :)

I never believe him. I know he was lying. As I earlier said I will never understand his cruelty that day. I wasn't expect him to run back at her. I expected her to start searching for him.

Well I cant say I had some strange reaction. I just thought he was in forest and luckily find her.

Reminds me of something personal. It was like... I wanted to cry but have no tears. Words cant describe :)
*Sometimes I wondered if I was seeing the same things through my eyes that the rest of the world was seeing through theirs.*
LadyParasyte
Settled in Forks

Post by LadyParasyte »

1. Did you feel a sense of foreboding in this chapter?
At what point did you feel what was coming? Or did it take you by surprise?
Yes I felt a sense of foreboding. It only somewhat took me by surprise.

I think most people have. Sometimes you are so happy or set in your ways with someone the idea of not being with them is the equivalent of the world falling apart.

3. Edward speech was definitely a harsh one, but did it grasp reality for you as it did for Bella? Or were you expecting him to run back to her at any moment? Did you believe him as readily as Bella did? I felt it was a cover up to keep her safe. I thought he wouldn't actually leave though. I thought he would continue lurking about watching over her. It seemed kind of out of character for him to leave her in danger (Victoria still on the prowl).[/b]

Probably a wolf.

Sad. I knew Meyer was trying to give us the impression of time filled with emptiness simply passing Bella by. Living life lost in a shell.
"If you're going to be obscure the least you could do is be clear about it".
This is my band: http://www.ladyparasyte.com
Support us on facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/LadyParasyte/6837597221
Thanks! :)
Timothy
Learning to Love Green

Post by Timothy »

No, I wasn't caught off guard. I knew something bad was coming. I mean, with a chapter titled "The End" it's never good. :lol:

Once. But it's a painful memory.

I believed he was saying these things so Bella would not be as hurt by him leaving and would move on.

I was a little confused. I mean, he was mentioned only once, so why was here. And the sounds she head, never occurred to me about a wolf. I just thought Bella was slowly losing her mind.

It was heartbreaking. I know depression, when the days just bleed together and you barely function. While it's never been as bad for me as I'm sure it was Bella, I can empathize.

Death is peaceful, easy. Life is harder.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

I already sensed the foreboding at the end of the first chapter.

Yes, I did.

I did not believe a word he said. BUT I didn't expect him to come back either. I think he thought it was best to leave, no matter how he would succeed in doing that.

I thought he must've known more, that he believed the legends.

I thought it was done well. It really showed how Bella felt: numb, not noticing the world around her.
Italiahaircolor
Settled in Forks

Post by Italiahaircolor »

The first time I read it, I was shocked. Horrified. Sad. It was the last thing I expected, really. And still, every time I read it...it still breaks my heart.

Oh yes. I think that's human nature. Hearts rarely break even...and someone always has to be the one to leave, meaning someone always has to be the one left behind.

No. I didn't believe his words, but I believed his actions. I think he loved Bella and didn't know how to balance. He was lost, and lashing out. He underestimated her love for him...and he didn't know the greatest pain she'd ever feel would be by the one thing he tried to selflessly do.

I couldn't have cared less about Sam at the time. I was reeling.

It was like slow a burn. I cried my way through most of the book--it's the pinnacle of the series for me. I read those chapters--Stephenie Meyer didn't need to write a single word--and yet she described Bella's life in the most vivid detail possible. Nothingness. Emptiness. A void. I've reread the series twice now...and when I reached those pages for the second time, it still blow my heart to bits. I was physically sick of her. I felt that pain.