A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Chapter One ~ Party

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
I didn't realise that Bella/Gran were the same until Bella sort of did. I thought the dream was a nice touch. It surprised me.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?
I think that it was a real concern for her. She, rationally in my opinion, did not want to grow old and die whilst her husband stayed young forever, never aged, when there was an option like that available. If she could live forever with him, never aging and not dying, why would she not want this over growing old and being seperated from him?

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?
I thought he wasn't there because he was planning something, although it was a surprise that he wasn't concedering all the time he spends at her place.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?
I had expected them to be a little closer, but Jasper knew that he wasn't yet like the others, so why would he risk it? It's like, having MRSA, and not going to your friends party because you could get them sick too, in my opinion, and that's why I think he did not crowd around her.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?
I thought, I knew what was going to happen, although it would have been more of a surprise to see another of the Vampires do that, I believe that Jasper was the obvious choice.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?
I honestly thought that Jalice would move for a while.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?
I thought that he would have done, but maybe he was saving it, I mean she wouldn't have let him anyway so why would he?

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
I think that she can be so whiny sometimes. Tisk,tisk.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
I thought she was being selfish. How could she say that to Edward, right like that. Its just like if she had said 'well, if you wont sleep with me, Mike will give me what I want.' :D
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Never mind, my library book came tonight so I can start with the questions right away! :D

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?

I didn't see it coming. AT ALL. It really shocked me.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?

Hmm... I think that the idea of her being too old has to do with them not being together, and that does kind of foreshadow his leaving her...

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?

No, not really. I think he wasn't there because Bella said she didn't want anything special for her birthday, so he was trying to make it as not-special as possible. Plus, he doesn't have to be there every morning...

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?

I didn't even notice that, actually... Perhaps he had a bad feeling about that evening...

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?

Crazy, just crazy. Paper cuts produce so little blood -- it's insane how it was able to set Jasper off like that.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?

I already knew what the outcome of the incident was, so...Yeah.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?

Nah. Bella loved her truck, and Edward probably respected that he she liked the one she had -- that's why he merely improved it for her.

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

No, not at all. She's shy, and it's quite like her to not want much.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?

I thought that Edward was right for being angry -- Bella knew full well that Edward didn't want it, and the implication that she could go against his wishes is incredibly infuriating for him.
skatepixie
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by skatepixie »

1) When did you figure out that "Gran" was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
When "Gran" started mirroring Bella's movements.

That, and the fact that there is a conflict between them about her possible transformation. She wants to be part of the Cullen family, and she also wants to be close to Edward's age forever.

Yes. I didn't know, and I was worried.

I had expected them to be closer, and I was worried that maybe Alice had seen something in the future or whatever.

Panic. I think it was very realistic, but that Jasper over-reacted. He should have known that Bella wouldn't have been too angry.

Either that, or that Jasper would be punished or told off for it. Not that he would be kicked out of the family or anything, but that he might have been asked to leave when she would be there or something.

I thought it was possible, that was for sure.

Cool What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
I thought she was overreacting a bit. But then I love parties and presents so. :P

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
He was upset, and I didn't understand why he was so dead set on leaving her human. But then, I agree with Carlisle on the whole "do vampires have souls" issue, so...
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

When she mentioned that Gran also looked sheepish, I picked it up.

Yes. It's a legitimate fear. Their relationship has enough challenges without her looking so much older than him, and becoming even more frail.

I was probably more surprised that he didn't pick her up for school. I assumed this (not picking her up) might be a restriction that Charlie had set.

I thought her explanation that he had gone back to being careful was satisfactory.

Exactly what did happen!

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullens' house any more?
I already knew Edward was going to break up with her, and I assumed that this was why.

No. She wouldn't have accepted it.

Cool What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
A little. I could understand her being down about it, though.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
Both reactions seemed in accordance with what was established in the first book as far as their characters went.
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I figured it out when Bella figured it out. I was surprised that Bella was looking in a mirror and didn't see it coming. While reading the Saga I didn't want to figure anything out. I wanted to be surprised.

No, because she repeats many times how she doesn't want to get much older than Edward.

No I wasn't surprised that Edward wasn't there. I think it would be too much if SM wrote EDward staying and watching Bella every night when she sleeps in this book. It was fine in the first cause it was new but he has to take care of himself food wise and family wise.

I did expect them to be closer cause I thought it would be easier for him to be around her, but I think he wants to be closer to her but also take that precaution so he never hurts her until he gets his hungry for blood under control.

Shocked cause I wasn't expecting it. I knew they would all hungry for her blood but Edward wouldn't let anyone hurt her.

I think if Jasper had attacked there would be a huge fight between Edward and Jasper. No, I didn't think that Bella wouldn't be able to come over again, but to keep her distance away from Jasper.

A part of me did but then Edward respects Bella's wishes expect for turning, so another part of me didn't think he bought a car.

I did b/c we all love birthdays at least when we are young, however none of us ever dealt with the offer of living forever so maybe we would be acting that way.

I felt his reaction was normal b/c he has a very good point on why he wants her to be human and have those human experiences. Though I did think he should grant her her wish b/c I did understand that at a certain age she would want to still look young while standing next to Edward and she would experience those human things that matter while being young. For example, high school graduation getting into places that require you to be 21.
Banner by TammyAZ