A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Preface

Post by BlueStarlight »

1) What were your first impressions of this section? Action! Yes!! My heart was pounding because of Bella's urgent running.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were? I had no idea where they were.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to? vampire enemies

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward? Yes. Clues- Edward was always precious to her; Alice was trapped by the sunlight; if she failed, she forfeited her desire to live (without Edward).

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall? hahaha... I thought she would, but sincerely hoped she wouldn't because I understood how urgent the time was with the sun being in the center of the sky!
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

What were your first impressions of this section?
i was like, what did Bella do this time

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
i had no idea.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
Vampires of course. :) no idea what the 'wings' thing meant.

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward?

pretty much. it said that 'for in failing at this, i forfeited any desire to live' and Edward being in trouble was the only reason i could see that would make Bella want to die.

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall?
hahaha... ummm yes. i did hope she wouldn't though.
corinnejca
Wandering Through Town

Post by corinnejca »

1) What were your first impressions of this section?

I didn't pay too much attention to it. I knew that I would have no idea what any of it meant until I got to the end of the book.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?

I had no idea. I didn't try to make any assumptions at all.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?

A vampire.

Nope. Again, I didn't try to make any sense of the preface.

It did not cross my mind at all, but it probably should have.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I had an inkling starting this book that Edward and the Cullens were going to leave and I wasn't sure if they were going to come back, so the first thing that ocurred to me in reading the preface was , "Oh good, Alice is in here."

I knew it had something to do with Edward but I wasn't really sure what, I thought maybe she was brought there by someone else. I gathered they might be in Europe somewhere, though I wasn't sure where. I also thought they could have been in London.

Other vampires

Yes

I figured she would.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
bella_love3
Learning to Love Green

Post by bella_love3 »

I thought it was very exciting and I really wanted to find out where they were.
I wasn't very sure but I knew the lack of Edward had something to do with why she was there. And I thought that maybe she was in some Ancient vampire place.
I thought that the bloodthirsty thing was referring to bad vampires and I thought that Bella was running through a crowd of some supernatural thing but not vampires.
I kind of had a hint that she wanted to save him but it was no clear.
I actually didn't even consider that becuase she seemed to determined to save whatever it was (Edward) to fall.
xxabbsxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxabbsxx »

I thought that when the climax came, it was going to be intense. Running out of time, but you have to save someone in that limited amount of time that's clearly impossible! I had no idea what had happened though, all i knew that it was something bad. That's also a reason why I never believed Edward was "gone" for one minute, who else's life would she describe as that?

No idea where she was. Just that she was racing to a clock tower to save Edward...

There was a vampire (something bloodthirsty), waiting just around the corner, where I can't see, ready to pop out at any moment (in the wings).

HAHAHA! "I didn't care about my own life anymore, I was trying to save something infinately more precious." ? She also mentioned something about how she wouldn't even want to live anymore anyways if she didn't succeed; that's like a dead give-away right there.

I honestly didn't know...
iluvuedward
Settled in Forks

Post by iluvuedward »

Bella got herself into trouble again? No way!

Okay, I'll admit it. I read alot of spoilers, so I already knew. Shame on me.

A vampire.

No, not at all.

Of course, she's always falling. Or slicing her head open.
Chocolatebrowneyes
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chocolatebrowneyes »

actually first reaction was "Who has her mom this time?" yeah I know LOL

Trying to save someone she loved, and I had no idea where they were, somewhere with a big clock.

Honestly I had no idea

No, I was thinking it was one of her parents or maybe a chance it was Edward

no
"Why won't you leave me alone?"
Believe me,I wanted to say. I've tried.
Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you.
Keep it light.

ImageImageImageImage
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I was confused. I was also a little...unsettled because i dont like things coming between Bella and Edward, and the preface sure indicated to some crazy, unpleasnant scenarios taking place.

Um I had no clue where she was or who brought her there. But I knew we weren't in Forks anymore.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
No idea. Honestly, at this point into the book, there really was no way to even have have a clue as to who it was. It couldve been anyone. But it scared me because i dont like my favorite characters ever dying, or being endangered =[

No idea. I didnt really stop to think about it. I was just rushing to get to the first chapter =]

I didnt really consider it or think about it.
cminor
Settled in Forks

Post by cminor »

It was a little confusing and cloudy. Like maybe she was dreaming.

Something sub-concious brought her to where they were - probably because I thought it was a dream. I didn't think they were in an actual place.

A new coven of vampires.

I actually thought that it had more to do with Alice. That somehow Bella had to try to save her.

I am suprised, but no. I never even thought of it.