A Chapter by Chapter Discussion of New Moon

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xBellatrixBlackx
Settled in Forks

Re: Preface

Post by xBellatrixBlackx »

1) What were your first impressions of this section?

My first impressions were 'i have to read on', it was just such a captivating piece of writing, this was a very good preface and i definitley think anyone who read that alone would want to read the whole book

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?

I don't know, i suppose i figured she was still in Forks, though it switched to Phoenix when she began talking about the sun. I had a feeling she was trying to save somebody, or she was running from something, i can't remeber very clearly though, it was ages ago.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?

Well, as soon as i heard blood thirsty the first thing that popped up into my head was vampire-obviously, like a bad vampire or something.

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward?

I had an idea she was trying to save someone but having only read twilight i couldn't think of anyone who could be capable of harming Edward. The Volturi didn't pop into my head even thought it had been briefly mentioned in Twilight, i figured i'd just read on and find out rather than question or wonder.

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall?

i take it you mean fail? If you do then my answer to that is...i just read it, i didn't really guess anything because it was less than a page long
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

I had a feeling that it was Edward in danger. What else would Bella hold so much higher than her own life?

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were?
Edward in danger. Had no idea where they were, though. But I'd gathered it wasn't Forks.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
That had to mean more vampires; I thought Laurent or Victoria, 'cause they were the bad guys.

Yep.

:lol: I really did.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
you.are.my.heroin
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I was like aww Edward in danger cause what else would Bella hold higher than her life

Edward was in danger, I wans't quite sure where they were but i knew it wasn't Forks

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
Some other vampires, either Laurent and Victoria or unknown bad ones

Yup

Oh yeah
**Kathryn**
Lirpa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lirpa »

1) What were your first impressions of this section? I was really confused. I did not know where Edward was and I did not understand what Bella was running toward. But it did it's job, I read the book in less than 2 days.

2) What did you think brought Bella to this place? Where, exactly, did you think they were? No idea

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to? Vampires

4) Did you know right away that she was trying to save Edward? No I did not come to that conclusion at all.

5) Be honest, did you think Bella would fall? Yes, Bella always falls.
Team Alice- Seeing the future since 1901
"Because only a vampire can love you forever."
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

seven words: I CANT WAIT TO READ THE BOOK!

i was really lost in what all of it meant! i. was. clueless. :lol:

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings" referred to?
like other vampires and by in the wings like waiting in the shadows or something... i really didnt know!

nope i thought it was something esle... not sure what... but definetly not that!

yep! i sure did! :lol:
Betting on Alice.
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

Preface

Post by rainbowcrayon »

This is an amazingly written section of New Moon and probably one of my favorites. I'm a sucker for figurative language and lengthy descriptions, especially ones depicting ambiguous plot. I was confused, but happy, and wondering what was going on and trying to figure it out all at the same time.

My first thought, at the words "clock tower", was of Big Ben in London, but was thrown off by the "brilliant sunshine". This was the first bit of the Twilight series I ever read, and fascinated me from the beginning. I really had no idea what was going on, but I knew there was someone named Alice in the book, and it was noon by a clock tower that wasn't Big Ben.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings"referred to?
Some sort of menace threatening the main character, who I had not been introduced to yet as I had never read the books before.

Nope. I thought it had something to do with this Alice person. I didn't know an Edward existed yet.

No. I didn't know she was clumsy. As it was dreamlike, it seemed perfectly realistic that whoever this was would be running just fine, except for the "crowded square" bit, so she was pushing past people.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

Not entirely sure. I do remember thinking it wasn't what I had expected so far and it just...felt different. That's the best way I can articulate it.

Again, I wasn't sure. My very first impression was that she was in London, just because it mentioned the clock tower. When I think of a clock tower, I immediately think of Big Ben. Haha.

3) Whom did you assume the "something bloodthirsty" waiting "in the wings"referred to?
Whoever was threatening the life of the person she was trying to save. Most likely a bad vampire.

I had a pretty good idea it was Edward, but I couldn't be sure.

The thought didn't even cross my mind. But this question reminded me of a quote from the book that went something like..
"That would be just like me. To end the world in a moment of klutziness."
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
kayAlicekay
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kayAlicekay »

That Bella was saving someone and that she needed to, and that she was risking her life, all obvious impressions.

She was trying to save someone. I had NO idea where they were, or any guesses.

I knew it had to be a vampire, but I didn't know what waiting in the wings meant.

Yes. The words: "I wasn't running for my life; I was racing to save something infinitely more precious. My own life meant little to me today." ~ New Moon, pg. 1 That gave it all away, because Edward was of course the precious something.

Yes, I did. That's Bella.
KayKay Peace Live Laugh Love TWILIGHT!
Team Alice - Seeing the future since 1901 - Shopper Team Rosalie - Every Rose has its thorns
Team Renesmee - Not the Loch Ness
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I knew the dream meant something but I didn't know what.
In London at the Big Ben clock. Bella was there to save someone.
I had a feeling after reading Twilight for the first time the Volturi would come up again but I was quite sure
Again I had a feeling b/c she states her life meant little today. Which she puts Edward life first before her own.
I did
Banner by TammyAZ
April Allen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by April Allen »

I didn't have a clue of what was happening.

I guessed it was another big problem that had to do with Bella and Edward, and I thought they weren't in Forks, because of the sun. But I didn't think they were so far away.

Another vampire like James.

I thought it has him she was trying to save.

Hahaha, I don't know...
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course." - Bella Swan