Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sazykid
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Epilogue ~ Choice

Post by sazykid »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?
I was a little disappointed to see the change in narrators. I like reading things from Bellas point of view, and I was secretly hoping it was going to be from Edwards point of view. Hearing things from Jacob's point of view was definetly different, but not bad. We go from a mature young woman, to a teenage boy who has just had his heart broken. It does give us the chance to really see Jacob because we can see exactly what he is feeling and going through, not just what Bella assumes is going on.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?
Yes, I can understand what she is going through a little more. But, I still think she is a b****, she really could have been nicer to Jake. She of all people should understand what Jake is going through and she could have been much more understanding.

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?
I was sort of torn by the whole thing. On one hand, I was impressed that Edward put aside his feelings toward Jake to invite him to the wedding; Edward knew Bella really would want Jake there even if she didn't admit it. On the other hand, I can't help but think Edward sent the invitation as a way to really stick it to Jake; he was showing Jake that he had won. I also wasn't sure if Jake would go to the wedding. I'm sure he would want to see Bella again and make sure she was happy, but at the same time, I don't think I would put myself through that torture so why would he?

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?
I was sad for Jacob because he was so hurt that he couldn't handle it anymore and I was sad for Billy because Jake was leaving. Jake was a little annoying sometimes, but I like him and I didn't want him to be that heartbroke and upset.
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's?

I was glad for the change in the narrators. Jacob to me is the voice that most of us would have in the story. His voice to me was more relateable due to the fact that I'm a Twiguy, and understand where he is coming from with relationship troubles.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?

I can understand her pain thanks to how Jacob compared it. Loosing the one you care for to another, and feeling ripped out inside over it.

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?

He didnt do the right thing at all. I saw that as Edward taking a shot at Jacob by saying "hey you lost I won here's the evidence" I was rather mad he sent the invitation knowing it would hurt Jacob. Before reading BD I knew Jacob would show up to at least try and take one last shot at Bella.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?

I thought it was his way of working the problem out. I was a little hurt by it knowing the pain he felt over loosing Bella to Edward. Also the fact that he was hurt so much that he would leave his human life behind him so easily.
Tonya

Post by Tonya »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his voice different from Bella's? Well Stephenie really couldn't tell us about Jacob in Bella's perspective since they didn't see each other. When I first read it I guess I was a little annoyed tho. It was a lot different he's so angry now.

2. Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own? Not really I felt sorry for her since Jacob told her story in the beginning. Everyone always complains about her but the girl has reasons to be the way she is. Also I have a sneaking suspition she had ulteriave motives when she cornered that newborn vamp. Like she was hoping he would kill her.

3. Do you think Edward did the right thing by invited Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not? From Edwards perspective yes. Jake had the right to chose. Can I stand up as her friend or am I done with her. I did not think from his reaction that he would go. He obviously wants all or nothing now.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone? Sad for him he was in pain. But I still think he did it to himself. He pushed Bella even though she told him there was no chance. No I didn't look at it like good he is leaving them alone that's mean.
you.are.my.heroin

Post by you.are.my.heroin »

I like Jakes point fo view, he's more violet less planed out with his thoughts.

Yeah, kinda sorta.

Yep, no I didn't the girl he loves is getting married who wants to see that?

It broke my heart I love that kid.
**Kathryn**
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i liked the change. i thought it was cool to hear what happened in his point of view. before i read breaking dawn, i was afreaid that BD was going to be all in his point of view. but i like the balance.

yep, i've always had a soft spot for leah....just like rosalie! she can get annoying but she has her reasons.! ;)

i think after their conversation in the tent it was...safe...and smart..jacob wouldve crashed anyway....i just know it.

i loved jacob!!! i couldnt bear it!!! the wait for august was waaayyyy tooooo looooong!!!
Betting on Alice.
tiffrox9
Settled in Forks

Post by tiffrox9 »

1. How did you feel about the change in narrators? Did you like hearing from Jacob's voice? How was his different from Bella's?

Though I love hearing the story from Bella's mind, because of her irrational and nieve thoughts, being inside Jacobs mind for a chapter was a refreshing change. I actually really enjoyed hearing from Jacob's voice. It let me understand him better. There were some differences in Bella and Jacob's mind. For example, Bella seemed to care more for other people and about what she said to them more then Jacob. Jacob wasn't as considerate. But, since they are 'almost' soulmates, I wasn't surprised that their thoughts were very similiar.

2.Did your opinion of Leah Clearwater change at all from this small bit that we got to see with her? Can you understand her pain a bit more when Jacob compares it to his own?

I have always had sympathy and pity for Leah. But being able to talk to her (thearetically) was very intresting. I didn't know she was in that much pain. I just made me feel worse for her.

3. Do you think Edward di the right thing by inviting Jacob to the wedding even though Bella didn't want to? Before you read Breaking Dawn, did you think Jacob would show up at the wedding? Why or why not?

I believe Edward did the right thing by inviting Jacob. I think it shows that Edward also somewhat cares that Jacobs there. And since I actually haven't read Breaking Dawn, I think that Jacob will go to the wedding. He has always been very strong, and was able to see Edward and Bella together for the longest time. The weddig shouldn't be too much to handle.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wold form? Did it break you heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?

I havent read Breaking Dawn so i couldnt say sorry
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by futurevampire »

I was just like "Grr why is this stupid character in the story!!?!?!" No. I did not. It was more direct and not as...flowery...and more depressing.
She amused me, I think. I felt sorry for her.
Yeah, Bella always wanted him to be the best man, and like he said, he would have wanted the choice too, so he just gave him the choice. I didn't want him to, but knowing how he kept coming back into the story to annoy the heck out of me, I guess I expected it.
I was like YESS!!!!! STAY AWAY!!! FAR FAR AWAY!!! Jacob fans probably don't think I have a heart. So it didn't break it. I was very glad that he was finally getting a clue and leaving them alone.
This sounds cruel...
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley

Post by misskiley »

I was very surprised when the narrarator became Jacob,.. I was not expecting that. I liked it,.. he is a great person and has a great personality and it's ALWAYS great to know what other people are thinking. He is very different from Bella.

You realize more of her pain and how much of a pain the Why are we talking about a donkey? she really is. I felt a little bit less empathy for her when I realize how kind of mean she is .

I never thought Jacob would show to the wedding, err.. just because that's the girl he's in love with. But Jacob and Bella also have a very strange relationship where I could see him going just because he does love Bella. I think Edward was right to send it to Jacob, because everyone wants the choice. It was hurtful but it might have hurt not to of been invited at all.

It broke my heart. He's having such a hard time with this,.. I thought it was fitting for Jacob to be the one who would stay in wolf form,.. because he'd be the only one to do it.
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

I loved hearing Jacob's voice, now im not on his team, but the way he thought was so different, fresh and funny that i couldnt help but love this epilogue it was a stark clear contrast from the way that we got used to Bella thinking, that i was glad of it.

It made me think more about her character, hearing her from a closer persons point of view made me realise that she was a deeper character than was made out to be, she plays a more important role.

I think he did the honerable thing, but not nessasarly the right choice. He did what he thought would please Bella, and thats what counted.

4. How did you feel about Jacob running away and deciding to stay in wolf form? Did it break your heart? Or were you glad he was leaving Edward and Bella alone?[/quote]
I thought that it was sad, that the fued and his heartbreak had gotten so much that for him there seemed to be no other choice, but i think even he realised he couldnt run from his problems forever
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

1. I loved the change in narrators! I guess it's because I'm a huge Jacob fan but It was so nice to finally know what he is thinking... to understand his pain... I love it so much!

2. Leah was really annoying there.. I like her much better in Breaking Dawn..

3. I think that what Edward did was really nice and sincre...He knows how much Jacob means to Bella and I think he did the right thing.. now it's up to Jacob..
I thought that the pain was much too big for Jacob to bare.. that he won't show up because it will cost him so much later...
But I always knew he would show up. Bella means so much to him that he can bare the pain that comes afterwrords just to make her happy.. to see her for the last time with heartbeat... :D
So... there was a huge comflict inside my brain that she sloved for me... thanx Stephnie :D

4. The fact that he ran away as a wolf broke my heart... I couldn't sleep the first night I read it... his pain! it kills me =[ I can't see him or hear his thought, the same, suffering like that! it makes me wonna cry :cry:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha