Chapter by Chapter Eclipse Discussion

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
futurevampire
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 18 ~ Instruction

Post by futurevampire »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
No. But then again, I detest Jacob...and wanted him to get hurt.
2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
Probably extended family members and younger cousins of the werewolves; other people in the tribe in some way descended from the original wolves.
3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
I figured they'd kind of have a barrier between them, just not be hostile and plan together. They'd still be separated. I was proud of them for not ripping each other into pieces and being able to collaborate. Of course they both wanted Bella safe, that's about the only thing they have in common.
4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
I love it when Alice beats him. I love how each member was just being themselves...and how it was so unique, even when they were just fighting, the differences between them.
5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
No. Knowing Bella, "ooh a cute little dog aww I always wanted a puppy" was what I expected from her with Jacob. I can't stand how she feels about him.
Edward and Bella Forever!!!<3 :: Lexicalia :: Team Esme!
Mafia: Natalia Gravano/Nat :: I'm on The List!! ~Marisa
misskiley
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by misskiley »

1. Do you feel Bella’s fears for Jacob and the pack being involved in the fight are reasonable?
No not really. Who wants someone they love to be in a horrible fight to the death? I don't think she gives them enough credit though overall.. but I fear for the werewolves against the vampires also!

2. The wolf pack has grown in number. Who did you suspect the new werewolves were?
I was pretty clueless to this,.. it made sense after it was explained though. I just thought other boys from La Push that they didn't talk about.

3. How did you think the wolves and vampires would manage to work together? What about Jacob and Edward’s cooperation for Bella’s safety?
Jacob and Edward have been very good to each other,.. ecspecially after everything that has happened,.. but people do form bonds over weird stuff. I thought the werewolves/vampires would be able to cooperate as long as the wolves behaved themselves,.. we all know the Cullens well enough to know they would be civil.

4. What were you thinking as you read about Jasper’s exercises with his siblings?
I forget how fast they are and that it'd be hard for Bella to watch them,.. I kinda figured she was watching them fight and seeing it all, but then I was like,.. oh yea,.. they're incredibly fast,.. it's probably really confusing

5. What did you predict Bella’s reaction would be to Jacob in wolf form? Were you surprised?
I thought when she was petting him it was sweet,.. but then I was like,.. wait. He is human and she's rubbing his neck and his face,.. I was surprised Edward didn't put him on a leash (hah.. ) I thought it was kind of irresponsible to be touching him like that.
asif
Settled in Forks

Post by asif »

Not really. I think she should begin to understand what they are actually capable of. They've shown before how easily they can kill an older vampire, so why should it be any harder with newborns if they know the right techniques?

I tried to count on my fingers how many I'd heard about, but I only reached 7 or something, so I had no idea. I figured it had to be someone we haven't heard of.

I kind of knew since I saw the movie first, but I think they did very good since they are, after all, natural enemies. It's so cute how Jacob and Edward squabble to have the best idea. Jacob came with a good one in the end, though.

I was wondering how Jasper felt when he attacked Alice, even though it was only for practice. I mean, it must've felt kind of weird. I also thought that it looked really exciting on the big screen.

I didn't really think about it. But I was very surprised when he licked her on the cheek, haha.
Brienna
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Brienna »

Nope, she worries way too much.

Seth for sure, didn't know the rest.

I thought it all would work out.

That it was cool.

I thought she would be fascinated, I wasn't surprised at all.
Gochiruzeru
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Gochiruzeru »

Yes and no. I understand that there's a natural part of her that loves them, and wants them to be safe, but she underestimates them way too much. The werewolves are far more capable than she thinks.

I couldn't remember all of the characters, so I didn't know.

They would both be trying to kill the same people (err, vampires), so it wouldn't have been too hard. I liked that Jacob and Edward were so willing to save Bella.

A little odd, but understandable.

I thought she would be frightened, but I really liked the way she reacted. It was cute. ^^
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yes. She knows they're mortal. The danger to them, and even to the Cullens, is very real.

I thought it likely that Seth was one of them, as he was at the meeting Bella went to. I didn't consider Leah.

They're both dedicated to her safety, so it was certainly possible they could put aside their differences in order to protect her.

I thought it would be fun to watch!

I thought she'd be fine with him pretty quickly.